Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you such an asshole that you completely lose it when someone needs on a frickin green item?
    Are you such an asshole that you need on greens?
    It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    This statement applies to the green ninja as well.

It's the principle of the thing. Don't need on greens. Also, it takes a majority vote to kick someone, so obviously a majority of your raid agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't care. People need to check themselves if they're willing to make a fuss about greedy gits needing on trash drops in LFR. I can't help laughing at the thought of some loser getting bent out of shape over a green. Brilliant.
    Too bad half the people condemning it have made it clear it's not about the one green.

15+ Year Old Account
    There we go OP, what on earth is wrong with the wow community these days. Instead of calling the clear ninja an asshole needing on an item he doesn't need, you call the people that want to kick him assholes? You should be kicked as well.

Your thread title makes all the sense in the world, no need to put a "?" in it.

You actually had a group with reasonable people (obviously you were not one of them) who kicked the ninja rather then not caring, which is rare these days.

Need= I need this to better my character.
    Greed=I don't need this to better my character but I would like it if no one else needs it.
    When someone needs on a crap green in LFR (which they don't really need since they are not level 87 anymore) its a dickmove and when you make a dickmove you wave around a dick move flag. When you get kicked for making a dickmove you should not be surprised. People don't like playing with people who make dick moves, end of story. God forbid we should impress upon the player base that dickmoves won't be tolerated. Wheres all the complaining about, "We don't have a community anymore because we can't punish an infinite stream of anonymous D-bag players'?

I dream of the day when we stop calling inexperienced players "baddies" and start refering to people who like to misbehave on an online game (Like OP has admitted to doing many many many many times) as "baddies". Not knowing you are performing badly or why is not as bad as behaving badly just because it gives you the shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    So to summarize: we should support terrible behavior to save a minute of time?
    You're not supporting it any more than you are "stopping it" by VTKing the people that need.

If you think that VTK is deterring it from happening, you're mistaken and/or delusional. There is no repercussion for needing other than hearing people bitch (which, consequently may even be the reason these "terrible cretins" are taking your precious greens in the first place). They have to re-queue, sure but thats IF the VTK is successful, and most of the time it isn't.

I commend you for white-knighting the cause of equal greens for all, but really I hope you're not under the impression you're making an impact on the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    simple honest truth

Either they are
    A - Butt hurt that they could not need on it only greed due to the item restrictions
    B - Lost a need roll on it
    C - Both of the above.

People just being dicks

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard shouldn't have Need be an option on BoE items.
    this is the worst idea possible, what happens if an item drops that is a legitimate upgrade for person A, and for person B it is nothing more than DE mats / Item to be sold on the AH / Vendored.

Obviously person A would have an immediate benefit, more than person B who is using it to sell or turn into enchant mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote secretly vote to boot him :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong09 View Post
    Similarly I was in an lfr for the first half of HoF. A hunter decided to use pack during blade lord and killed a few people because of it. There were 5 hunter in the run and not a single one of them spoke up resulting in the mass kickocide of every hunter in the group. Just goes to show that if you do something out of the norms, i.e. needing on a green you dont need, and messing up a mechanic, or needing on a boe epic because you thought needing it will give you the boe version of it, you will get singled out and removed
    You can see who turned on Pack by looking at the buff. It says "Applied by..."

Whenever I see someone turn pack on, I mouse over the buff so I can see which idiot hunter did it. I've seen hunters accidentally turn on pack while we're buffing and people spend 5 minutes saying "who has pack on??!" Do people really not know how to look at the buff to see who it is?

As for the OP, I think this is awesome. A perfect use of the kick system by LFR to punish douchebags who need on stuff they don't need. I'm too lazy to initiate a kick for green-needers, but I'll vote yes(after looking through the log to see that they did indeed need on it) every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    this is the worst idea possible, what happens if an item drops that is a legitimate upgrade for person A, and for person B it is nothing more than DE mats / Item to be sold on the AH / Vendored.
    If it's BoE, person A can buy it on the AH.

BoE items are fungible. They're just bags of gold with funny labels. Having player A be able to Need on the item is equivalent to player A Needing on a bag of gold so he can go buy the item on the AH.

In the end, I'd prefer an auction system for items: you specify how much you're willing to pay for the drop, and the highest big wins. If you need it, you're willing to pay more. Some (or all) of the winning bid could be redistributed to the raid members.more
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    simple honest truth

Either they are
    A - Butt hurt that they could not need on it only greed due to the item restrictions
    B - Lost a need roll on it
    C - Both of the above.

People just being dicks

Nope. I don't need any greens, but I'd vote to kick a green-needer out of principle.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I commend you for white-knighting the cause of equal greens for all, but really I hope you're not under the impression you're making an impact on the problem.
    I guess there's enough of a impact from people kicking douchebag green-needers that we have a thread on MMO-C. That's a good start. I hope this encourages other posters to vote kick idiots who think needing on greens is a good idea.

And right now Jaylock is sitting back laughing at everyone on this forum thread.

