Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Well, to be fair, all of the BH helms look like garbage. The Boba Fett ones are the only ones that I don't hide on my character. As for the IA, well... I'll hold out on judging it until I see it on any other body type.
    I don't know what is "garbage" on this set or just the helmet of it.... but it is perfectly normal that people like some and others don't which is why it is perfect to just mix what you like together and leave the rest alone.

Deleted
    Why does it look like the female Jedi Consular has a beard..? Am I the only one who see's it like that?
    Horrible gear sets, I really do think that. The lazy recolors of PvP don't make it any better either... kinda disappointed.

The only one that looks even remotely good is the black inquisitor gear, minus the headpiece.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I love it.... people complain that they only get gear via the Cartel Market... now we get new gear with the expansion and events beforehand and people dislike it for their look. Draw your design and send it to Austin.... There are several slots which look fantastic, like that underworld chest and many other pieces but who could have expected anything less from "us".
    You act like this is an isolated issue to this game or somehow should be accepted because they finally got off their ass and worked on something? This is why people don't take you seriously.

I have had a huge beef with WoW's tier sets for years. They've gotten worse and worse for almost every class. If it's not plate, it's going to look like you just crawled out of a trash can. As a Druid, I haven't been satisfied since Thunderheart, which was in TBC...many many years ago.

People shouldn't be applauding bad art just because we haven't had any new bad art for a year. Also, maybe they are afraid we will now see an entire year of this exact garbage with every color under the sun slapped on it....you know...like what we have to go on from recent history.

If you like it, great. No one is attacking you for liking it. Kinda alarming you need to precursor your expression of satisfaction by attacking someone else's disapproval.

Edit:
    The one inquisitor, red robo cat set does look pretty cool. It's the only one that looks 'natural' and not forced.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-21 at 02:13 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    the first set is sorcerer (with cobra head), second set is assassin.
    That isn't right, unless Dulfy is wrong (which Dulfy is rarely wrong). They're 2 separate tiers. Both have Force-Mystic listed and only Sorcs use Force-Mystic.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I dont know what classes you play, but these are the best looking sets the inquisitor ever had.
    and I also like most of the others, that dumb red robo skull is not on that page, dont know there that is from

I think you're overreacting, sets in this game have never been good and I see a lot of improvement here
    That "Flying Nun" SI set is terrible. I mean, seriously, what the hell does a Sith need with tubes all over? What's wrong with something understated and sleek instead of robotic looking? And just because there isn't anything better doesn't mean we should be cheering for these. Let's put it this way. Being the best girl in a $5 whorehouse is nothing to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    that looks like you were skinned alive and then molded with circuitry... actually now that i see it more its more like 3-PO during the phantom menace

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:00 PM ----------

Tell me how many secret agents do we see running around with these HUGE heavy helms on their heads HHmmmm

The Sorc helm is ok so far

the Bh outfit is nice but take the damned antenna tower off the shoulder

the Knight is a decent look

trooper helm HATE HATE HATE it absolutely HATE it not to mention the other 1 where there is a radar array up on the right side

and Psychlons BH pis looks awesome I like that 1

Deleted
    The helmets are bad, but if you remove the helmets, then most sets have good designs and colors. And shoulder-action seems to have been toned down quite considerably (look at Inquisitor sets, only 1 has some shoulder-action much less in-ya-face than in previous sets). So I think people go too far with criticism, it's the helmets that are the big problem here, not the rest

Well, now that the 'set' bonus is tied to the Armor mod, you can mix and match however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    The helmets are bad, but if you remove the helmets, then most sets have good designs and colors. And shoulder-action seems to have been toned down quite considerably (look at Inquisitor sets, only 1 has some shoulder-action much less in-ya-face than in previous sets). So I think people go too far with criticism, it's the helmets that are the big problem here, not the rest
    The problem is that we see the helm first and it's the most notable piece. Also, the shoulders on the Arkanian BH need to be toned down as well. There's just too much action going on. Looks like you're sprouting wings and are about to fly off and the antenna is stupid. I didn't see any of the Republic ones until just now, but the Partisan Smuggler cape is pretty sweet and I'm ok with the Underworld Knight set if it was a cloak instead of just an overcoat. The Underworld Trooper outfit is alright. Other than that, the satellite dish on the Trooper helm is dumb. The Underworld Smuggler outfit looks like it was ripped straight out of WW2. The Underworld Consular looks like 10 layers of clothing. The Arkanian Warrior and Underworld Consular outfits just look....well....really, really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The problem is that *snip*
    I'm going to go ahead and call it what it is. They realized that the initial gear they made wasn't 'epic' enough and now are trying to WoWify their designs. 'space skulls', ridiculously large and awkward pieces, and shit all over the place. They took the worst aspects of WoW gear design and tried to smash them in a space setting.

It looks terrible.

I understand the need for more epic and detailed gear than we had at launch or that the universe really provides for, but they need to start from scratch and try something original and sci fi constrained. They need to really think about the setting that each class would operate in lore wise and work from there. Either that or they need to base each tier on where they come from.

Definitely not: Let's slap tubes, zombie faces, sharp angles, and spy goggles on every inch of the armor....the ones that don't have that are angled cardboard with no features.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-21 at 06:39 PM.
    BAD WOLF

I think I am the only person in the world who really liked the Columi JK gear's look

Anywho I do really like the second Knight set. Scrolling through the pictures without labels that set clearly said "JK!" to me. But as I already expressed there is probably no accounting for taste in my case

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think I am the only person in the world who really liked the Columi JK gear's look

Anywho I do really like the second Knight set. Scrolling through the pictures without labels that set clearly said "JK!" to me. But as I already expressed there is probably no accounting for taste in my case
    If it was a cloak and not just an overcoat, I'd be in the same boat. The overcoat just throws the entire look off to me.

