Thread: Frost DK damage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    meanwhile we still die in a shockwave / kidney bomb / deep / etc...

i don't think ALL these buffs were needed, but instead i think they should have buffed our survivability a bit more instead of our damage..
    Those buffs are for specs that are non existant in PvP.
    Theres like 5 DKs at the top of arena right now, not more than 2 MM Hunters and 0 Assassination Rogues.

You guys are crying over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Those buffs are for specs that are non existant in PvP.
    Theres like 5 DKs at the top of arena right now, not more than 2 MM Hunters and 0 Assassination Rogues.

You guys are crying over nothing.
    War/DK/Pala is the 2nd most popular comp over 2.2k.

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

I also count 10 different hunters in the top 50 teams.

Deleted
    Yay, finally the survivability buffs dks need.

Wait, what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Yes and no. PvP wise, I completely agree Frost DK's need some love in the defensive compartment. In the PvE side, where this buff is pointed for, we would lag behind severely behind all other classes. If you read the complete article of GC, almost every single class is getting pretty significant buffs. So if they left DK's out we would be fucked for the rest of that patch.
    well, i don't pve, so excuse me if i say something that's incorrect in that field, my apologies (not sarcastic if it came off that way).

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    It doesn't crit for 400k in pve gear on raid bosses......
    What evs. I know wat i saw and it happened twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol already getting hit for 400k oblits on my druid which is overkill anyway. I guess more is needed?
    and this is why the game is imbalanced from little kids saying they get hit for 400k cos blizz listen to people like you the whiners who have no clue, there is noway a dk can hit you for that unless your nude in shitty green gear or worse or lying

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 01:22 AM ----------

i guess frost 2h is the yway to go in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What evs. I know wat i saw and it happened twice.
    Of course it didn't. That would be a 667k crit on something without resilience, and any DK can tell you that even if you were nude that's factually impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can accept the damage buffs, but Blizzard failing to address how badly Gorefiends Grasp has fucked RBG balance is the real problem. That they are actually making PvP about point grinding, making RBGs the way to point grind, and then failing to balance for RBGS at all is so so stupid.

If you are going to balance for Arena, then reward for Arena, but if you are going to force RBGS on your player base, then balance them.

On Second Thought that Howling Blast buff is horseshit, that faggot GC nerfed Whirlwind into the ground because he doesnt like high single target damage AOE moves, and yet he keeps buffing up Howling Blast.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I am as scared as hell of these buffs to all the damage classes. I understand the ret, rogue,hunter and ely buffs(I assume it is not assan rogue that is almost ones hotting em on the ptr?...). But why not buff enhance damage? They ain't doing the best right now.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

yea agreed, a buff in the wrong direct for sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Take another look at that article.

Practically every other class is getting a damage boost as well alongside this. DK's are really just being kept in line with everything else.
    Which is completly retarded and absolutely unneeded.

I won't be surprised if they increased base resiliance in next build. Althought knowing blizz they can simply leave everything as is and let ppls drill each other a new holes in 2-3 gcds, like it wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I'm not even mad. This just shows they dont balance the game with pvp in mind.
    I thought this much was obvious by now. It also pisses me off when we get nerfed because of pvp.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    War/DK/Pala is the 2nd most popular comp over 2.2k.

http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

I also count 10 different hunters in the top 50 teams.
    because the warrior carry the dk and in 5.2 warrior get nerf
    Last edited by Gabbynator; 2013-02-21 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which is completly retarded and absolutely unneeded.
    I agree, pvp damage and burst was already way too high to begin with. If this all goes live without a buff to base resilience to compensate things are going to be painful for the latecomers into pvp.

Just a little comparison with warrior damage to what the new frost dk damage will be.

Mortal Strike: 175% WD + 2693.
    Obliterate (motfw): 386.4% weapon damage, +25% w/ two disease [straight from the front page]

I wont even bother to mention 15% strength from their rune proc or 20% strength from PoF or the fact that killing machine will make it autocrit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Warrior
    Reduced damage of Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow by 10%.
    Yes this is a nerf in a sea of buffs, but the Bloodsurge and Arms Deep Wounds changes ended up being too much of a buff.
    Everyone got buffed, stop your stupid pointless QQ.

/thread.

Frost DKs had a huge nerf in PVE with the changes to 2T14 pieces. Most other classes also got buffed, so seems ok. Its hard to sustain the theory that this change is a PVP balance and not a PVE.

Randomly comparing random abilities and the way they scale is nonsense. obliterate vs Mortal strike or whirlwind vs howling blast... They are different abilities with different places in play styles. ie: HB is a single target ability that does AOE too... It has always been part of frost single target rotation, its kinda the filler for the extra frost runes.
    While WW is just a AOE ability like Death and Decay and Blood Boil ...They can be used in a single target rotation if they AOE damage compensates their cost in a single target fight.

DKs are middle table in both PVP and PVE, don't see how this will affect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    Frost DKs had a huge nerf in PVE with the changes to 2T14 pieces. Most other classes also got buffed, so seems ok. Its hard to sustain the theory that this change is a PVP balance and not a PVE.

Randomly comparing random abilities and the way they scale is nonsense. obliterate vs Mortal strike or whirlwind vs howling blast... They are different abilities with different places in play styles. ie: HB is a single target ability that does AOE too... It has always been part of frost single target rotation, its kinda the filler for the extra frost runes.
    While WW is just a AOE ability like Death and Decay and Blood Boil ...They can be used in a single target rotation if they AOE damage compensates their cost in a single target fight.

DKs are middle table in both PVP and PVE, don't see how this will affect
    Maybe you are a Cata player which would explain it, but WHIRLWIND used to be a part of the Warrior single target rotation, for over 6 years it did high single target damage, then along came Cataclysm and GC said that having an AOE move do large single target damage is wrong, and he nerfed it into the ground. So either high single target damage from an AOE ability is wrong and HB should be nerfed, or its ok and Whirlwind should be buffed back into what it used to be in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fking hate frost 2handler in PvP but so in love with dual weilding...crap, theyd better buff Frost Strike dual-weilding bonus damage, since it's considered PvE weapon setup for a fdk