Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So is it coming out March 5th or the 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    hey brah, what you whining about? Heroic raiders haven't been the target audience of this game since WotLK, patches now are getting released just about when LFR babbies get bored with tagging and afking every week of the current tier and want new RAID FINDER EPICS.
    I'm not whining, I'm responding to a question, it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    it's just a smiley, it's there to imply 'fun' because honestly 1,000 or 1% or 3% or 5% are just arbitrary lines in the sand drawn by you for whatever reasons you have...

If it's not for your progress (or even if it is...) it doesn't bother me, which is why I can't see 'sense' in it being held back from everyone while we wait for people most people don't care about to finish content most people don't care about....

Again, none of this is a dig at you (hence the smiley) I just can't see why you've drawn the line where you have.
    Pure opinion, since that's all the OP asked for.

"Wondering what people's thoughts are on the timing here"
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    I'm glad they aren't releasing content around casual guilds.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:51 AM ----------

Heroic.Is.Not.The.Standard.

How many times does this need to be said? Normal is the standard for raiding progress, heroics are for people who want more challenge. If we waited around for everyone to beat heroic before moving on, we would still be waiting for Firelands to launch.
    Never said it's the standard. Still, too few compared with other tiers. Dont'give a shit though, I have my 3 fos.

Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    So is it coming out March 5th or the 12th?
    5th/6th. There's no way in hell they're releasing a major content patch for WoW the same day they release a Starcraft game. Imagine the strain that would put on Bnet (hint: see the Diablo 3 release).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    5th/6th. There's no way in hell they're releasing a major content patch for WoW the same day they release a Starcraft game. Imagine the strain that would put on Bnet (hint: see the Diablo 3 release).
    Im still kinda concerned with the time theyll have to test stuf, 25 mans normals havent even started i feel like theyre trying to rush this for wahtever reaosn and 25 mans may get the shaft cause of that.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Im still kinda concerned with the time theyll have to test stuf, 25 mans normals havent even started i feel like theyre trying to rush this for wahtever reaosn and 25 mans may get the shaft cause of that.
    They've got two weeks until the release, plus another week for Heroic testing. It wouldn't be the first time they've run the PTR for some time after the patch released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    They've got two weeks until the release, plus another week for Heroic testing. It wouldn't be the first time they've run the PTR for some time after the patch released.
    Not to sure thatd work too well, trying to cram heroic 25 man testing together with ppl actualy raiding 25 man normals on live, I sincerely dont think they ever kept the PTR running for heroic raid testing after patch went live.

Wonder when is a good time to start saving valor. I imagine it will take time to get rep with the new factions and wont be able to upgrade post release of patch.

Well, I had barely enough time to complete Normal mode. We were statrting Heroic modes on MSV when the announcement for patch 5.2 came. It was actually more a problem on not having enough time to raid like before than anything, and having the core reformulated once due to people quiting.

I sure would like more time to work on more Heroic modes, but I can accept that requires dedication that maybe I can't put on the game anymore. Still, I think it's odd that so few guilds managed to complete even Normal modes this tier... Let alone Heroic... This may indicate a drop in interest in raiding, overall.

It sure stings a bit that I probably will not be able to raid on Heroic level anymore... This adult life keeps me away from the game... Oh well such is life...

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Wonder when is a good time to start saving valor. I imagine it will take time to get rep with the new factions and wont be able to upgrade post release of patch.
    There is valor gear available at Neutral, and supposedly it takes very little effort to reach Friendly.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Not to sure thatd work too well, trying to cram heroic 25 man testing together with ppl actualy raiding 25 man normals on live, I sincerely dont think they ever kept the PTR running for heroic raid testing after patch went live.
    I'd imagine there is a certain amount of overlap with LFR when it comes to 25 man normal. Given that they added the stacking buff for LFR wipes, I am guessing that mechanically the fights are the same as 25-man normal. LFR just uses smaller numbers. If that is the case, it would take very little time for the devs to do a balance pass on the numbers for 25N. 10H testing is almost done. They should have plenty of time before the patch release to test the 25H fights as well.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Isn't it two weeks from 5th March?
    New seasons tend to start 1 week after a major patch, but previous seasons have almost always ended with that patch.

Season 8 End corresponded with patch 4.0.1
    Season 9 Ended with launch of patch 4.2.0
    Season 10 Ended with launch of patch 4.3.0
    Season 11 Ended with launch of patch 5.0.4
    Season 12 Presumably ends with launch of patch 5.2.0

http://www.wowpedia.org/Season_1

25m Normal testing is slated to start tomorrow and Friday and supposedly there's going to be a lot of encounters tested. 25m Heroic will probably go on throughout next week, and it seems they're about done with 10m Normal and Heroic testing.

Meh, we had about 3 weeks of non raiding when i joined, due to lack of people. But atm we are 6/16hc, probably getting spirit kings this week, maybe will of the emperor too. Could have done better, but im glad we got atleast some progress (were stuck in hof for ages). Hoping to do better next tier.

Who says they can't release the patch 26th or 5th and delay PVP Gear until the season starts? And nobody here knows. Just wait for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    This patch seems so much like a WIP. I'm scared of the state things will be in if Blizzard runs out of time for urgent adjustments and testing of those adjustments. *mentally prepares self for LOADS of hotfix patches for classes and stuff*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Who says they can't release the patch 26th or 5th and delay PVP Gear until the season starts? And nobody here knows. Just wait for Blizzard.
    Coz they didn't test all bosses on PTR yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Coz they didn't test all bosses on PTR yet.
    They're nearly done, but it's true. 25m normals conclude on the 25th, though they are cramming in all 12 bosses in 3 days. I expect heroic bosses to be the same next weekend. This month would of been not possible unless they skipped 25m tests altogether.

Hope the 25m raids don't have any glaring holes from this super crunched time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have rather they put it off another month or so.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Hope the 25m raids don't have any glaring holes from this super crunched time frame.
    I'm sure they will have a couple of stupid bugs and balancing problems, but I think they will end up getting fixed before most guilds get to them. Won't be much of a problem unless you're in a very top guild.