Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

High-Elves for Alliance as a playable race

High-Elves are in the Alliance since thousands of years - even if they splinted, even if their population in the Alliance have been strongly reduced, they had many time to breed since, and now, we can see in the game that there is MANY MANY high-elves, perfectly integrated into the Alliance, they fight for the Alliance, they are almost considered like humans, they also played an important role in the game, and in the Alliance - they learnt the magic to the Alliance, also, we know that in the next expansion, Alleria will be "back" ("" cause we never seen her in World of Warcraft), Alleria which is an important char in the Alliance since she led the Alliance expedition in Outland, isn't it a great leader for High-Elves ? Also, it's a good way to make some interesting storrytelling about her and Sylvanas who is an Horde leader.

Also, most of the class could be playable by High-elves :

Death Knight
    Hunter
    Mage
    Monk
    Paladin
    Priest
    Rogue
    Warrior

And eventually Warlock . (Have to think about it, it's a bit tricky cause we never heard about High-Elves warlocks)

Also, High-Elves already have a racial mount which is the Quel'Dorei steed (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...orei_Steed.jpg), Blizzard could easily make some racial mounts for High-Elves with this. Even if it's a horse, it's totally different from human's horses.

Plus, elves are really appreciated by players, High-Elves would attract elfs players in the Alliance, and it is a way to balance the Alliance-Horde population, which is at the moment overwhelmingly horde (except on some servs like mine, i mean, generally).

It seems way more conceivable and reasonable than some of players fantasies like Nagas and Ethereals ...
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a high elf warlock trainer in dalaran. I'm all for them as the next alliance race though!

I think this topic has been done to death, have had so many threads lately on high elves, naga, ethereals, ogres etc as *wanted as playable races* To be honest, none of them appeal to -me- at all, I honestly think race wise we are in a good position, and would rather they maybe skipped a new race for the next expac in favour of something else, even new classes I get sick fed up of seeing ideas thrown about too, I get the interest, but honestly would like to see a twist for this expac that isn't a race/class thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think all races should get a traitor quest line that allows you to switch faction while keeping your same race. Say, alliance goblin or horde draenai.

Deleted
    Thousands of years? They had time to breed? considered like humans?

Alliance does not exist as organisation for more than hundered years, learn about 3rd war and then talk about breeding, and for 3rd argument google dark knight Garithos.

And stop this wet dreams conspiracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    Thousands of years? They had time to breed? considered like humans?

Alliance does not exist as organisation for more than hundered years, learn about 3rd war and then talk about breeding, and for 3rd argument google dark knight Garithos.

And stop this wet dreams conspiracy.
    High-Elves got allied with the humans of Arathor against the Amani trolls, that's the moment where the High-Elves first teached the magic to humans, and it was WAY before the orcs came to Azeroth.

EDIT : Wowpedia says that the troll wars ended about 2800 years before the orcs came to Azeroth ... it's already nearly three thousands years.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too similar to blood elves, Blizzard has said not just once, but a few times that they aren't implementing races that are too similar in appearance to ones that already exist. Tired of people ignoring this.

Can't find the citation, but really, Blood Elves with blue eyes instead of green? Do you really expect that to fly?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-02-21 at 03:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Too similar to blood elves, Blizzard has said not just once, but a few times that they aren't implementing races that are too similar in appearance.
    Where did you saw that ?

No. We don't need a third race of elves.
    Twas brillig

High-elves are Night Elves.
    Meep~

More elves!

more elves!

more elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    I thought they were Blood Elves before they became Blood Elves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, definitely.

Those are all the same classes that Humans can play as. Why would I pick High elf over human? They would need to have crazy good racials

I want to see the Kaldorei and the Quel'dorei interact. Sure, the Kaldorei allowed the Highborn back into their ranks. But the latter? I doubt they'd be too pleased to see the alliance scoop them up. And even if they were, it'd be awkward at best. However, I do agree that the High Elves should rejoin the alliance, formerly of course. That's the thing though, the High Elves don't have a formal faction. The closest thing they have to a leader is Alleria and... well, I think she's overzealous.

They used to be.

The most logical concept would be to give the Horde Ogres, and then turn "Elves" into a neutral race that can choose a faction and be either blood or high.

I want a thalassian charger, darn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post

Yes, definitely.
    I think she meant to say Blood Elves.

They look almost exactly like Blood Elves so no. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    High-Elves are in the Alliance since thousands of years - even if they splinted, even if their population in the Alliance have been strongly reduced, they had many time to breed since, and now, we can see in the game that there is MANY MANY high-elves, perfectly integrated into the Alliance, they fight for the Alliance,
    It's been how long since Kael'Thas' Blood Elves split off from the High Elves exactly?

According to Wowwiki's old timeline, The Frozen Throne happened in the year 25, WoW began in year 30, TBC is year 32, Wrath is 34 and Cataclysm is 39 (years since the First War). Not sure how long after that MoP is set, at most 5 years? So it's been about 20 years or so since TFT. Not really a lot of time for a massive population explosion among the High Elves, even if you take the date of the schism from the moment KT began the Blood Elves. And the High Elves were supposed to be in very low numbers from the beginning of WoW, which is less than 15 years ago. Also I believe Elves reproduce slowly.

So I'd say they're hardly any more numerous now than they were originally. Not that that necessarily stops them being a playable race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These kind of polls should always have a third option "I don't care".
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    The most logical concept would be to give the Horde Ogres, and then turn "Elves" into a neutral race that can choose a faction and be either blood or high.
    Or do nothing and let WoW2 deal with the whole Elf mess when it's released in about 10 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.