Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    Wah. More Alliance whining. Par usual. How about they add Taunka? They were added to the Horde. Same movements. Just more facial hair. Would that please you?
    not at all

I dont want them to cheapen the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    not at all

I dont want them to cheapen the game.
    We have Pandas as a race. I don't think they could cheapen the game any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? Argue with me please.

my argument is that the pandas are new, the effort was given to both factions. a high elf would not be effort, and the horde would receive a brand new race.

high elves are already in game. They simply are not playable. Giving them to the alliance is just lazy in my opinion. the horde would get a new state of the art race and the alliance would get a race u have been looking at for years. with blue contacts
    What makes you think I am arguing that they should be used as a brand new race for an expansion release? I never stated that anywhere above. I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate that and neither would you.

If Horde DID get a new race, I would expect the Alliance to receive something similar in return. That does not mean I wouldn't prefer that High Elves be added as a new race in a patch or so, since all of their resources are already established, only requiring small tweaks to adjust faction related issues.

I'm just saying to deny the possibility of adding High Elves as a race because it would be too similar to a horde race would be asinine since they obviously showcased it can and has been done with the addition of Pandaren.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they have tons of animations, great art design and brand new lore.

simply adding brand new races with minor changes is not a solution. Its better to just have more customization options.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    What makes you think I am arguing that they should be used as a brand new race for an expansion release? I never stated that anywhere above. I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate that and neither would you.

If Horde DID get a new race, I would expect the Alliance to receive something similar in return. That does not mean I wouldn't prefer that High Elves be added as a new race in a patch or so, since all of their resources are already established, only requiring small tweaks to adjust faction related issues.

I'm just saying to deny the possibility of adding High Elves as a race because it would be too similar to a horde race would be asinine since they obviously showcased it can and has been done with the addition of Pandaren.
    you misunderstand

i have no issue with races looking similar.
    the issue is how it cheapens the game. high elves given to the alliance means a new race for the horde. the horde would get a brand new race while the alliance gets a race that has existed for years. but with blue contacts.

id rather they just add more options to customize

personal opinion is not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    personal opinion is not fact.
    Which is precisely the same as someone thinking that High Elves being a playable race is cheapening the game.

Deleted
    What are you talking about? Argue with me please.

my argument is that the pandas are new, the effort was given to both factions. a high elf would not be effort, and the horde would receive a brand new race.

high elves are already in game. They simply are not playable. Giving them to the alliance is just lazy in my opinion. the horde would get a new state of the art race and the alliance would get a race u have been looking at for years. with blue contacts
    Most of the peoples wants NPC models to be playable race (Naga, Ethereals etc ...), that's the same as High Elves, it would appear as a lazy process too.
    In reality, i think that it would demand an higher effort to make High-Elves playable than many other races, simply cause it would be hard to create a real difference between HElves and BElves, but it's not impossible : they can create High-Elves as a playable race with specific details reserved to them, AND they can also deepen Blood Elves look along with the incoming race rework to get them away from the high elf model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is precisely the same as someone thinking that High Elves being a playable race is cheapening the game.
    except i at least provide some evidence to my claim

the high elves are blood elves with blue eyes.

now the alliance has more races

now the horde is given a race

its brand new

where was the effort put? the horde gets a new race, the alliance gets a race that went to the eye doctor.

Deleted
    There will be NO Death Knight and Monk High-elvs too, just becouse they have NOTHING to do with those classes. But YES, I want High-Elvs for the Alliance side.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they have tons of animations, great art design and brand new lore.

simply adding brand new races with minor changes is not a solution. Its better to just have more customization options.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:06 AM ----------

you misunderstand

i have no issue with races looking similar.
    the issue is how it cheapens the game. high elves given to the alliance means a new race for the horde. the horde would get a brand new race while the alliance gets a race that has existed for years. but with blue contacts.

id rather they just add more options to customize
    Horde players have been asking for Mag'Har skins for a while now, or amani troll builds, and the Taunka skins, there is plenty of leeway to add similar compensations if High Elves were added to the Alliance. I honestly don't see how more options cheapens the game when lore reasoning for their division among factions is almost hairline thin as it is. (and that part is a matter of opinion, there's not much we can discuss there)

