Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    35% Shadowform maybe? ^^

More likely is 30%, but who knows!

30% Shadowform + Haste scaling the GCD of MB - would be my favourite option! Pretty much no impact on pvp - good impact on pve.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It' really really sad, I liked the MB buff because it made DI relevent on single target fights, now ToF is really close if not the best single target wise (and obviously the best when there is something that dies other than the boss...)

Well I still hope we get something now that the reverted buff would put back low enough to be a buff candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    35% Shadowform maybe?
    They can't buff shadowform, as it will also impact Mindblast. Combine it with DPs initial hit and SW:Smiley and you're good to go.

What imo should be done:
    - MB haste scaling
    - VT crits now can proc ShA, ShA do more damage
    - Change DP once again to heavy DoT damage

Well - i also said it during Beta that tuning PvE damage for Shadowpriests will be a very difficult job without mechanic changes. DP and Mindblast are already hard hitting, and multi-dotting is still good.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2013-02-21 at 09:47 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    35% Shadowform maybe? ^^

More likely is 30%, but who knows!

30% Shadowform + Haste scaling the GCD of MB - would be my favourite option! Pretty much no impact on pvp - good impact on pve.
    My impression was they tacked on an extra 5% to shadowform was because they were trying to tone shadow healing down. Making the penalty for dropping shadowform higher. Adding something to shadowform, under my assumption, would follow that route.

Or they could just buff the heck out of us and then say "but shadow priests can't participate in pvp anymore" and everything would be fixed I kid I kid

But seriously I don't at all understand why Haste scaling the GCD of MB is something they seem unwilling to do. It confounds me

Deleted

^this and i will be happy, maybe +5/10/15% dmg for sw;p and vt too or some buffs for mastery

Sooooooooo Tier5 talent goes back to ToF. Greattttttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    But seriously I don't at all understand why Haste scaling the GCD of MB is something they seem unwilling to do. It confounds me
    IIRC when they had it briefly in MoP Beta it caused for rotations to be wildly unpredictable, causing gameplay enjoyment to suffer.

With that being said, I'd love it if they implemented some form of it.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    But then you still have the problem of people only casting PWS when Rapture is off cooldown. They've said multiple times that they want more PWS and less PoH in 5.2, and Rapture giving back more than the cost of PWS affords you the extra mana to cast it more often than you would otherwise.
    Which would still not make us cast it more often on itself, since we aren't bound to spend the mana gained by rapture on PWS.
    Back when PWS was spammed a lot against the LK it was proposed to make PWS a strong, cheap spell but with a stacking manacost debuff like Arcan Blast has to prevent mindless spamming without totally preventing a few back to back casts once in a while for emergencies.
    Maybe that could be interesting again nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    ^this and i will be happy, maybe +5/10/15% dmg for sw;p and vt too or some buffs for mastery
    Priest DoTs scale very well, with the exception of DP, which scales poorly. Interestingly enough, they changed it to scale better early on on PTR, but reverted it because it was too much of a "nerf" in pvp. Then, the buffed MB but reverted THAT too, because it was too strong in PvP.

Dartboard balancing + Incompetent devs = broken class, and broken PvP in 5.2 (and I'm not even kidding, you couldn't even stay alive with Battle Fatigue broken on the PTR. That's how bad it is.)

Deleted
    I'm a touch confused why they reverted the PI change because PvP burst is too high yet they reverted the DP change because pvp burst was nerfed too much?
    Why not go back to the buffed PI and remove the front loaded DP? Still stays a buff for PvE (which they've stated they want to do) and PvP burst changes to power infusion rather than the front loaded DP.

As for other scaling issues, I always liked having MF crits reduce the CD on sfiend.
    Haste lowering the CD of MB would certainly be welcome too - I'm not sure why they think this would make the rotation unpredictable. I don't recall hearing any bad feedback about it from beta.
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2013-02-21 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Why not go back to the buffed PI and remove the front loaded DP? Still stays a buff for PvE .
    Your logic, and possible competence, is not welcome here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    IIRC when they had it briefly in MoP Beta it caused for rotations to be wildly unpredictable, causing gameplay enjoyment to suffer.

