Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So where will 5.3 take place?

What the title says. 5.1 was integrated nicely into Krasarang Wilds (unless you're a local Saurok not happy with the visitors). 5.2 has its own new island. But where will 5.3 happen? I guess the almost-destroyed Zandalari homeland is a possibility, but it seems your effort in 5.2 pretty much closes the final chapter of the Zandalari.

If the Sha of Narrative Convenience is finally revealed in 5.3, I guess they could build a new area/modify another part of Pandaria to deal with it. But I tend to think that if 5.4 is the Siege of Orgrimmar, then 5.3 is going to be leading into that.

So ... Kul Tiras? I don't know, just curious what everyone is thinking.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm thinking it will be on pandaria. I'm guessing either Kun'lai, Valley of the Four Winds, or the Vale will see some action.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.3 will revolve around the Warrior and Rogue trainers in Orgrimmar and Stormwind, as the patch will feature classic Blizzard balancing, reversing the "to the ground" 5.2 war nerfs and the "to god mode" 5.2 Rogue buffs and causing a lot of class frustration and confusion among the FOTM rerolling set as to what Melee Class Blizzard wants you to play, which will then lead into 5.4, The "Just Roll Mage Already" Patch.

Org! is the answer. Prepping for the invasion. Death to the Warchief!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Org! is the answer. Prepping for the invasion. Death to the Warchief!
    I considered that ... but there doesn't seem to be anything in 5.2 that suggests that the Alliance will be invading Durotar or seiging Orgrimmar at the start of 5.3. That's why I'm wondering if Kul Tiras may end up being the answer: Garrosh makes a move, Jaina counters, and the decision is made at the end to siege Garrosh. Of course, that ends up sounding exactly like the questing in 5.2, just a different island.

EDIT: Perhaps ... there's two answers: Kul Tiras and Zandalari Island, with Jaina opposing Garrosh on the former and Vol'jin (revealed) opposing Garrosh on the latter.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-02-21 at 09:46 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dokhidamo's Midseason Patch Prediction.

5.0 - Done
    5.1 - Done
    5.2 - March 5th

5.3 - With the death of Lei Shen, the final pre-known threat to Pandaria is defeated. Emboldened by their newfound weapons, the Horde and Alliance march deeper into Pandaria. Bringing their war to the footsteps of the ancient Imperial seat, the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    *New dailies centered around the Vale and each side battling for control of the magical waters within.
    *Defense of the Alehouse, new 10-man DOTA-style BG, added.

5.4 - Fueled by the warfare that grips the Vale, and freed from its prison by the death of Ra-den, the Sha of Hubris is unleashed deep beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    *Tier 16 added. Located beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, players face off against Y'shaarj's greatest servants climaxing in the defeat of the final Sha.
    *At the end of the raid, Garrosh will attempt to control the weakened Sha only to be corrupted instead. Setting the stage for deposing him in Siege of Orgrimmar

5.5 - New 5-mans related to Siege of Orgrimmar added.

5.6 - Siege of Orgrimmar.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I feel that 5.3 will heavily focus on Garrosh again, in order to make him look a lot more like a villain. And to give us more reasons to kill him in 5.4.

With Sylvanas having a minor appearance in Siege of Orgrimmar, I'd say that the forsaken also get some more story development in 5.3. The only faction leaders left to hate on Garrosh are Baine and Gallywix, who may appear aswell.

jade forest - sha of doubt
    krasarang - sha of despair
    dreadwastes - sha of fear
    kun'lai - sha of anger/violence
    townlong - sha of hatred

i think that leaves valley of the four winds for our mysterious 7th sha, but who knows? its hard to imagine a place where this would fit into the current geography... maybe up in the mountains to the north of zone.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

5.0 - Done
    5.1 - Done
    5.2 - March 5th

5.3 - With the death of Lei Shen, the final pre-known threat to Pandaria is defeated. Emboldened by their newfound weapons, the Horde and Alliance march deeper into Pandaria. Bringing their war to the footsteps of the ancient Imperial seat, the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    *New dailies centered around the Vale and each side battling for control of the magical waters within.

5.4 - Fueled by the warfare that grips the Vale, and freed from its prison by the death of Ra-den, the Sha of Hubris is unleashed deep beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    *Tier 16 added. Located beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, players face off against Y'shaarj's greatest servants climaxing in the defeat of the final Sha.
    *At the end of the raid, Garrosh will attempt to control the weakened Sha only to be corrupted instead. Setting the stage for deposing him in Siege of Orgrimmar

edit: this actually makes sense to me. although i imagine the new 5 mans coming with 5.6 and not as a separate patch

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I considered that ... but there doesn't seem to be anything in 5.2 that suggests that the Alliance will be invading Durotar or seiging Orgrimmar at the start of 5.3. That's why I'm wondering if Kul Tiras may end up being the answer: Garrosh makes a move, Jaina counters, and the decision is made at the end to siege Garrosh. Of course, that ends up sounding exactly like the questing in 5.2, just a different island.

EDIT: Perhaps ... there's two answers: Kul Tiras and Zandalari Island, with Jaina opposing Garrosh on the former and Vol'jin (revealed) opposing Garrosh on the latter.
    IMO we're all forgetting three major players in this.

Lorewalker Cho - He's said before that the answer to all questions lie in the past. Well we all know Garrosh's Daddy's story. Beyond that, Cho was walking the path of Shao Hao in an attempt to learn how to defeat the Sha once and for all. I don't think we've seen the last of this guy and his investigation into the Sha.