And just so people don't think I'm just bashing the game to bash it, I just resubscribed so I could get onto the PTS and check all of it out. The achievement system (see Kitty? I told you there could be a robust achievement system) has me cautiously optimistic. Also 7 boss Operation is what I've been saying they need for god knows how long. Now, add some reputations. Create some more robust endgame activities and I'll be completely sold.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-02-21 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    and spy goggles on every inch of the armor.
    ZE GOGGLES.... ZEH DO NOTHZIN

For my enjoyment of these models.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No, it's a decent set actually. It's what you would expect..unlike a lot of these. The one inquis set and that JK set look very slick and well planned. They are the only ones that I would actually want to wear.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    ZE GOGGLES.... ZEH DO NOTHZIN

For my enjoyment of these models.
    Does it have spy goggles? Yes/No proceed to...
    Does it have a gas mask? Yes/No proceed to...
    can we put bullets around your extremities? yes/no proceed to
    Are there enough tubes and doodads that make it look lke a robot? Yes/no proced to..
    etc.

Most of these for every class they just check yes and keep moving.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and call it what it is. They realized that the initial gear they made wasn't 'epic' enough and now are trying to WoWify their designs. 'space skulls', ridiculously large and awkward pieces, and shit all over the place. They took the worst aspects of WoW gear design and tried to smash them in a space setting.

It looks terrible.

I understand the need for more epic and detailed gear than we had at launch or that the universe really provides for, but they need to start from scratch and try something original and sci fi constrained. They need to really think about the setting that each class would operate in lore wise and work from there. Either that or they need to base each tier on where they come from.

Definitely not: Let's slap tubes, zombie faces, sharp angles, and spy goggles on every inch of the armor....the ones that don't have that are angled cardboard with no features.
    I agree 100%. They can add more detail to "simpler" models such as patterns or designs. Jedi Valiant gear is some of the best looking Jedi gear IMO. Sorry Arlee, I actually dislike the Columni JK gear because of the goofy shoulders and armor pieces place over the robes. The armor should go UNDER ceremonial robes. That being said, I do wear the Columni/Tionese Legs and Boots along with the new Trailblazer jacket on my Guardian. It gives a better "spacer" feel. I'm still trying to figure out what I want my tank set to look like, but I do want some Sith-Stylized armor. But I digress...

The goofy armor has got to go for sure. I'm reading the Legacy comic right now, and if they need inspiration for some of their gear then that is a great place to start. There are some bad ass outfits in there that don't look goofy. Darth Krayt probably has the most elaborate armor and he just ends up looking like Star Wars Sarevok (which is good btw).

Now, before the apologists show up, I want to make something clear.
    I understand that we don't have to use these new sets because we have moddables. But at this rate I am going to continue to use a mix of a level 16 moddable set and t1 pvp moddable for the rest of my time in swtor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It looks terrible.

Well said. The game feels too much like World of Warcraft with a Star Wars skin, without recognizing that there are some pretty fundamental differences. Making matters all the worse, is the "Black-core Lightsabers", which just look hilariously awful. Seriously, the entire concept seems like something a 12 year-old would dream up to be "dark" and "cool", and in effect, it winds up making the game look all the more amateurish.

Furthermore, the character-models are downright abysmal. It's a shame, because the actual *Faces* on characters are exceptionally detailed for an MMO, but the bodies are far too "stylized", and there isn't nearly enough customization in terms of making a character who doesn't have brown-hair. I mean, seriously; EVERY set of eyebrows are Brown! What the hell?

There are a lot of positive attributes in TOR, particularly the musical scores and the voice-acting, but the rest of the game feels marred by inconsistency and a desire to copy WoW, regardless of context. As such, like I said, it feels more like "World of Warcraft: Star Wars edition" than an actual Star Wars game.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well said. The game feels too much like World of Warcraft with a Star Wars skin, without recognizing that there are some pretty fundamental differences. Making matters all the worse, is the "Black-core Lightsabers", which just look hilariously awful. Seriously, the entire concept seems like something a 12 year-old would dream up to be "dark" and "cool", and in effect, it winds up making the game look all the more amateurish.
    George Lucas created the first black core lightsaber for the second season of The Clone Wars. This isn't something Bioware just pulled out of their ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    George Lucas created the first black core lightsaber for the second season of The Clone Wars. This isn't something Bioware just pulled out of their ass.
    Damn straight, Lucas pulled it out of his ass. =)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Damn straight, Lucas pulled it out of his ass. =)
    Just like the prequels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree 100%. They can add more detail to "simpler" models such as patterns or designs.
    They could have done a lot more simple things that give an epic feel. Having Jedi get simple metal or leather circlets that have crystals that project effects outward, around their head, or for the whole body is just one concept. Likewise the Warr/Inquis could have body armor that channels their dark force as some kind of graphic around their whole body.

Also I think the game suffers fromt he lack of 'true' HD textures. They could add lots of engraving and/or light effects in small ways into otherwise plain armor pieces to distinguish them as more than a reskin. And no, I'm talking about the Tron stuff we're seeing now. Also, more layering of simple pieces like the new Knight armor (under the robe) does wonders in this game. Just using layers of cloth/leather/metal to create something 'complicated' with a simple principle. The actual shape doesn't need to be so outrageous to achieve that concept.
    Just like the prequels.
    Pretty sure those are still in his ass. It would explain why it's such a miserable experience to watch them still. Liam and Ewan and Christopher Lee are the only saving grace in an abysmal trilogy of poop.
    BAD WOLF