Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm sure if Swifty received 10k these forums would have the reverse opinion. It may just be me, but I think the Reckful/Soda fanboyism is getting worse than Swifty. At least Swifty's fanbase are mostly young kids around 12-16 range. Reckful have a fanbase of people over 20 that are practically obsessed with him. Its just as awkward as seeing a 35 year old dude wearing a Peyton Manning jersey at your local Walmart. Get a grip people, they're not gods.
    Swifty just recieved a 10k donation
    http://www.twitch.tv/swifty/b/367539981

Deleted
    Seen the video right ? Reckful might be a good pvper, but his acting skills are as bad as mine when I was 14 and I wanted to hide before my mum that I am drunk.. That scenario he played actually made me doubt about his intellect..

vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJgYNhRNMw

It is technically very same to art - if you will buy a paint from not known young artist for any crazy amount of money - it will raise his value and raise a value of all other paintings he will make. Afterwards, artist can return to donor more than he borrowed (money or other value) and he will start to earn from selling his crap - win win investment.

I would bet that the donations for Wow pvpers are coming from companies which will use those guys for advertising (like NAGA, maybe Blizzard, whatever.....) Honestly.... who is THAT rich to give a guy 10k just because and is watching wow pvp streams ?! If you would be that rich would you spend your time watching Reckful pvping ? :-)
    Last edited by mmoc2b85c39607; 2013-02-19 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    Seen the video right ? Reckful might be a good pvper, but his acting skills are as bad as mine when I was 14 and I wanted to hide before my mum that I am drunk.. That scenario he played actually made me doubt about his intellect..

It is technically very same to art - if you will buy a paint from not known young artist for any crazy amount of money - it will raise his value and raise a value of all other paintings he will make. Afterwards, artist can return to donor more than he borrowed (money or other value) and he will start to earn from selling his crap - win win investment.

I would bet that the donations for Wow pvpers are coming from companies which will use those guys for advertising (like NAGA, maybe Blizzard, whatever.....) Honestly.... who is THAT rich to give a guy 10k just because and is watching wow pvp streams ?! If you would be that rich would you spend your time watching Reckful pvping ? :-)

To the extremely wealthy 10-20k for them is like buying a pack of gum/soda for a normal person. If the man finds entertainment from the people he watches then theres no reason not to donate and if he is from Dubai there are some EXTREMELY wealthy people there.

Also the only things that Reckful actually endorses are things that don't give back to him (like choboco keyboards)
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Deleted
    Just let them fuckin do with the money what they want, it belongs to them.

you act like it would hurt you if someone spends his own money.

Deleted
    who is Amhai anyway? tried googling the name didn't return much other than some gibberish.

there is a screenshot floating around of one of his donations and he has over 4 million dollars in his paypal. people with oil money in dubai can afford to pay 10x what he did without really hurting themselves so i really doubt it's fake and i don't mind. they are free online entertainment whenever any one of us wants it and we have the option to kick them a few bucks in return if we feel like it, or in the case of millionaires, kick them a few thousand dollars.

Deleted
    you know...people in the middle east buy footbal clubs just for fun and games like they are playing a video game..what was it called again ? Soccer manager 2013 or something ? bah i dunno but those oil people from the middle east have ENOUGH money! They do not care about the 10k..really..

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think that someone who is that rich doesn't spend some of his time doing the same stuff other people do? And if it was a company that donated so much, they would have made it pretty clear it was them, and not a rich arab.

I am not too sure why so many people are upset/disturbed/butt hurt by this.

A) He can do with his money as he pleases, the same as everyone else, difference? He has 1000000 times more money then you do.

B) Don't be butt hurt over it, I am happy for those that received those generous donations. For the amount of time they put into it, it is well deserved.

C) I think it would be a safe bet that those who are making a big fuss over this are quite jelly?

I really want to start streaming until I get my share.
    Torque, Guardian of Cenarius

Not sure why some people have to be so negative all the time. These PvP streams have become increasingly popular over the last 6 months, and they're now more popular than ever (probably mostly due to the increasing popularity of steaming and the prominence of twitch.tv). The streams themselves are just another form of entertainment for people, some of whom like to show their appreciation/support by making monetary donations to the streamer.

Maybe the increasing popularity of these streams will be a good thing for WoW and its PvP scene, introducing more people to it and getting it a bit more popular. Haters gonna hate though, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I am not too sure why so many people are upset/disturbed/butt hurt by this.

A) He can do with his money as he pleases, the same as everyone else, difference? He has 1000000 times more money then you do.

B) Don't be butt hurt over it, I am happy for those that received those generous donations. For the amount of time they put into it, it is well deserved.

C) I think it would be a safe bet that those who are making a big fuss over this are quite jelly?
    Haven't really seen alot of people upset/disturbed/butthurt in this thread. Fanboy much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    Haven't really seen alot of people upset/disturbed/butthurt in this thread. Fanboy much?
    Honestly? No. I have watched Azael's (or whatever it is) once.

Just so you people know :

I'm from United Arab Emirates myself (the country where Dubai is located)
    some people here are richer than anyone else you will ever meet in your life, 10k$ is literally nothing for someone who counts his money in HUNDREDS of millions, i think some of you have trouble realizing how much money is generated by oil business
    as a side note, U.A.E has 10% of the world's overall oil reserves
    now take your car and go to the local gas pump, everyone has noticed how fucking expensive the gas is in northern america and europe

fun fact : The Dubai Sheikh's boat costed him ....... 1 BILLION dollars

there are dozens of people who have virtually unlimited money to spend on whatever the fuck they want

10+ Year Old Account

This is actually a very clever insight right here.

Oh it was some guy from Dubai. Now it makes a lot more sense :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxe View Post
    Streamers don't make an insane amount of money from ad revenue, unless you run ads every 20 minutes with over 5k viewers and even then its probably minimum wage considering the time some of these guys put into streaming. For example i won't name the streamer but he gets between 300-700 viewers daily and streams 12+ hours per day/night. He said on stream for Decembers ad revenue he made less than 200 dollars for that month. The same streamer had Towelliee in his stream doing a few arena games and Towelliee said he was earning just 20 dollars a day streaming during December. I think they deserve ALOT more than that for the hours of Entertainment they provide for people and if some rich guy is going to donate to them. Good for them, they deserve every penny.
    You missed the part where twitch didnt refresh a bunch of ad contracts (which run out before/around christmas), so yes he may of been making 20 dollars a day during this period but everyone else was also not making much. Once the ad contracts are refreshed he makes easily x10+ that a day
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    so hard pushing buttonz with easymode macros :3

Idk who they are, but $10,000 just for hosting a vlog? Maybe I should start panhandling and getting free money too.

Honestly, if I was rich, bored, and--of course--a gamer, I'd probably drop some wild cash on my favourite streams. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Idk who they are, but $10,000 just for hosting a vlog? Maybe I should start panhandling and getting free money too.
    What do you think video blogging is?

It's like being a rock star. Some get lucky and establish a reputation. Most don't. Eh, unless you're posting Minecraft videos. In which case, quit your day job.