Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, GC writes about MWs in the 'DPS tuning' section ... hopeless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyjaljerk View Post
    Well, GC writes about MWs in the 'DPS tuning' section ... hopeless.
    Yeah...I have no clue on why he does this...hes hopeless...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-21 at 11:49 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    I'm more concerned with the fact that we are going to spending much more time soothing to generate the chi we won't be getting from jabbing which leads to having to deal with 7 minutes of vertigo inducing camera angle turning.
    write in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Accountname config-cache

SET cameraSmoothTrackingStyle "0"

Quote Originally Posted by futter View Post
    write in World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Accountname config-cache

SET cameraSmoothTrackingStyle "0"
    Edit: I dun goofed, this works. Just make sure your client is closed at the time as it will revert the addition if it was open when you edit the config file. This disables the effect of the camera following channeled targets.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2013-02-22 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    You probably did something wrong...

Just run this macro ingame(or paste it into regular chat)
    /run SetCVar("cameraSmoothTrackingStyle", "0")

I used this since beta, the channels still turn your character tho.

Deleted
    Just write this InGame:
    /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0
    To determine what your current TrackingStyle is (in case you want to reset it):
    /dump GetCVar("cameraSmoothTrackingStyle")

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Just write this InGame:

To determine what your current TrackingStyle is (in case you want to reset it):
    Good stuff guys, thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    -Some random normal mode monk on the PTR thread.

Aight who are ya, don't encourage greg please!!
    LOL Sorry >.> Don't beat me!

Deleted
    Soothing Mist to generate chi more consistently (to avoid long stretches of bad luck) and increased its generation rate overall.
    As i see it, they'll still keep the rng component ( increase the generation overal) AND add a fix component every x tick ( consistently )

I'd see the up like: 35% chance to generate chi per tick ( instead of 30 %) AND always generate a tick every 3 ticks

But i'm afraid this kind of chi generation ( 1 chi every x tick) brings some abuses like stopping the channeling just after the tick and channel a new one, to avoid the gap time beetween 2 ticks. It's already something doable on live, but not very funny to do

I would prefer something like : each Soothing tick got 33% chance to generate a chi . Next tick gains 33% chance to generate a chi, up to 99%, untill you generate a chi. "

However, i still think there's more job to do with our class

1) up the tier 30 talents, by, at least 50%. Talents should not be so bad and almost useless

2) for FW : we probably should have the possibility to make uplift SOMETIMES. Not always as we do now on live, i agree, but sometimes.

I'd see some new passive stacking buff given by jab, making an uplift totally free every 10 jab, or something like this.
    Something balanced, not OP, but leting FW use some uplift, sometimes

3) The most important imo, MW needs a new chi dumper. All our classes turns around CHI and however we more or less use 1 spell to use it.

We could have some sort of Surging mist costing chi instead of mana, or some aoe heal which does not depend on RenM ( but should ofc heal less than uplift, to keep our gameplay ) ( like something healing the 5 most injured people of the raid who DOES NOT have RenM, to keep our great synergy around RenM )

4) raid utility : why bring a monk when a chaman with same hps gives bloodlust, stormlash, 3 to 4 cd heal, mana tide ?
    Bring the player not the class is something that DOES NOT exist for healer. Just face it ( Disci and the Spirit shell that allow people to totally ignore some boss mecanisme ) , Tayak or other bleeding boss and pala BOP , Horridon and the Revival mass poison dispell )

Zen meditation could probably gain some regen mana ( hymn of hope like) component, of damage raid reduction, or something else.
    But that could be a simple change that could help monks in 3 specs to have some more justification in raid

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...61?page=43#859

This is my post about monks to bliz.

I tried to be asleast insulting as I could, at one point I had a few hells, damns, dumbasses and etc.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-22 at 04:22 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Jab now costs 8% of Base Mana, up from 6%.
    Mistweaver
    Muscle Memory now restores 4% mana, up from 2%.

Come on, that is not we need!

Jab now costs 100% of Base Mana
    Muscle Memory now restores 99% mana.

Go go go!

They don't want us to jabx2/uplift, which is a lot of the reason I like the class (a lot more fun than a cast time, coming from playing a rogue or ARPG's) as well as complexity of weaving in buffs/managing CD spells optimally while ALSO doing what every other healer does: consider which spells to use when/triage/etc.

Except in 5.2 they're removing pretty much all buff weaving, significantly reducing our spell choice, and destroying jabx2/uplift.

All in all, I don't like where the class is heading.

That said, with 5.2 so close and my MW in near BiS and none of my others close, it's still going to be my class for next tier progression. Based on the testing I've had on PTR (ReM w/ 2pc is ridiculous), I was still well above most other healers with little experience on the fights (my healing tends to increase significantly more than other healers as I learn the fight, due to TFT/chi brew burst heal sniping greatly outclassing any other classes set-up heals.) And without a nerf to SCK or chi torpedo, we're still plenty viable. (Esp. with stance dancing to regen.)

