Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Revert the Bloodsurge buff !

We don't need that extra 30 rage per bloodsurge proc, just revert the buff and the nerfs together. BT and CS nerfed by 10%, fine, but RB also? That's ridiculous.

Our damage will be fine, all the crit and insane trinkets would have made us too good. I will take a straight damage nerf over a nerf to mechanics any day. The bloodsurge buff is really great and will make rotation more fluid in that u wont have to feel bad about using bloodsurge right before a CS if you dont have 100+ rage. The only thing I dont like is the HL glyph nerf. Felt good that one of the most unique and fun abilities to use, and I suppose one of the "hardest" to fit into your burst rotation rewarded you with such good damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Our damage will be fine, all the crit and insane trinkets would have made us too good. I will take a straight damage nerf over a nerf to mechanics any day. The bloodsurge buff is really great and will make rotation more fluid in that u wont have to feel bad about using bloodsurge right before a CS if you dont have 100+ rage. The only thing I dont like is the HL glyph nerf. Felt good that one of the most unique and fun abilities to use, and I suppose one of the "hardest" to fit into your burst rotation rewarded you with such good damage.
    You know we're still gonna use hl cause it's still free and off the gcd, right?

Of course. My point is that I liked that the reward for working HL into your rotation gave such a big payoff, and it was really fun to see the crazy initial burst when leaping into big trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You know we're still gonna use hl cause it's still free and off the gcd, right?
    Sure, an increase is an increase no matter how you look at it... but In 5.2, failing to use heroic leap for DPS on single targets just won't matter nearly as much as it does now. It will require less skill to do good damage as a warrior in 5.2 because of this, and the gap between top warriors and meh warriors on WoL will get smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    Sure, an increase is an increase no matter how you look at it... but In 5.2, failing to use heroic leap for DPS on single targets just won't matter nearly as much as it does now. It will require less skill to do good damage as a warrior in 5.2 because of this, and the gap between top warriors and meh warriors on WoL will get smaller.
    i get what your saying but imo the line between top warriors and meh warriors is not drawn at the 'using heroic leap' point.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i get what your saying but imo the line between top warriors and meh warriors is not drawn at the 'using heroic leap' point.
    Exactly, just take a look at top40 logs from Feng HC... a lot of the top parses barely even use heroic leap.

1) The top parses for Feng HC utilize sitting in the Shield phase to pad via AoE. I also assume they still use Heroic Leap, but since the fight (atm) is very short due to gear, it just doesn't appear to be.
    2) I'm a little upset with the nerfs. Not because they are nerfs, but because they are nerfing Fury at such key points that it's likely (even more so now) that Arms will be the go to spec, which Arms stat weights on PTR is haste>crit>mastery. This kind of throws a wrench into having all the new gear for choice idea, since Haste is the go to stat for everyone (dw frost wants mastery, but haste is close) but Fury warriors. This is will also make it a pain to play both specs in case certain fights favor one spec than the other, since your arms gear will not be optimal for Fury, unless it's Haste/Crit, which most pieces aren't.

This kind of throws a wrench into having all the new gear for choice idea, since Haste is the go to stat for everyone (dw frost wants mastery, but haste is close) but Fury warriors.
    Great, no competition for the crit loot as fury then since everyone else competes for the haste gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Great, no competition for the crit loot as fury then since everyone else competes for the haste gear!
    I'm not sure if you saw the full point, but the changes will (via sim which isn't 100% accurate, but can be taken as a decent view of how it'll happen) that Arms will be better than Fury, and Arms will compete for every plate user for the same BiS haste gear. If you intend to stay Fury (and Fury doesn't fall off with the latest nerfs in comparison to Arms) then it won't change the t14 to t15 gear of Crit=Fury Warrior, everything else=Not Fury Warrior.

Deleted
    Feng logs are BAD to compare with each other, because some people are using shield phases to increase dps by a fuckton. Also that fight is very vulnerable to RNG (alot of BT crits and execute crits).

I think bloodsurge buff is great tbh, we will be able to use HS even more now and execute phase becomes slightly more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    1) The top parses for Feng HC utilize sitting in the Shield phase to pad via AoE. I also assume they still use Heroic Leap, but since the fight (atm) is very short due to gear, it just doesn't appear to be.
    2) I'm a little upset with the nerfs. Not because they are nerfs, but because they are nerfing Fury at such key points that it's likely (even more so now) that Arms will be the go to spec, which Arms stat weights on PTR is haste>crit>mastery. This kind of throws a wrench into having all the new gear for choice idea, since Haste is the go to stat for everyone (dw frost wants mastery, but haste is close) but Fury warriors. This is will also make it a pain to play both specs in case certain fights favor one spec than the other, since your arms gear will not be optimal for Fury, unless it's Haste/Crit, which most pieces aren't.
    I don't mind the Heroic Leap glyph nerf for this reason. When I had the top parse on Feng approximately 8% of my damage was from heroic leap. Which is about on par with my Dragon Roar. With that type of damage potential Heroic Leap stopped being a movement ability and shifted to what amounts to a fancy AoE move. And this just isn't what Blizzard intended for the ability.

Warrior PvE mobility is actually pretty limited right now so I wouldn't mind using Heroic Leap for movement being less punishing.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Uh, latest sims show SMF Fury still in the lead. We'll just get better and better with more crit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Uh, latest sims show SMF Fury still in the lead. We'll just get better and better with more crit gear.
    Did even someone already apply the latest changes to it ? The latest I saw was quite close already.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Latest sim is using the PTR patch before the 10% RB/BT/CS nerfs. The damage in total will be, based on the orignal sim-er's napkin math and past sim.
    Warrior_Fury_1h_T15H: 176699
    Warrior_Fury_2h_T15H: 174411
    Warrior_Arms_T15H: 171153
    There's a 5k dps gap, but Arms is neither gemmed/reforged/geared optimally (using Fury's gear despite Strength>Haste>Crit for Arms)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking nerf me in pvp more bastards !!!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Latest sim is using the PTR patch before the 10% RB/BT/CS nerfs. The damage in total will be, based on the orignal sim-er's napkin math and past sim.
    Warrior_Fury_1h_T15H: 176699
    Warrior_Fury_2h_T15H: 174411
    Warrior_Arms_T15H: 171153
    There's a 5k dps gap, but Arms is neither gemmed/reforged/geared optimally (using Fury's gear despite Strength>Haste>Crit for Arms)
    5K cap, but if the nerf is like effective 3% for SMF, wouldn't it put the SMF closer to ~171k? Yeah, bad math I know, but anyway... Top of that unoptimal Arms reforge/gem would put Arms up a bit. If they would be 1:1 on theoretical dps, probably Arms would win 90% time because RNG spec is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    5K cap, but if the nerf is like effective 3% for SMF, wouldn't it put the SMF closer to ~171k? Yeah, bad math I know, but anyway... Top of that unoptimal Arms reforge/gem would put Arms up a bit. If they would be 1:1 on theoretical dps, probably Arms would win 90% time because RNG spec is RNG.
    More or less. Arms would see easily a 5-6k dps boost by swapping the amount of Crit into Haste (to increase the trinket uptimes, which include a 15% crit trinket at this time). Mind you, simcraft isn't 100% accurate, but it's safe to say that all three warrior specs will be so close that you should go w/e you get gear for (which at this time is most likely Fury since most warriors are Fury gemmed/geared right now).

better

we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=31#602

He also mentions they may change Reck to a 3min CD with a 30% inc crit chance instead of 50%; glyph would change as well.