Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    So this whole post is based on the premise that we shouldn't care about green items. . .

If you don't realize this is about "principle" and not the green item then you are. . .

Oh, Jaylock =)
    Exactly if you get stuck on it is a green crap item, you miss the bigger picture. It is like someone stealing a pack of gum at Walmart and expecting Walmart to not press charges on you. Get a hint they will press as many charges as they humanly can on that pack of gum to teach a lesson. The actual value of the goods means very little and infact you can argue that they will go after every tiny infraction very hard to set an example of do NOT try to steal as much as a penny or we will come after you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Since apparently you two can't read, I'll repeat what I said earlier: clothies can't need on anything except cloth, leather-wearers can't need on mail or plate, mail-wearers can't need on plate; only plate wearers can need on everything. That ignores whether or not stat based rolling is enabled for greens, because we've already established that not everyone can roll need on everything. So what's stopping us from rolling need? Aside from actually respecting our fellow gamers (yeah, that ship sailed for a lot of people long ago...), the system itself does.
    And what does that have to do with what I said? The act of one individual does not deprive anyone else the ability act. The system may never give you the option, but that is a different matter entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I need on greens to piss people off as it is the only fun I get out of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Put this into perspective: you're crying over 10 - 30g. That's nothing considering you can get the same amount, if not more, doing a single daily quest.

Everyone can roll need for lockboxes anyway.

You're all a bunch of crybabies.
    So stealing a pack of gums is ok at Walmart since it is just a dollar anyway?? or break it down even more is stealing something worth 5 cent at Wal mart ok?? I mean it is only 5 cent. ? So where do you drop the line of wrong behavior and call theft for what it is?? what is the gold and dollar amount you consider theft to kick in??? what theft is legal in your opinion??

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    I need on greens to piss people off as it is the only fun I get out of LFR.

And i get a lot of fun in kicking you out of the run since no runs needs folks that needs on greens in them,

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    And another one that fails to understand that it's not about the actual value of the items.
    Do you realise that the importance of this issue is directly proportional to the item's value?

If people were rolling Need for something that sold for 1c, there wouldn't be an issue. Please don't pretend there would be. People are getting cut because someone dared to take the possibility of winning 15 - 30g from them!

"Fukkin ninja I needed that 30g on my 103,456g!" What a travesty!

Blizzard implemented a loot system where the real issue of ninjaing does not exist any more. As far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue. You'd might as well be arguing about ninjaing pocket lint.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see this alot, but tbh I only see people needing on green weapons. My stance? I do too, and people will be like "rofl people still need on greens" well hey, I'm only doing it because the majority of LFR runs I do, someone else does too. have you seen how much those weapons vendor for??? Thats like MORE than one of those bags of jokes!

Also, when those Ghost Iron lockboxes drop, I just LOVE to need on those! and, just so you stuck-up people know, it's not ninjaring to need on an item the system allows you to roll on, so just roll need, big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Another perfect example of you not reading or only making up what you like! I never said my opinions, I said everyone elses. meaning not just my own opinions.

Many people have given their opinions on this matter, all valid and yet you choose to dismiss them, gleam over them and only go to those posters that agree with you.

Practice what you preach etc.
    So The Glitch, what am I supposed to do when I post here on these forums? What would you like to see me post? If in fact that i fundamentally disagree with your opinion, should I just stop posting after you and those who agree with you have posted?

I see the merit in why you believe the way you do. I just think it is a pathetic way to play the game, and to live ones life to be caught up in trivial maters like I have described. Now, what is wrong with what I believe? Are you trying to post as if to change my point of view? Because clearly, you are not changing your point of view, so why are you hypocritical in assuming that I should change mine to conform with yours?

I am honestly asking these questions to understand why you post the way you do, and if you cant tell that I am trying to promote good discussion, then there is no point in me responding to you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    o/ been kicked for needing on a lockbox with about 7 others. (no idea if others got kicked, doubt anyone use /loot in lfr anyway ).
    And no, doing 30% of the healing didnt keep me in the group.
    Every time a lockbox drops in LFR, I hit /loot. I won't be the first person to roll Need - if nobody else does, I'll greed it.

But if someone rolls Need, I will too. 40g + a green to DE is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So stealing a pack of gums is ok at Walmart since it is just a dollar anyway?? or break it down even more is stealing something worth 5 cent at Wal mart ok?? I mean it is only 5 cent. ? So where do you drop the line of wrong behavior and call theft for what it is?? what is the gold and dollar amount you consider theft to kick in??? what theft is legal in your opinion??[COLOR="red"]
    Is it ok? That depends on how tight you are. I doubt the justice system is going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on prosecuting someone over stealing a dollar. Money talks. Hey, I once sampled a jelly bean - you know, the ones in the confectionery section in those plastic columns with all the other candies? I'm sooo bad aren't I?