I mean the nerfs to jabx2/uplift are absurd but...we're still viable (and powerful). So I'd suggest keeping the "sky falling" to a minimum, and more constructive feedback on just how shitty it FEELS playing. Because if the majority of people playing (or most of the heroic raiders I talk with) enjoy using something because it's engaging, and they don't like where it's headed, then that's really our only hope of getting it changed. Reason or feel might get it changed, but hyperbole and insulting will merely hurt OUR cause. Personally, I hate the delayed feeling of gaining chi w/ SCK or Soothing, whereas jab feels more "visceral" for lack of a better word because of its immediate nature. The fact that leaving jab the way it is now opens a couple ways of healing is cool. Next patch? As far as I'm concerned it's SCK or gtfo, I pretty much refuse to heal with Soothing, it's the most boring, flow-breaking, slow, and RNG/unreliable way of healing. Those four things basically mean it feels horrible to use and is horrible to use. And they're pushing us towards it at the moment. I hope they don't nerf SCK, but I don't really have my hopes up. I also agree that without jab/uplift we will have some problems with application of healing, as well as our current (and already glaring) toolbox issues. The ultimate problem, it seems to me, is that we are a throughput healer, and they're trying to limit the throughput without solving the problem that our throughput is what allows us to heal most fights at an aver-..okay, an above-average level of healing, but with no control and thus limited ability to save people. (which means we can't be stacked particularly effectively, which gives us a good role in 25s...10s are SoL though.) As being a throughput healer entails, we lack utility (other than personal survivability) and effective ways to save people [ever tried saving someone with healing spheres? Good luck...]. Trying to remove the throughput part (which I fear they are moving towards, however until they nerf SCK/chi torpedo/next patch ReM [seriously it's so ridiculous I don't even understand...]) without fixing utilty means they will break the class' viability. That last part is the important part. We aren't broken yet, and I understand where it feels like we're heading, but I think it would be more effective to argue from the "feel" part of the class (they typically respond to this significantly more than anything else) and what it is now comparing to what it would be currently, without arguing about the future. If we can convince them it feels wrong, we might get jab/uplift back, or get them to actually fix the class as it is [which ultimately is broken, but being held together by having extraordinary raw throughput].

Also, I'm not sure what the camera tracking issues you guys are having, I tried out soothing and had no trouble. Dunno. (I have the auto-follow my character off, which is what it sounds like you're all talking about.)
    Last edited by Astraios; 2013-02-22 at 05:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Jab now costs 8% of Base Mana, up from 6%.
    Mistweaver
    Muscle Memory now restores 4% mana, up from 2%.

Come on, that is not we need!

Jab now costs 100% of Base Mana
    Muscle Memory now restores 99% mana.

Go go go!
    Don't start giving them ideas!

If you have 3 additional targets BoK is not bad for healing.
    But is not BoK getting more and more expencive now, seeing mm mana return is based around generating one chi with jab, and not two. So jabbing for BoK get very very expencive, like 12% mana per BoK (8%+8%-4%) so BoK in feastweaving will be our most expencive spell or something now. jab -> tp is fine.

Can allways spend the free chi we gain now and then to BoK, but jab jab BoK is going to be super expencive unless i am missing something. For several targets ScK is better option than jab to proc MM i guess, but was more thinking of the cost of keeping up SZ.
    Last edited by 7e7en; 2013-02-22 at 07:29 AM.

From a design standpoint, I like this change. If you're fistweaving, you'll be in the fray using jab. If not, you don't want to use jab for chi and as such don't need to worry about being in melee range and can act like a normal healer. Though whether the loss of jab jab uplift means that mistweavers need buffs to group heals elsewhere, I'm not sure. Sometimes I feel like I'm not sure what I should do for raid healing other than spinning crane kick when people are grouped up.

I don' understand where they want us to go.

How you guys are going to play your monk?
    Sck sck uplift?
    Jab tp, jab tp, jab tp, jab tp......

For fistweaving, I'm guessing jab tp jab tp, with jab eh bk tossed in to maintain serpents zeal. Every five tiger palm throw out a free mist, and toss out renewing mist on cd.

I'm just not sure what they want us to do for aoe/raid heals when we're not fistweaving. In 25 mans ReM/Uplift doesn't seem that reliable since you can only get it onto so many targets, and spinning crane kick is fairly expensive nad useless if the raid isn't stacked.

Soothing Mist is at 30% chance to generate Chi on current PTR build, servers just went up. Crackling Jade got the same treatment.

Jab costing more than Surging is a joke though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7e7en View Post
    But is not BoK getting more and more expencive now, seeing mm mana return is based around generating one chi with jab, and not two. So jabbing for BoK get very very expencive, like 12% mana per BoK (8%+8%-4%) so BoK in feastweaving will be our most expencive spell or something now. jab -> tp is fine.

Can allways spend the free chi we gain now and then to BoK, but jab jab BoK is going to be super expencive unless i am missing something. For several targets ScK is better option than jab to proc MM i guess, but was more thinking of the cost of keeping up SZ.
    Use expel harm jab then BoK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyjaljerk View Post
    - We can read pages of explanations from Blizz on why they nerfed disc priests, what they based the changes on, and even telling them how they should now heal! But mistweavers ... not a line, not a word, like the future of monks was to PVP as a WW and that's it.
    What you can get out of this is that they are probably still experimenting with the mistweaver monks on what to change to get them as balanced as they want them to be. It's also ptr, they probably have their reasons. I'm pretty sure they'll explain why they made the changes when they are happy with where monks are standing.