Poll: Do you agree about the entering of High-Elves in the Alliance as a playable race ?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    First off, Blood Elves are the "extremist" High Elves, not the other way around.
    If you're entire Kingdom unites under another purpose and you refuse to follow suit. thats called being an Extremist and a terrorist.

The Blood Elves are the Majority, not the High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    If you're entire Kingdom unites under another purpose and you refuse to follow suit. thats called being an Extremist and a terrorist.

The Blood Elves are the Majority, not the High Elves.
    Ah so those Germans that refused to follow suit with the Third Reich were extremists and terrorists. Got ya. thanks for the clarification.

Ah so those Germans that refused to follow suit with the Third Reich were extremists and terrorists. Got ya. thanks for the clarification.
    Alright I'm a complete Alliance fan-boy, but the Blood Elves were not extremist, Kael-thas totally was, but not the Silvermoon elves who follow Theron and have joined the Horde. I would actually designate the High Elves as more the "torries" from the American Revolution... despite colonist getting treated like crap, the Torries still allied themselves with England and did not wish to break away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleastor View Post
    Alright I'm a complete Alliance fan-boy, but the Blood Elves were not extremist, Kael-thas totally was, but not the Silvermoon elves who follow Theron and have joined the Horde. I would actually designate the High Elves as more the "torries" from the American Revolution... despite colonist getting treated like crap, the Torries still allied themselves with England and did not wish to break away.
    Exactly.

Extremist was a stupid word to use to begin with, but The High elves are a breakaway of the Blood Elves, not the reverse, just because they kept the name, does not mean they are the same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleastor View Post
    Neither were extremist. High Elves are not extremist terrorists... But when someone makes a ridiculous blanket statement like "anyone who doesn't agree with the government is by definition an extremist and terrorist" need be confronted with a real world example that makes them look thick for saying such stupid rubbish.

Deleted
    Neither were extremist. High Elves are not extremist terrorists... But when someone makes a ridiculous blanket statement like "anyone who doesn't agree with the government is by definition an extremist and terrorist" need be confronted with a real world example that makes them look thick for saying such stupid rubbish.
    When Outsing the Sunreavers, Jaina wanted to do it Peacefully.

The Silver Covenant started killing and brutalising the Blood Elves. Sounds like Extremist and Terrorist Actions to me.

When Outsing the Sunreavers, Jaina wanted to do it Peacefully.

The Silver Covenant started killing and brutalising the Blood Elves. Sounds like Extremist and Terrorist Actions to me.
    What does this have to do with the initial schism? You are talking about two events separated by a decade You argued the Quel'dorei were kicked out of Quel'thalas for being extremists and terrorists... Extremist for not wanting to take part in extreme survival rituals? Terrorists for working against Kael'thas?

Deleted
    What does this have to do with the initial schism? You are talking about two events separated by a decade You argued the Quel'dorei were kicked out of Quel'thalas for being extremists and terrorists... Extremist for not wanting to take part in extreme survival rituals? Terrorists for working against Kael'thas?
    Kael'thas was the Sun King at the time, so yes, acts of Terrorism.

What they did being good or bad does not matter at the time, they were the minority and to the majority they were wrong and extreme. What I did is use a modern example of how Extreme they have become.

Kael'thas was the Sun King at the time, so yes, acts of Terrorism.
    But then Lady Liandrin also turned against Kael not long afterwards. Was she (and the Scryers) terrorists too?

Deleted
    But then Lady Liandrin also turned against Kael not long afterwards. Was she (and the Scryers) terrorists too?
    Yes, Until Lorth became the true leader and his regime took over.

Terrorist and freedom fighter are the same thing.

Also, Lady Liandrin was not part of the scryers, she only turned against Kael when he stole Mu'ru.

Yes, Until Lorth became the true leader and his regime took over.

Terrorist and freedom fighter are the same thing.

Also, Lady Liandrin was not part of the scryers, she only turned against Kael when he stole Mu'ru.
    I disagree entirely with the statement in bold, all in game examples aside.

Deleted
    Gonna go with a No. I'm not into elves at all, and it seems that enough is enough. Both parties have elves so let's just stop there. New races are much more exciting, even moreso with the Alliance, knowing their habbit of coming up with races no one expects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    Gonna go with a No. I'm not into elves at all, and it seems that enough is enough. Both parties have elves so let's just stop there. New races are much more exciting, even moreso with the Alliance, knowing their habbit of coming up with races no one expects.
    Which new races are more exciting ?
    High-elf is the last possibility for Alliance playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's this notion of High Elves being terrorists coming from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Exactly what I'm talking about. Have you ever considered the possibility of draenei or worgen joining the Alliance before being announced?

And how do you propose this happening without wrecking existing lore?
    Blizzard could probably do something with Moira Thaurissian and her followers. All she seems to want is to reclaim Ironforge with little allegiance to the Alliance and therefore she might seek the aid of the Forsaken or something like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    Exactly what I'm talking about. Have you ever considered the possibility of draenei or worgen joining the Alliance before being announced?
    Yes. Especially for Worgens, everyone could know that peoples of Gilneas would join the Alliance when the door would be opened.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-21 at 10:44 PM.

I don't think the alliance-horde balance is out of whack because elf players are horde, it's because horde racials are superior in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Furbolgs say hi. Oh yea, and now, the Jinyu.

OT: Id only accept High Elves as a "new skin"/"sub race". I think the Revantusk Trolls (buff trolls) would be perfect for their Horde counterpart...see The Hinterlands.

Nah. We'd only get a reskin, and even if they did update the model, it doesn't fit in lore-wise.