Wrathion - I just did the opening quest of Chapter I today. Two major things stood out to me. He's implying that what happened in Theramore is not as bad as what is even now in the works, and clearly shows there's worse yet coming after that. Of course we know he's referring to the Legion when he blows up Azeroth. But what is right now happening on Azeroth? The Sha, the Mogu, and Garrosh. Could one of them be a great threat as well?
    In addition, he says we must be prepared for the coming conflict. Well I know one thing, a legendary never lives beyond the expansion it's added in. So he's not preparing us for next expansion with a legendary, he's preparing us for this one.

Lei Shen - The guy's a freaking badass. He beat a titan watcher that it takes 10/25 of our best to defeat. He did it solo. There is no way Garrosh can compare to this guy as-is. Something happens to Garrosh between 5.2 and SoO. And that something I doubt can be explained as "he went to war with Kul'tiras."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Probably in Kalimdor, but if not, in a heavily horde focused area in Pandaria, and the dailies will be like.. "KILL X AMOUNT OF GARROSH'S MEN" or "QUESTION X AMOUNT OF GARROSH'S MEN FOR INFO" or "BLOW UP X OF GARROSH'S SUPPLY CRATES", it'll probably be all about preparing for the battle/gathering intelligence. Which makes me curious how they'll like... if it is like that, how will it work with two opposing factions? I don't see how that'd make much sense.

10+ Year Old Account

5.0 - Done
    5.1 - Done
    5.2 - March 5th

Oh to have the optimism to believe Blizzard would do 4 tiers in a post Wotlk world.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

I don't think the Alliance will even be setting foot on Durotar as a spring board into the siege or anything like that. It'll probably be something along the lines of Darkspear ships appear in SW harbour again and you talk to a portal mage to get beamed into Orgrimmar and join the Horde's rebellion. Garrosh sees Alliance forces with the other Horde races, and calls them all traitors, cowards blah blah, battle through Orgrimmar, defeat/kill Garrosh Alliance goes home. And we should be fist pumping for a long time to come after that.

10+ Year Old Account

5.0 - Done
    5.1 - Done
    5.2 - March 5th

Pretty cool predictions, one detail though, Ra-Den doesnt seem to die acourding to the sound files he surrenders, no one knows 100% for sure, but that is what the voice files kinda state. Other than that, I do too expect another abomination from Y'shaarj at some point, be it before or after Garrosh.

Deleted
    With the decease of the Thunder King, the end of the Mogu's tyrannical rule and the failed attempt to take over Pandaria by the Zandalari Trolls, the Sunreavers and the Kirin Tor move back to their faction's main foothold to the south, in Krasarang Wilds. Here, Lor'Themar Theron secretly moves to take Garrosh out while he is blinded by his growing bloodlust. Meanwhile, Jaina Proudmoore makes King Varian aware of the recent happenings on the Isle of Thunder. Having made a secret deal with Lor'Themar untill Garrosh's defeat, they work together in the shades, planning the perfect trap to make Garrosh vulnerable by dismissing the Kor'Kron. After the recent events of the novel Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde, the troll chieftain calls upon aid from his allies, in this case Baine Bloodhoof and Chen Stormstout, to create their own plan of taking out Garrosh.
    In the shadows, Wrathion is concerned about the arrival of the Burning Legion coming in closer and closer, seeking aid from his champions who have bravely fought Lei Shen. He needs them to make a move with him to forever settle this conflict, but his ways of doing so might be, shocking...
    Although a neutral faction, after the defeat of Lei Shen, the Shado-Pan are now focussed on stopping this war before an evil terror might re-awaken..
    However, the recent arrival of Sylvanas Windrunner and her Forsaken, might ruin the plans of many.. although not intended.

The respective dailies will start at Domination Point/Lion's Landing, but they will eventually move inland, mainly towards the Vale, there will also be quests in various capitals. However, the Vale is sacred, and the Shado-Pan will do whatever it takes to protect one of the last sacred places for their people, even if they again have to partner with both Sunreavers and Kirin Tor.

Wrathion is willing to go as far as to make you assassinate any who intervere into the end of this war, either a good or bad ending. even Garrosh or Vol'Jin might be a target.

Garrosh will do something bad like nuking Shrine of Seven Stars, but this time you are prepared. This is where they Shado-Pan move in.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2013-02-21 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    jade forest - sha of doubt
    krasarang - sha of despair
    dreadwastes - sha of fear
    kun'lai - sha of anger/violence
    townlong - sha of hatred

i think that leaves valley of the four winds for our mysterious 7th sha, but who knows? its hard to imagine a place where this would fit into the current geography... maybe up in the mountains to the north of zone.[COLOR="red"]
    got the vale also

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    got the vale also
    Vale doesn't have a Sha in it, Sha of Fear was defeated before he could corrupt the Waters

I would not be surprised if it takes place in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms or Kun Lai Summit.

However, I am hoping it takes place in Kun Lai, and we find an area to delve into the depths of Pandaria.

There's something down there we need to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Hopefully in Xoroth

I am 110% convinced there isn't a Seventh Sha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Vale doesn't have a Sha in it, Sha of Fear was defeated before he could corrupt the Waters
    but he actually wasn't there, right, he was in dread wastes corrupting the queen, then we killed the queen and he fled her body, to the vale?

They have to have some sort of setup to the SoO, I'm thinking more 5.1 questline style things where the warchief makes his alliance mad at him.