Quote Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
    Thank you sir.

I am gonna upload some more pictures of the case and what not in just a few but it is pretty basic from what you see online lol.
    Why did you switch the MVE for an asrock?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Why did you switch the MVE for an asrock?
    Alot of reasons but a few is that the QVL is impossible and just way to picky. They also are having issues with the OC key I tried the forums with the memory issue for it that I had with DIMMS A2 and B2 not functioning and got no luck. Even standard ddr3 @ 1600Mhz @ 1.5v wouldn't post with X.M.P. or with changing of the memory clock settings. I even moved it to 1333 and had no luck. Took the board back swapped it out and it did ok but started acting up as well so I finally just left the MVE all together. So far this Asrock I am loving and haven't had any issues with it other then when I first got it all setup I had to disable the IGPU in the bios or the board would just non stop reboot. However that was the only problem it reads all 32GB np on X.M.P.
    | Intel 6700k | MSI Gaming z270 M7 | EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Black 4TB | 64GB DDR4 | EVGA G2 850W |

Quote Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
    Alot of reasons but a few is that the QVL is impossible and just way to picky. They also are having issues with the OC key I tried the forums with the memory issue for it that I had with DIMMS A2 and B2 not functioning and got no luck. Even standard ddr3 @ 1600Mhz @ 1.5v wouldn't post with X.M.P. or with changing of the memory clock settings. I even moved it to 1333 and had no luck. Took the board back swapped it out and it did ok but started acting up as well so I finally just left the MVE all together. So far this Asrock I am loving and haven't had any issues with it other then when I first got it all setup I had to disable the IGPU in the bios or the board would just non stop reboot. However that was the only problem it reads all 32GB np on X.M.P.
    Well I have this board as well and the OC key/rog connect thingies are just totally useless to me. Did you try to rma the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Well I have this board as well and the OC key/rog connect thingies are just totally useless to me. Did you try to rma the board?

It was quicker to just return it to my local store for a new one rather then wait for the R.M.A.... I need my machine up and running lol.
    | Intel 6700k | MSI Gaming z270 M7 | EVGA 1080 TI FTW3 | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Black 4TB | 64GB DDR4 | EVGA G2 850W |

Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core I7 920 @2,67Ghz (Can overclock without probs to 3.2Ghz)
    2 x Nvidia GTX 590
    12GB ram

4 x monitors (3 x 22'' and 1 x 47'')

CPU and Graphic cards are watercooled and i have about 2½ liters of demineralised water running through my system at all times.

I'll maybe post pictures of the setup at a later time.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

10+ Year Old Account
    3.2ghz is a very marginal overclock, considering the custom loop.
    Seeing as i struggle saturating 1x670 on a 4.2ghz i5-760, i suspect some CPU bottlenecking on that system.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    3.2ghz is a very marginal overclock, considering the custom loop.
    Seeing as i struggle saturating 1x670 on a 4.2ghz i5-760, i suspect some CPU bottlenecking on that system.
    Well, the CPU is a 920, and ive tried overclocking it further, but it wont budge.

My bottleneck is well, a combination.

I forgot to mention, but i have SSD HDD aswell, for my OS and games, although it only uses SATA2 (due to my motherboard), and my motherboard also does not support newer sockets like the LGA2011 which i would really like,

this is the problem with building a PC and then upgrading parts - bottlenecks! .

When i first built my system i had my I7 920 and 2 x GTX260's and a non-SSD hdd, which by that time, was very fast .
    - Mario Andretti

10+ Year Old Account
    3.2ghz max overclock? The board is 16+2 phases, i find that very hard to believe. Sure you're doing it right? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    3.2ghz max overclock? The board is 16+2 phases, i find that very hard to believe. Sure you're doing it right? :P
    does it really matter?

Well feel free to help me =), ihve had 2 ppl who know what they were doing try and play with it, that was what we could get it to stable, and where it wanted to boot .

Problem with CPU's is that you could have 2 x 920's and one of them would be able to overclock more than the other . Due to small imperfections in every CPU.
    - Mario Andretti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    does it really matter?
    To make use of the 590sli setup, kinda. As i said, i have a CPU from the same generation, and i struggle sometimes @ 4.2ghz.
    920 and 760 are compareable in games. Don't want to make a big deal out of it though, 3.2ghz just seems really low.

About the help, unless you live in the Netherlands i can't help you there ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post
    Well, the CPU is a 920, and ive tried overclocking it further, but it wont budge.

