Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Although the buff to shadowform is nice, its still not enough. Demonology got buffed by roughly 11% and destruction by 6% (my quick napkin math based on smcraft numbers in t14hc and inc. previous nerf to grimoire of sacrifice). And those were the specs already ahead of shadow.

What worries me is that this buff to sform is only a bone thrown to the crowd and in the long run shadow will still remain at the bottom, which saddens me deeply.

Ps. All this hybrid tax arguments look pretty silly. Look at frost dks, ww monks or enh shamans dps.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Although the buff to shadowform is nice, its still not enough. Demonology got buffed by roughly 11% and destruction by 6% (my quick napkin math based on smcraft numbers in t14hc and inc. previous nerf to grimoire of sacrifice). And those were the specs already ahead of shadow.

What worries me is that this buff to sform is only a bone thrown to the crowd and in the long run shadow will still remain at the bottom, which saddens me deeply.

Ps. All this hybrid tax arguments look pretty silly. Look at frost dks, ww monks or enh shamans dps.
    We are 11% behind the bar on single target dps as has been documented a number times. 5% is less than half that. The up and down changes to DP did nothin to boosts its damage , our resource was not fixed , our scaling was not fixed. Basically they nerfed the hell out of all survivability CD's. in my opinion made FDCL shit by taking the glyph of the equation, made insanity lack luster, and gave a mediocre buff to PI and Mind Blast.

Now while the 5% increase will help tone down the grumbling for the length of 5.2, this is still going to leave us near the bottom of barrel if not still at the bottom of the barrel. Every class that was underwhelming got buffs, and the "OP" specs got minor nerfs.

Props to Yvaelle for seeing this coming from the first announce on this patch. Just makes me sad that instead of actually taking the time to implement this patch correctly and test all the raid content they are just shoving it out half done to say they have new content out, and are not fixing the problems with certain classes and specs correctly for the long term and just putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    Can someone explain to me this statement?
    Rapture isn't supposed to be a mana generation tool.
    I mean, come on. They kept on buffing it, making it generate more mana each iteration (obviously wanting it to BE a mana generation tool since they kept on buffing when it already generated more mana than PW:S costs).
    Why do they always change things for a very clear reason and then say "oh, sorry, that's not what we intended, you need a nerf now" afterwards?
    Disc is so op because they themselves kept buffing the specc throughout the whole tier over and over and over. I can't even imagine what you have to be thinking to not see that better rapture = more mana...

It's easy to see the design principle behind Rapture.

PW: Shield is horribly expensive.
    But with Rapture, it turns into a really cheap spell.
    So if you cast it often, PWS is expensive.
    If you cast it occasionally, it's not expensive at all.

The problems started when you align regen procs to rapture. Suddenly, you have a net positive income of mana, and rapture went from being a "don't cast PWS too often"-mechanic into a "quick regen tool" mechanic. I'm still struggling a bit with mana as holy, and the same goes for all guilds other healers. We all run OOM when the raid mess up badly. But disc? Not so much, if they abuse this. I at least crave balance.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It's easy to see the design principle behind Rapture.

PW: Shield is horribly expensive.
    But with Rapture, it turns into a really cheap spell.
    So if you cast it often, PWS is expensive.
    If you cast it occasionally, it's not expensive at all.

The problems started when you align regen procs to rapture. Suddenly, you have a net positive income of mana, and rapture went from being a "don't cast PWS too often"-mechanic into a "quick regen tool" mechanic. I'm still struggling a bit with mana as holy, and the same goes for all guilds other healers. We all run OOM when the raid mess up badly. But disc? Not so much, if they abuse this. I at least crave balance.
    Soooo...

Rapture mana returns = exact spell cost of PW:S?

I mean, it's not rocket science.

You'd think so. I would agree.
    Why should rapture scale with stats at all? Why not a constant return? You'd avoid the age-old headache of having too little mana at the beginning of an expansion and too much at the end. You'd avoid having to rebalance it every patch. You'd avoid all the pain. So why not?

