Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NoxxusKT View Post
    Straight up false info in terms of rogues not able to do this. I main a rogue and I tank Garalon on heroic every week.
    The 50% part of feint does not work on Garalon swipes. At all. Only the 30% from Elusiveness does. This makes rogues significantly worse for tanking swipe than many other dps.

The feint does reduce the Pheromones aoe to nearly nothing, resulting in rogues taking low damage overall. We had a rogue tanking our first kills, and I seem to recall him taking the lowest overall damage of anyone in the raid.

Meanwhile people with dps budget issues don't tend to think about how the legs respawn at a fixed rate, meaning you have a finite amount of bonus damage you can do. This means you should only have your most mobile dps (eg melee, hunter, warlock, shaman) work on legs, the ones that lose no dps by moving, everyone else is just wasting overall dps if they attack legs. They should instead just stand still and focus boss down.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-02-21 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justusy View Post
    The feint does reduce the Pheromones aoe to nearly nothing, resulting in rogues taking low damage overall. We had a rogue tanking our first kills, and I seem to recall him taking the lowest overall damage of anyone in the raid.

Meanwhile people with dps budget issues don't tend to think about how the legs respawn at a fixed rate, meaning you have a finite amount of bonus damage you can do. This means you should only have your most mobile dps (eg melee, hunter, warlock, shaman) work on legs, the ones that lose no dps by moving, everyone else is just wasting overall dps if they attack legs. They should instead just stand still and focus boss down.
    We were talking about the swipe damage, which normal feint does nothing for. The pheromones are reduced by feint, no questioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    We were talking about the swipe damage, which normal feint does nothing for. The pheromones are reduced by feint, no questioning that.
    And I said they are often the lowest damage taken overall even while eating swipes, to counter someone saying a plate was better because they were more resistant to a swipe. It is possibly useful information to people trying to beat the fight, that also did not disagree with your point.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-02-21 at 10:29 AM.