It wouldn't surprise me. My favorite classes always end up nerfed. -_- I'm still worried about the AoE nerfs they were talking about as well, though I haven't seen much mention of it since before the last patch.

Well I hate getting nerfed too but it's best for the game's health if they do something to help the balance.

People are basing the justification of war nerfs on CoF farm groups? Lol, it's simply the best/most optimised way to farm that particular path.
    People want warriors in other dungeons not solely due to their dps but also due to how good their support is. banners and shouts are amazing tools which people tend to like.

Also you're looking at it the wrong way, other classes need to be buffed wars don't need to be nerfed.

Yeah, but it's much more likely to see nerfs than buffs.

well when over half of the lfg posts are for cof farming, it gets a bit disheartening. With this game going more towards instanced content like that, it's probably time I look for another game. At least until the expansion comes.

Is it really fair to claim GW2 is going toward instanced content?

Dungeons and DEs were at launch. Since they added Fractals [instanced] and now Guild Missions [open world?].

Doesn't seem like the content is leaning any more toward instancing.

Well I guess I'm feeling that the closer I get to 100% map completion. I'd continue to do WvW but I feel there is an important component missing from that aspect of the game (in essence it is the answer to the question, why do we fight?). The issue I come up with instancing, specifically dungeons, is that there is a specific number that you need to do them. In GW1 you could supplement your team with henchmen and heroes. I played with 1 and 2 other people in that game on a regular basis. It was very nice that we could add npc's to our team to complete it. No worrying about waiting for other people or playing with assholes. Yes I realize most other mmos have this issue as well. I probably won't play any other mmo unless it is almost all open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well when over half of the lfg posts are for cof farming, it gets a bit disheartening. With this game going more towards instanced content like that, it's probably time I look for another game. At least until the expansion comes.
    There's reasons why over half the lfg posts are for cof farming. It used to be CoE farming but people are willing to bring pugs to CoF since it's easy/risk free.
    Also if you're farming another instance You'll probably be able to find a regular group, just add those to your FL add a note "TA farm" and you're done.

I don't get why the popularity of something justifies nerfes.

Then they need to up the difficulty on CoF

I just wish farming something other than a dungeon or the same spot in Orr was as lucrative. I really don't want to do dungeons at all and I have to force myself to do Cursed Shore, which lasts about half an hour before I get fed up with it.

Totally agreed about dungeons though, I really wish they scaled to the amount of players. It's kind of weird that they don't, actually, given how much scaling there is in everything else in the game. I would probably do them if I could just duo or trio them, but I'm not really interested in grouping with strangers or really instanced content at all enough to bother with 5+ mans.

Well I guess I'm feeling that the closer I get to 100% map completion. I'd continue to do WvW but I feel there is an important component missing from that aspect of the game (in essence it is the answer to the question, why do we fight?). The issue I come up with instancing, specifically dungeons, is that there is a specific number that you need to do them. In GW1 you could supplement your team with henchmen and heroes. I played with 1 and 2 other people in that game on a regular basis. It was very nice that we could add npc's to our team to complete it. No worrying about waiting for other people or playing with assholes. Yes I realize most other mmos have this issue as well. I probably won't play any other mmo unless it is almost all open world.
    So you don't want to play an MMO at all. I feel heroes were the worst thing to happen to GW1.

Group content should be for groups of humans, imo.

I honestly feel the generation of players that desire to play an MMO solo or with just 2 other people are the worst element of modern MMOs.

Time was you got a group of 39 people to help you cross a zone. 20 more to help you kill a cyclops. Or you left the game to play a single player RPG.

/open disrespect for new MMOs
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-22 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So you don't want to play an MMO at all. I feel heroes were the worst thing to happen to GW1.

I like to play with humans that I enjoy being with. I hate playing with jerks and pugs. I deal with assholes all day long, I don't need them in my playtime.

And besides, I still bemoan that mmos nowadays are all about the instanced content. I detest it. I love the informal grouping that the dynamic events provide, and they have some interesting events like the Grenth event that they can use as a template. Why muddle this game with boring dungeon grind.

More open world, and less dungeons.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-22 at 07:35 PM.

I don't PUG and play with people I enjoy.

There is no mandate to play with jerks.

heh, i only know a couple of people who play video games in real life and one of them stopped a while ago. The other only plays console games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just wish farming something other than a dungeon or the same spot in Orr was as lucrative. I really don't want to do dungeons at all and I have to force myself to do Cursed Shore, which lasts about half an hour before I get fed up with it.