This question is all cleverly dodged in this exchange.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...61382237487106
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Not so much cleverness, as genuine ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I don't think those are the numbers I have, but yes even if they would get ~50% more from each stat we'd be just fine if they increased the scaling damage of all our spells by 50%:P. Suggesting that a guy who has absolutely no clue about how our class works (GC) changes our rotation might just end in a complete mess.
    Those were roughly the number last time I looked. It's just the fact that our secondary stats doing do anything fun/extra other than their purpose, ie crit effectively doubling the spells dmg. If they added haste scaling with MBs cd, crit giving something like after your mf crits your Mind blast cd is reduced by 1 second or after you crit with mf you gain a buff stacking up to 3 making your dots or MB hit harder, or mastery working just like DRT(doubling all spells). Something along the lines of this, these are just random examples but, anything like that where our secondary stats did something extra would greatly increase their value.
    Last edited by Drye; 2013-02-21 at 03:19 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    No priest would use Symbiosis Tranquility; the Shadow tranq heals less than spamming flash heal for the same amount of time. While we're on the topic though, both mages and warlocks can get a single-target heal that heals as much as a Shadow flash heal, but without the extra global to get back into shadow form.
    It's even worse than that - symb tranq is less healing than a single cascade or well positioned halo. Our amazing symbiosis ability outhealed by a single gcd ability.

Why should rapture scale with stats at all? Why not a constant return? You'd avoid the age-old headache of having too little mana at the beginning of an expansion and too much at the end. You'd avoid having to rebalance it every patch. You'd avoid all the pain. So why not?

I can assure you, that's not cleverness

Rapture needs some kind of scaling because PW:S is just not a very good spell (which is why no one casts it), so if they want people to actually cast it as gear improves there needs to be some increasing benefit. Alternatively, they could just make PW:S scale better... (5.2 doesn't really help in this regard)

Does it really need scaling?
    Why not a decent fixed cost reduction? If you can cast a half-cost PWS every 12 sec, that's not a bad deal. Why does it have to be 15% off in patch 5.0 gear, 50% off in patch 5.1, 75% off in patch 5.2 and 95% off in patch 5.3? (very hypotetical numbers). Why not settle for a flat 50% cost reduction regardless of gear levels, thus getting a decent cost reduction when mana is tight and a less important cost reduction when you don't really need to conserve the mana anymore?

Disc gets mana scaling from Meditation like everyone else. It's when they have to rebalance effects like Rapture every patch things get wonky. At least that's my opinion.

- Power Infusion – we are lowering the +10% damage buff to +5%. Our goal here was noble to make Power Infusion more attractive to Shadow, but we’re worried about making the talent too powerful in PvP. Many PvP players had concerns about the buffed version of Power Infusion.

- Priest – we also reverted the 20% buff to Mind Blast. This buff had also become a big PvP damage burst concern. It has a pretty small effect on PvE damage overall, but we will buff something if needed. The buff to Shadowform remains.
    Oh how I lol'd

Update:

"Power Infusion – we are lowering the +10% damage buff to +5%."
    "we also reverted the 20% buff to Mind Blast. This buff had also become a big PvP damage burst concern. It has a pretty small effect on PvE damage overall, but we will buff something if needed. The buff to Shadowform remains."

I'm not surprised this happened at all

since they have to balance dps around legendarys and trinkets.

Deleted
    Right because we are SO good with all of these. I can't believe they leave locks pretty much untouched and we get hit because of something as fucking lame as pvp. If the spell is so damn annoying, why can't they just do a pvp tweak like some other spell...

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Right because we are SO good with all of these. I can't believe they leave locks pretty much untouched and we get hit because of something as fucking lame as pvp. If the spell is so damn annoying, why can't they just do a pvp tweak like some other spell...
    It was sarcasm

But they refuse to seperate pvp and pve unless it's a last resort and if you ask them why they say "we do, we did it for X ability" even though that ability is the only one of the 2 they did it for, both are warrior ability's. They say it breaks the immersion or some bull crap.

I am convinced blizz has no idea what they want the priest class to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Soooo...

Rapture mana returns = exact spell cost of PW:S?

I mean, it's not rocket science.
    But then you still have the problem of people only casting PWS when Rapture is off cooldown. They've said multiple times that they want more PWS and less PoH in 5.2, and Rapture giving back more than the cost of PWS affords you the extra mana to cast it more often than you would otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted
    This starts to get pathetic. Lets kick the lying guy.
    We can forget about PVE buffs at all as it currently is, becuase each time it will be zomg pvp.

- Extra orb on mind blast crit - sorry too much burst
    - DPS CD - sorry too much burst
    - etc.