Watching people need on greens in LFR brings up those feeling I had watching guilds needing on LFR loot for their "pals" in DS after I had been in que for 50+ mins. Needing on items just to roll need stems from early LFR loot disasters. Therefore, when you need on a green in the MOP LFR you awaking a beast within people and they kick you. While I don't think needing on a green is no big deal I also understand why that bothers people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Need= I need this to better my character.
    False. Need implies that you need the item for ANY PERSONAL USE OF YOUR CHOOSING. You can need it for gold, DE, repairs, to wear, whatever.. it doesnt matter the reason, the fact of the matter is, blizz allows you to roll need on it for anything you choose, and everyone else has the same opportunity.

Greed=I don't need this to better my character but I would like it if no one else needs it.
    False again. Greed roll is just there as another way of saying I dont need or want this item. Its more like an "i dont care either way if this item goes in my bags or not"

When someone needs on a crap green in LFR (which they don't really need since they are not level 87 anymore) its a dickmove and when you make a dickmove you wave around a dick move flag. When you get kicked for making a dickmove you should not be surprised. People don't like playing with people who make dick moves, end of story. God forbid we should impress upon the player base that dickmoves won't be tolerated. Wheres all the complaining about, "We don't have a community anymore because we can't punish an infinite stream of anonymous D-bag players'?

I dream of the day when we stop calling inexperienced players "baddies" and start refering to people who like to misbehave on an online game (Like OP has admitted to doing many many many many times) as "baddies". Not knowing you are performing badly or why is not as bad as behaving badly just because it gives you the shits and giggles.
    What about the guy who comes from a server where everyone need rolls on all items in 5 man dungeons and gets to a raid where people still live in the archaic era of greed rolling and he gets kicked for doing something accepted on his server?

Lets face it, the only reason people think it is a "dick move" is because they feel entitled themselves. Which in of itself is a greedy and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I have about 300k across 3 character, still, I would kick you if you Need on a 20g that I could potentially get.

Every gold matters.
    i got more and i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

It only takes one person to make a change no matter how small.

For expample, 7 years ago I started playing WoW. I was a complete nublet, not a clue what I was doing but having a blast, I was in Ashenvale questing, and another player was running around doing the same quests as me and he asked me if I wanted to do the quests together, being new I was pretty excited to be asked to group as I hadn't grouped up before.

So we group up and we are killing things and a green drops, (first time I had seen anything that colour drop) the litle box comes up saying need or greed, I thought greed sounded ... well bad.. so I pressed need, and we went on with our questing.

Not long after another green drops, and again I press need thinking I was doing the right thing rather than pressing greed and being well *greedy* (I also didn't know of course that if you need something its a guaranteed win to you if no one else has pressed need.)

So this time my fellow quester pipes up with, why did you need on that, you cannot even equip it. I explained to him I didn't want to click greed because I am not greedy, he then had a bit of a chuckle and explained the loot system to me.

I felt so grateful that I had met someone so early on and made the mistake on something as small as a lowbie green, and that they explained and I now understood and never did it again.

So that one person, talking to me and telling a player that was a new , that didn't realise, made a difference, because I am now a long term player that isn't a selfish git rolling need on everything I see.

You may not think it's important, but if you don't try, things will never change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling for gold, disenchant etc falls under greed

Using it to wear it falls under need

Seriously have can you think selling an item is considered needing it? When you think up the word greed you think of money...The icon for greed is even a gold coin-.-

A better option for all greeding on greens is to just all need...it's obviously a small minority of the wow community just fails at being descent people so why ruin your chances of getting items...all needing is much more fair...in dungeons if an epic boe drops i always say all need -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-02-22 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Yep, I will kick you every time. It's a dickhead move to need on an item to vendor it, same with a lockbox. What the hell makes you so special that you need an item to vendor over everyone else. Granted, the people who do it will never get why it is a dickhead move and will usually rationalize something so it's ok, but I don't really care.
    Typically most people would go and disenchant the item, rather then just vendor it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets face it, the only reason people think it is a "dick move" is because they feel entitled themselves. Which in of itself is a greedy and selfish.
    Wanting all 25 people to have equal rolling chance, versus 1 person that knowingly take away other people's chance to up your own chance, which is more selfish?

And to be honest, it really doesn't matter what you or I think, in the end of the day, as you said the guy got kicked, so obviously, enough people think he should be kicked, which is all you need to know really.

There are very few greens worth selling on AH, certainly not in MoP as greens tend to not be level 85 (Cata 79-80 gear can sell well as people want it to start questing in cata without every fight being a pain) and the quest items are usually better than green drops. Nobdoy wants them for transmog purposes since they flood the market and tend to not be all that amazing. The Auction house wants 1/3rd the going value of the weapon in auction house fees and if it doesn't sell you end up paying the fee again for 2/3rd the value of the green item, a 3rd time represents a loss of time and 4 times reselling is a loss of time and money.

Frankly these green items serve 2 purposes, disenchanting it into dust or vendoring. If you want to take the chance that the dust or 14 gold is worth a potential kicking, reqeueing and redowning of the bosses and all the potential of pug groups ruining that attempt then by all means, push the 'dick move button'.

If you don't understand the concept of common courtesy you'll never understand why people dislike you for it.

If you continue to act like a twat you'll continue to be treated like a twat.