Also, in regards to them recycling the BC models, they are planning on remaking Draenei and Blood Elves anyways, whats not to say they can't design a High Elf Variant that has some distinguishable characteristics this time around?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Most of the peoples wants NPC models to be playable race (Naga, Ethereals etc ...), that's the same as High Elves, it would appear as a lazy process too.
    In reality, i think that it would demand an higher effort to make High-Elves playable than many other races, simply cause it would be hard to create a real difference between HElves and BElves, but it's not impossible : they can create High-Elves as a playable race with specific details reserved to them, AND they can also deepen Blood Elves look along with the incoming race rework to get them away from the high elf model.
    lore wise the differences are now only really political, and eye color.

except i at least provide some evidence to my claim

the high elves are blood elves with blue eyes.

now the alliance has more races

now the horde is given a race

its brand new

where was the effort put? the horde gets a new race, the alliance gets a race that went to the eye doctor.
    Tauren= Taunka
    Blood Elves= High Elves

The Horde gets a race with a lazy barber for Tauren.

No favoritism. Slight model differences. A Taunka is a Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde players have been asking for Mag'Har skins for a while now, or amani troll builds, and the Taunka skins, there is plenty of leeway to add similar compensations if High Elves were added to the Alliance. I honestly don't see how more options cheapens the game when lore reasoning for their division among factions is almost hairline thin as it is. (and that part is a matter of opinion, there's not much we can discuss there)

Also, in regards to them recycling the BC models, they are planning on remaking Draenei and Blood Elves anyways, whats not to say they can't design a High Elf Variant that has some distinguishable characteristics this time around?
    excuse me? where is this option word coming from? do not change your claims mid argument.

i said more options is fine. i wouldn't be surprised if high elf skins were added to the human skin selection. just like brown orcs for orcs, etc

that IS NOT A NEW RACE that is a new skin.

that would not cause any of the issues i presented

NOW

if you would argue a skin option, rather than a new race. I would agree with you.

DO NOT

change your wording mid argument against me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:14 AM ----------

Tauren= Taunka
    Blood Elves= High Elves

The Horde gets a race with a lazy barber for Tauren.

No favoritism. Slight model differences. A Taunka is a Tauren.
    id rather they made 2 new races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    There will be NO Death Knight and Monk High-elvs too, just becouse they have NOTHING to do with those classes. But YES, I want High-Elvs for the Alliance side.
    Well High-elves are on Azeroth too, and there is also many High-elves in Northrend so it's probable that some of them became Death Knights, also, some High-elves death knights exists, c.f Koltira Deathweaver, which is, despite his faction (Horde), an high elf.

I included monks for gameplay purposes, nothing prevent them from being monks.

lore wise the differences are now only really political, and eye color.
    Eye color, skin color (Blood elves tend to have brown skin due to the corruption, that's also the reason of why legion's elves have a red skin), even if the blood elves can have a very pale skin, that's what about i am talking : profit about the race rework to remove thoses pale skin colors from blood elves is a solution to increase the separation between High elves and Blood elves.
    Lore wise ? Blizzard can change the lore at any time. (Even if i don't want them to)
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 06:23 AM.

I'd rather they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they didn't.
    I'd rather pay for new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    excuse me? where is this option word coming from? do not change your claims mid argument.

i said more options is fine. i wouldn't be surprised if high elf skins were added to the human skin selection. just like brown orcs for orcs, etc

that IS NOT A NEW RACE that is a new skin.

that would not cause any of the issues i presented

NOW

if you would argue a skin option, rather than a new race. I would agree with you.

DO NOT

change your wording mid argument against me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 06:14 AM ----------

as far as I am concerned, race/skin choices are the same, they hardly affect gameplay aside from appearance sake and a few lines of dialogue for quest NPC's.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck if its added as a separate race category or a new skin for humans, if asking for that much is too much for you to consider, then that is all I am going to say further.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as I am concerned, race/skin choices are the same, they hardly affect gameplay aside from appearance sake and a few lines of dialogue for quest NPC's.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck if its added as a separate race category or a new skin for humans, if asking for that much is too much for you to consider, then that is all I am going to say further.

then dont argue it as a new race
    they are not the same.
    a new race implies
    new starting experience
    new animations
    new models
    class options
    lore figures
    integration into the greater factions

a new skin option is

click

click

i like that one

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, High Elves to the Alliance and Mok'Nathals to the Horde.

Deleted
    then dont argue it as a new race
    they are not the same.
    a new race implies
    new starting experience
    new animations
    new models
    class options
    lore figures
    integration into the greater factions

a new skin option is

click

click

i like that one
    You had only one new model for Mists of Pandaria.
    Then you'll have another one in the next expansion, which will be the equivalent for High-elves for the horde.

Any problem ?

(+ New doesn't mean better, you want to pay content ? You'll have your content, no matter if it's new or not)