Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Deleted
    And so I don't forget, the high elves didn't think it was a mistake to teach humans magic for almost 2k years:

Aethas stared blankly back at Rommath. "Quel'Thalas and the Kirin Tor have been allied for over two thousand years," he said. "Since we joined formally with the Horde, things have been strained, but—"

They only started thinking so when Dalaran was a ruin and Garithos, some random leader that only became leader because all other more capable leaders were dead, became leader of the Alliance forces in Lordaeron and commanded Dalaran.

Also:
    "Five years we rot here, thrown out of our homes at your behest because we refuse to suck magic from living things like vampires." Renthar began to rise from his seat, leaning across the table, truly shaking with rage. "And now you want to offer aid? After all we have been through, you come now? After what the Horde did to us in the name of that bastard human who called himself ranger? How blind do you think I am, Lor'themar? I should kill you. I should kill you and send Sylvanas your head!"

(...)

Renthar laughed, interrupting him.
    "You send us here to be ignored, inconvenient as we are, and then dare to be shocked when we suffer?

(...)

"Five years ago I threw them out of the homes they had fought for every bit as fiercely as anyone in Quel'Thalas today," he answered. "How do you think they reacted?"

So Lor'themar threw the high elves out even though they fought as hard as any blood elf for their home simply because they refused to suck magic out of living things.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-02-21 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The high elves of today are exiles, having been banished from Quel'Thalas after the return of Grand Magister Rommath from Outland. The teachings of draining arcane magic were deemed as immoral to the high elves, who opposed its use. Unwilling to lead a nation divided, the newly-named regent of Quel'Thalas, Lor'themar Theron, chose to exile the dissenters.[32]
    With the betrayal of Prince Kael'thas and the restoration of the Sunwell, Lor'themar himself, weighed down with guilt for his decision to exile the quel'dorei, has taken steps to reestablish cordial relations between the quel and sin'dorei. However, these efforts have varied in success. Aethas Sunreaver, Halduron Brightwing and Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher have also expressed an interest in mending relations between the children of Silvermoon, though to what extent appears to vary depending on the individual.
    They weren't just refusing, they were causing massive dissent. If they had simply said "no thank you", I doubt they would have been banished.

Welp Imma skedaddle out of this thread.

Remember kids, don't settle for Blood Elves with blue eyes. Make Blizzard work for your money and give you a new race!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

So Lor'themar threw the high elves out even though they fought as hard as any blood elf for their home simply because they refused to suck fel magic.
    Yes he did, though it was necessary, they were hard pressed from all sides and as he said he could not lead a divided nation and he tried to ensure its survival. With such an opposition it seemed to be impossible. A hard choice ,morally wrong but absolutely necessary, just as Jainas little purge.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    High elves won't become a playable race I doubt.

10% of the elven population survived the scourge culling, but then 10% of the survivors stayed as high elves while the rest went blood elves.

So the High Elves are practically like a 'endangered' species.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post

10% of the elven population survived the scourge culling, but then 10% of the survivors stayed as high elves while the rest went blood elves.

They certainly are endangered, that does not mean they can't become playable. The Horde and Alliance Pandaren are from a few dozen individuals at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    And so I don't forget, the high elves didn't think it was a mistake to teach humans magic for almost 2k years:
    The Quel'Thalas registry (written by then-ranger general Sylvanas, of all people) seems to imply it was quite a widespread belief among the high elves:

For millennia we have isolated ourselves from outsiders. I will be the first among us to admit that mistakes were made in the past. Humans should have never been exposed to magic. I will not deny this but I will not condemn us to this guarded existance for the blunders of our predecessors. There is much that a coexistance between the Quel'dorei and other races of this world can bring. We must practice tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The Quel'Thalas registry (written by then-ranger general Sylvanas, of all people) seems to imply it was quite a widespread belief among the high elves:
    Good old tolerant Sylvanas, interesting how undeath and a thirst for vengeance can change you ;P

Deleted
    No, just play blood elf it's the same damn thing. Global population is about 52% Alliance, 48% Horde last i checked so The Horde do not outnumber The Alliance. Their population isn't high enough either to warrant a playable race, they're the 10% of a race which had 90% of it's people massacred, and 10 years is a long time now? There'sa few High Elves about because of lore inconsistency which Blizzard are renown for.

They're also not really important to The Alliance, the fact of the matter is they are spineless blood elves, there's (supposedly) barely any of them and all of the grand "achievements" you claim they've contributed to The Alliance was infact pre-WoW and those were Silvermoon High Elves, and you may be surprised to hear that they call themselves Blood Elves now. High Elves will never be a playable race, get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They certainly are endangered, that does not mean they can't become playable. The Horde and Alliance Pandaren are from a few dozen individuals at most.
    Well, Blizzard begs to differ.

High elves Look EXACTLY like Blood Elves, and Blood elves are not a cross faction race. Sorry but no High Elves for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    No, just play blood elf it's the same damn thing. Global population is about 52% Alliance, 48% Horde last i checked so The Horde do not outnumber The Alliance. Their population isn't high enough either to warrant a playable race, they're the 10% of a race which had 90% of it's people massacred, and 10 years is a long time now? There'sa few High Elves about because of lore inconsistency which Blizzard are renown for.

They're also not really important to The Alliance, the fact of the matter is they are spineless blood elves, there's (supposedly) barely any of them and all of the grand "achievements" you claim they've contributed to The Alliance was infact pre-WoW and those were Silvermoon High Elves, and you may be surprised to hear that they call themselves Blood Elves now. High Elves will never be a playable race, get over it.
    You checked it 8 years ago that's it ?
    And it's not the fucking damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

High elves Look EXACTLY like Blood Elves, and Blood elves are not a cross faction race. Sorry but no High Elves for you.
    I don't give a damn if they become playable or not, but the argument they look the same and are too few does not cut it anymore, since the introduction of the Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post

That little sliver is still more than the Darkspear had alive after nearly being wiped out by murlocs. Population numbers are just a leaf in the wind when it comes to determining whether a race can be playable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

Horde pandas look exactly the same as alliance pandas. Also blood elves dont look EXACTLY like high elves. Even though their eyes are suppoused to revert back to blue that wont happen in wow for a while.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474#1 Look under Mark of the Legion
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Only way this will happen is if BElves go neutral. Their models are too similar to call them seperate races.

Only way BElves can go neutral is if the Alliance also has a race go neutral, to prevent outrage at Ally getting an old race while Horde gets a new one (or rage that Ally has 1 more race than horde).

No Alliance race is in a position of going neutral (well Dwarf maybe but people hate that idea).

So no.
    High Elves for Aliiance and Dark Iron for horde? Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vokey View Post
    And how do you propose this happening without wrecking existing lore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    And how do you propose this happening without wrecking existing lore?
    I have only one word to say about this.

Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I have only one word to say about this.

Eredar.
    You might as well have said "bagels", it's equally relevant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vokey View Post
    This would completely mess up Brewfest with the Dark Iron raiding their own faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You might as well have said "bagels", it's equally relevant.
    No, you talked about wrecking the lore, so i say, Eredar.
    And Illidan also.