Totally agreed about dungeons though, I really wish they scaled to the amount of players. It's kind of weird that they don't, actually, given how much scaling there is in everything else in the game. I would probably do them if I could just duo or trio them, but I'm not really interested in grouping with strangers or really instanced content at all enough to bother with 5+ mans.
    Problem with this is that downscaling is very hard. It's easy to make a dungeon "fit" for 25 people or 30 it's a lot harder to make it fit 2people since balancing it so x+y can do it while z+z can do it as well and w+w doesn't roflstomp it.
    Or even further people would quite easily be able to solo"2man" dungeons which clearly isn't intended.

heh, i only know a couple of people who play video games in real life and one of them stopped a while ago. The other only plays console games.
    Yea, I understand the personal situation. Though I don't think it is fair to this game or the genre.

As concerns GW2 specifically, I think you are being really unfair in your comment above. There are not real mandate to do instanced content. Just the ones you place on yourself.

I honestly feel the generation of players that desire to play an MMO solo or with just 2 other people are the worst element of modern MMOs.

Time was you got a group of 39 people to help you cross a zone. 20 more to help you kill a cyclops. Or you left the game to play a single player RPG.

/open disrespect for new MMOs
    you get me wrong, i have no problem working with other people in game, but I don't like the instanced content that it is geared for. Keep all of the content in the open world

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 12:50 PM ----------

There are not real mandate to do instanced content. Just the ones you place on yourself.
    Just agree to disagree on what we view that mmos should be

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 12:52 PM ----------

To tie this in to GW2, the best part of the game is the open world and the events that spawn in it (especially interesting stuff like Grenth). The absolute worse part of the game are the dungeons, but of course a big part of the gear and legendaries are tied to those dungeons.

Honestly, I really don't like many people and the feeling for the most part is mutual. I just have a personality that seems to only get along with about 1% of the population. :P During the 6 years I played WoW I lucked upon one guild with a bunch of people I meshed with (which is extremely rare), every other attempt just made me feel alone in a crowd. It's a big reason why I hate guilds. I really don't like feeling as if I'm just talking to myself in /g and having any humor attempt met with dead silence. Thus I'm forced to PUG, which I don't care for either. It was tolerable in Wrath with LFG and speed runs.

I do love video games though and having others around isn't a problem as long as I'm not dependent upon them. Ideally, I would love to be in another guild like I had in Wrath, but that's easier said than done so I resign myself to soloing/duoing for the most part. I tried the guild thing again in Tera and it was just another disaster. I think my Wrath guild was just a lightning in a bottle thing. Maybe they should have speed dating for guilds. ;P Even when I specifically outline my personality and what types of people I'm looking to surround myself with it doesn't seem to make a difference. People just want another recruit, they don't seem to care if it's a fit or not.

I was lucky in wow. I found a great guild of people when I first started playing (at release). Heck they kept me in the guild even though I took extended breaks (4 and 5 months a couple of times). If it wasn't for that guild, I wouldn't have played past November of 2004. Incidentally, when those folks stopped playing, I quit permanently. So it wasn't about the game but about the people I played with.

you get me wrong, i have no problem working with other people in game, but I don't like the instanced content that it is geared for. Keep all of the content in the open world.

To tie this in to GW2, the best part of the game is the open world and the events that spawn in it (especially interesting stuff like Grenth). The absolute worse part of the game are the dungeons, but of course a big part of the gear and legendaries are tied to those dungeons.
    GW2 doesn't already provide one of the most robust open world experiences in a non-sandbox?

Anet made the game with dungeons included. Granted.

Though there is nothing game wise that forces you into those dungeons though. One can acquire gear of equal value outside dungeons. There is no character progression explicitly tied to the dungeons either.

Dungeon armor sets and legendary items are cosmetic. Well, the legendary is a little powerful. There is no gear wall to anything. Just a slightly better item, which looks cool, in a game where I ran Arah expo in level 40-60 greens. GG?

I just don't see the POV of GW2, "going more towards instanced content" when only one instanced PVE zone was added since launch. The rest is still fairly open world-y, probably more so then most theme park MMOs.

The only theme park MMO that I can think of that allows out of instance progression to a high degree is Rift. And even then, there are certain things forever out of reach to open world players of that game.