And a big LOL comparing RL to a computer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you realise that the importance of this issue is directly proportional to the item's value?

If people were rolling Need for something that sold for 1c, there wouldn't be an issue. Please don't pretend there would be. People are getting cut because someone dared to take the possibility of winning 15 - 30g from them!

"Fukkin ninja I needed that 30g on my 103,456g!" What a travesty!

Blizzard implemented a loot system where the real issue of ninjaing does not exist any more. As far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue. You'd might as well be arguing about ninjaing pocket lint.
    Thank you. As I have said many times, the gold value to the green items is so trivial that its not even worth the effort of typing out a message calling someone out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are green items, they'll only be sold, or used for DE'ing, personally I dont really care if someone was to need on them, not much of a big deal really, if it was an epic item, then I could understand, but for a green? C'mooon, really?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

"The real question thats really going to mess with your mind is, "If MMOchampions had a vote to kick function would we even be talking about this right now?" - The Oracle from World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I see this alot, but tbh I only see people needing on green weapons. My stance? I do too, and people will be like "rofl people still need on greens" well hey, I'm only doing it because the majority of LFR runs I do, someone else does too. have you seen how much those weapons vendor for??? Thats like MORE than one of those bags of jokes!

Also, when those Ghost Iron lockboxes drop, I just LOVE to need on those! and, just so you stuck-up people know, it's not ninjaring to need on an item the system allows you to roll on, so just roll need, big deal.
    Which is why we need blizzard to fix the system just like they did when adding the bag of gold on bosses. add D3's loot option where you are the only one that see the BOE that dropped of trash. Coding is already done for this and obviously it is needed to combat the bad behavior of the community that still lingers around in WOW.

The reason we got the gold bag of crap is when folks in heroic DS gear went in LFR and needed on massive downgrades just out of spite ( which is what your attitude on green drops looks like to me) If i have a need button i will need regardless of if i need it or not, basically out of spite. This mentality is what created the current boss loot system in LFR It was wrong in DS and it is wrong today.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I see high horse to mean that I have high morales and standards and expect others to behave in kind. If I walk by someone who dropped their check book I let them know they dropped it and they thank me. If I see someone snatch the wallet up and try to sneak off with it is it standing on a soap box and opinions to call them out on it? I don't think so, nor do I feel that its a negative thing to expect the wallet snatcher to behave in the way I would. If they turned to me and told me to "get off my High Horse" I'd rather be on a high horse than their low horse.
    "Get off your high horse" is usually tantamount with calling someone a hypocrite.

i.e. Calling people out for things that their "high moral values" find repugnant while simulteneously doing equally (if not more) morally repugnant things.

Whether or not the comment has merit is a whole other thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it ok? That depends on how tight you are. I doubt the justice system is going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on prosecuting someone over stealing a dollar. Money talks. Hey, I once sampled a jelly bean - you know, the ones in the confectionery section in those plastic columns with all the other candies? I'm sooo bad aren't I?

And a big LOL comparing RL to a computer game.
    The thing that araine doesn't understand is that the pack of gum wasnt walmart's to begin with. No owned the pack of gum, it was simply a random chance of it dropping, in other words: lottery winnings. The people who needed on the green items were simply upping their chances of winning the lottery, while the other people who didnt decided it wasnt necessary to even win, and the gold is trivial anyway.

Deleted
    I never do it...

...unless someone else from the groups needs the said item. Same goes for lockboxes. The way I see it is that first guy needing the item is a dick, and rest are just ensuring that they have a chance at having the said item. however, in LFR, the person who wins often gets all the trash-talk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    They are green items, they'll only be sold, or used for DE'ing, personally I dont really care if someone was to need on them, not much of a big deal really, if it was an epic item, then I could understand, but for a green? C'mooon, really?

Seen it on epics twice where folks needed it just to vendor it for 20g. the greed was so high that they couldnt take the risk of losing the roll and get the chance to sell it for 1000g or more instead they looked upon it as oh 20g in the bag for sure if i need it better than risking to go home with nothing.

OP are you familiar with the notion of 'principles'?

I also vote to kick.

this 'but its a tiny thing only' mentality is what is making my country this shithole, the summ of little things will break the whole, I don't consent with shitheads trying to be 'smart'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thank you. As I have said many times, the gold value to the green items is so trivial that its not even worth the effort of typing out a message calling someone out.
    This thread is the perfect sample from LFRetards.

People here have posted "oh oh but it's the principle" - my ass it is. Watch their concerns disappear if the item is one copper, or not worth anything. What's sad is that the difference between that and 30g is still oh so very small relatively speaking, considering one daily quest can get you that.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I never do it...

...unless someone else from the groups needs the said item. Same goes for lockboxes. The way I see it is that first guy needing the item is a dick, and rest are just ensuring that they have a chance at having the said item. however, in LFR, the person who wins often gets all the trash-talk.

Just keep the loot window open and you will see who started the need.