My bottleneck is well, a combination.

I forgot to mention, but i have SSD HDD aswell, for my OS and games, although it only uses SATA2 (due to my motherboard), and my motherboard also does not support newer sockets like the LGA2011 which i would really like,

this is the problem with building a PC and then upgrading parts - bottlenecks! .

When i first built my system i had my I7 920 and 2 x GTX260's and a non-SSD hdd, which by that time, was very fast .
    Tweak the stuff like PPL, FSB, NB.. What kinda voltages are you throwing on the vcore?

10+ Year Old Account
    To make use of the 590sli setup, kinda. As i said, i have a CPU from the same generation, and i struggle sometimes @ 4.2ghz.
    920 and 760 are compareable in games. Don't want to make a big deal out of it though, 3.2ghz just seems really low.

590s run fine on a 920, certainly not as good as they would on a hex core, but its not a huge performance drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    590s run fine on a 920, certainly not as good as they would on a hex core, but its not a huge performance drop
    What does a hex-core got to do with this, no disrespect. It's IPC speed is just lower than that of newer CPU's. Considering the amount of games that support >4core, i'd say 3.2ghz on a 920 is not always fast enough. Judging from my own experience with a i5-760.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does a hex-core got to do with this, no disrespect. It's IPC speed is just lower than that of newer CPU's. Considering the amount of games that support >4core, i'd say 3.2ghz on a 920 is not always fast enough. Judging from my own experience with a i5-760.
    the generally larger PCI bus and larger L3 cache gives more performance to SLI configurations than a quad core, but we're talking small levels of gain, 20 extra fps sounds nice until you realize that it's +20 to an already 300fps

3.2 is fine, you can gain more by going up to 4.4, but its not really a difference in playability

a bit more, here is a comparison using dual 590s

the 3960x has a much better IPC rate than the 990x, but if you look at the graphics test, the gain in framerate is very minimal, overall score is higher, but that doesn't mean that the CPU IPC is a huge factor in framerate when dealing with the 590s
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-02-21 at 06:52 PM.

Because a 920 @ 3.2GHz is working his ass off to 80-90% doesn't mean it's bottlenecking. Getting a cpu load of lets say 85% in bf3 and a gpu load of 90% is more than fine. The extra 9% difference isn't going to make the difference like day & night unless you have a card with 30000 cuda cores.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I doubt he was meaning physically help. You know, maybe he wanted your personal suggestions or a guide you would use for overclocking.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    Getting the build done took a lot longer than anticipated due to monetary issues around buying time. But I ended up getting some unused parts through a friend which made this build pretty cheap for me in the end. Needless to say, I'm proud of it.

There was no winning with the lighting, so lights out with a flash it was. Still have to add blue LED strips, fans weren't bright enough.

Specs-
    CPU- i7 - 3770k @ (OC TBA)
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z77 D3H
    GPU - 3GB Gigabyte 7970 Ghz Edition
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (8x2)
    SSD - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
    HDD - WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Case - Corsair 650D
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H80i
    PSU - Corsair AX850 (with the blue sleeved cables )
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB

Quote Originally Posted by Vynrael View Post
    Getting the build done took a lot longer than anticipated due to monetary issues around buying time. But I ended up getting some unused parts through a friend which made this build pretty cheap for me in the end. Needless to say, I'm proud of it.

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yQj3Ozll.jpg[/IMG]

There was no winning with the lighting, so lights out with a flash it was. Still have to add blue LED strips, fans weren't bright enough.

Specs-
    CPU- i7 - 3770k @ (OC TBA)
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z77 D3H
    GPU - 3GB Gigabyte 7970 Ghz Edition
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (8x2)
    SSD - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB
    HDD - WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Case - Corsair 650D
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H80i
    PSU - Corsair AX850 (with the blue sleeved cables )
    That is a nice build, why did you opt to go with the 850W over something like 650W or 760W out of the AX series?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Round Rock, Tx (US - Thrall/Skullcrusher - Horde)
    In the near future I would like to crossfire with a second one, and add a couple more HDDs. I was just to impatient to wait :P

So instead of buying a 650/750, spent the extra $20 or so to not have to upgrade further down the road.
    Main Rig:
    CPU: i7-3770k @ 4.6GHz w/ Corsiar H100i in push/pull
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    GPU: EVGA 780ti SC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 16GB (8x2)
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB w/ WD Caviar Black 2TB