With that being said, I'd love it if they implemented some form of it.
    There isn't really a rotation though, especcially with all our procs going off - since it's about priorities and MB is high on the priorities - I don't see how having more of it would cause suffering. I didn't get to experience it in that beta stage though - so maybe it was bad, but I can't see how.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    They can't buff shadowform, as it will also impact Mindblast. Combine it with DPs initial hit and SW:Smiley and you're good to go.

What imo should be done:
    - MB haste scaling
    - VT crits now can proc ShA, ShA do more damage
    - Change DP once again to heavy DoT damage

Well - i also said it during Beta that tuning PvE damage for Shadowpriests will be a very difficult job without mechanic changes. DP and Mindblast are already hard hitting, and multi-dotting is still good.
    I'd be totally down for all of this as well ya

Deleted
    Well, buffing mind blast (our most important burst ability in pvp) was a completely retarded way to buff our pve dps in the first place. The DP change was really solid and should've stayed. Add this change again (helps our mastery and DP scaling) and increase shadowform by another 5% and we're in a decent (not perfect) place. Mb haste scaling would certainly solve some issues as well but I'm really questioning GC's ability to make any significant changes to a spec without screwing it up.

@ the guy who said blizzard stated they wont make pvp/pve spell differences because it ruins the immersion:

I ruins my immersion when i feel like the krillin of my raid group because the class i love is just poorly balanced.

I dont see why a spell cant say "does X dmg on a target. Deals X% less to players"

Doesn't ruin the immersion for me. If asked how it does less damage, say that players characters develop an endurance to spells as they level up.

This way, pvp and pve players can play the exact same class without pissing in eachothers cereal.

Trying to balance two different classes around the same ideas is almost impossible...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

give me a reason to get out of ToF

Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    I agree with Yvaelle that when played right Shadow can now pull it's weight.

But i'm really worriend about our dps on the move, now (5.1) we can spam SWP and even if it's weak it's still something to do and works in most cases.
    But in 5.2 our mobility took a hit with the nerf of the glyph of minde spike, furthermore when you got a good snapshot on your SWP(be it crit trinket or legendary metagem), it will really hurt us to refresh it, and i'm afraid that in some cases we will not even cast anything when moving to keep our snapshot intact.

I'm also worried is the state of an "average" Shadow priest who will probably not even think of refreshing his dots (or do it wrong), will probably be close to dead last.
    the catch22 to what Yvaelle said is that you need all the end content gear to be effect dps, that in itself is a gigantic problem and means shadows balancing is completely out of wack.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

This game is really becoming a clusterfuck in regards to patches. I follow mage and priest changes pretty closely and with the way they keep proposing changes then swinging in the other direction, it seems that Blizzard is listening way to much to the thousands of conflicting opinions on how to balance their game. Sure Blizzard might not know what the hell they are doing if left to their own devices but at least there would be a consistent line of reasoning.

That being said, I wish someone with a voice on twitter or the official forums would get across the point that combining the two changes they have reverted (mb +20% and dp with no up front damage) would work out fairly nicely for both pvp and pve. It would bring us up a little bit AND help out our scaling which is sorely needed, all while actually reducing burst damage in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    To lighten the mood a bit, I have found a mount we should all petition to make the new Priest Class mount imo

Personally, I still don't think we really need the MB haste scaling. I'm more in favor of the spreading of DP and let that be the haste scaling. Just spreading out the damage over time, makes haste breakpoints pretty considerable, which gives it scaling with haste. The relatively consistent nature of MB's cooldown, gives the spec evolution with haste. Adding the haste scaling for the cooldown, just makes the rotation exactly the same but sped up as you gain haste. Yes, its personal opinion in that sense.

With PI they can just drop the 5% damage increase, and just make PI increase melee haste as well. This way, Mindbender and Shadowfiend also benefit from it. Or just make the two use casting haste.