Faced a bruiser Sona top today as Garen. Her poke was so damn annoying. It was like playing vs an AD/AP Nidalee up top. She had so much sustain, endless poke, and couldn't burn through her after she got her Giants Belt at all.

Massive lane bully...

Ranked game dodged:

In select: tbh the "chat" sounds like a bunch of 12 year olds scrapping in the playground. I am preparing to dodge anyway.

I get support role I ask for - no real surprise. Guy locks ADC and starts spamming very rudely that I HAVE to take Leona, because it's the only support he will lane with. Well, yeah, no. I politely decline and point out I didn't tell him what to play, and that I Leona isn't a support I play well. At which point him and 2 others start calling me a noob because sona is bad (didn't even counterpick myself or anything silly and I main sona) and why didn't I just L2P Leona. Really...

Also another surfacing trend is first picks who lock a random support without asking and start screaming at me when I either don't have what they want for a trade, or that I point out that I don't even own those supports (taric / alistar). I wouldn't dream of locking in a role without consulting the person I wanted to swop with, then throwing a hissy fit at them when they don't want my choice or don't have my character to swop. It's something I see often enough I fear it's becoming a "thing" though. If people want to trade with a support to avoid counters, ask your support first, don't just lock a random support without asking, and presume they have what you want. That ain't how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Faced a bruiser Sona top today as Garen. Her poke was so damn annoying. It was like playing vs an AD/AP Nidalee up top. She had so much sustain, endless poke, and couldn't burn through her after she got her Giants Belt at all.

Massive lane bully...
    Oh god I feel you bro.. I could just imagine that game... I bet the team was complaining "lolo garen noob!! its just sona!!!" . They don't understand man, they will never understand!

Ahhhh Sona. Favourtie support by far. Get dat philo stone, and atleast another faire charm + mastery mana regen and you've got enough mana regen to spam all your spells into a Q+passive AA for massive poke on the enemy. All of this without going oom aslong as play smart.

By taking Q>W>E while getting all three at lvl 3 you can do so much dmg and healing.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by GameGirler View Post
    Oh god I feel you bro.. I could just imagine that game... I bet the team was complaining "lolo garen noob!! its just sona!!!" . They don't understand man, they will never understand!
    They were actually. Although, the guy that was telling me I was sucking, was actually losing his lane as Katarina vs Brand because "he is ranged u noob". Lane phase ended with about the same amount of CS, Sona having a bit more, but I had 3-4 kills by that time from roaming.

Been number 1 in my division for 2 wins and still not up for promotion? In fact no-one in my division has been up for a promote for an hour or more...

nvm figured out why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    it does sound like one of those clunky mechanics left in the game just because it's easier not to change it, i.e. certain DOTA 2 mechanics.
    Only being able to jump in front of you is a balance reason as well tho.

Deleted
    They were actually. Although, the guy that was telling me I was sucking, was actually losing his lane as Katarina vs Brand because "he is ranged u noob". Lane phase ended with about the same amount of CS, Sona having a bit more, but I had 3-4 kills by that time from roaming.
    that katarina was such a tool -_-

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Only being able to jump in front of you is a balance reason as well tho.
    somehow I like that it works how it does, but when you somtimes have to jump over ledges which require you to be almost inside them, while looking straight towards it, and you've got a big ass opponent there aswell, it'd be nice to have it the other way simply because it's friggin impossibru clicking properly T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    that katarina was such a tool -_-
    Indeed he was. Didn't we get a double jungle, and an AD Alistar after that? Must've been our best day so far in normals.

Deleted
    Indeed he was. Didn't we get a double jungle, and an AD Alistar after that? Must've been our best day so far in normals.
    Yup T_T.

Atleast we managed to carry the game with the Katarina!

This is going to be some seriously weird time now. Connecting from South Korea to EUW

my ping is always 300+... buhuhuhuhuhuhu

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

How badly is Vi getting nerfed in the next patch? I know its still in the PBE, but it seems like they're hitting her hard, from base AD of 58 to 50, and the % on W. Anyone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    How badly is Vi getting nerfed in the next patch? I know its still in the PBE, but it seems like they're hitting her hard, from base AD of 58 to 50, and the % on W. Anyone knows?
    In addition to that base AD nerf, the W % health damage is being reduced to 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%, down from 6/7/8/9/10%, which is a nerf to her early game antics. There were some R nerfs on several PBE builds, but those appear to have been reverted because they see the % health damage and her base damage as the problem, not the ult damage.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    In addition to that base AD nerf, the W % health damage is being reduced to 4/5.5/7/8.5/10%, down from 6/7/8/9/10%, which is a nerf to her early game antics. There were some R nerfs on several PBE builds, but those appear to have been reverted because they see the % health damage and her base damage as the problem, not the ult damage.
    Damn seems like a rather hefty nerf overall. Most Vi's leave W at lvl 1 till the end right? She's meant to deal dmg, and if they're nerfing that badly then i don't know what will she be good for then.

That next patch will bring about Garen, Taric, Riven and Vi nerfs, which is coincidentally the heroes i play most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Damn seems like a rather hefty nerf overall. Most Vi's leave W at lvl 1 till the end right? She's meant to deal dmg, and if they're nerfing that badly then i don't know what will she be good for then.

That next patch will bring about Garen, Taric, Riven and Vi nerfs, which is coincidentally the heroes i play most.
    Why do you want W to be lvl1? Her Q is worthless outside of being second gap-closer/initiation instrument, and means of finishing W combination. I never had to use Q twice in early/mid game in teamfight/gank situations and its damage compared to AS + damage burst from W sucks.
    Anyway, even if you leave W on level 1, how is this nerf (2% of max health as phis. damage) is gamebreaking?
    If you assume that target have 2k health at level 11 (mid game with sunfire) and 100 armor W will deal:
    Pre nerf: 120 damage (66,6 after passing dented armor)
    After nerf: 80 damage (44,4 after passing dented armor)
    You can add AD scaling on W here, ArP marks+quints, ArP items and so on, but still, this nerf won't make Vi useless.

And since when bruisers started to be a pure DD? I always thought that Vi is picked for her disrupting Ult, ArP debuff, not being useless while skills on CD, but not for damage from W.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-23 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Her W is a 1 point wonder. Her Q CD at rank 1 is huge and you NEED it to be effective in team fights. It procs a W hit, briefly interrupts the target, and offers mobility. Q helps your W by making it easier to stay on targets and applying a stack, while also offering other benefits. Your W doesn't even become twice as effective from rank 1 to rank 5. It's a great ability, but it works a lot better at rank 1 than her other abilities.
    I don't need it every 8 seconds to kill an enemy, and to catch a sneaky enemy (Ez for example), and maxing W gives you 20% more AS after engaging fight (Q into auto-attack into E)
    And if you are out of your target for 8 seconds (CD of Q at max rank) you won't catch him again. And skill-shot based gap closers don't help you to stay on target. If you miss it/got blocked/enemy flashed away from it, you are fucked, and have only Ult to catch him, you don't have time to wait for Qs CD. Currently, you need someone else to keep your target in place (or your target don't try to get away).
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    It's a nerf to jungle anyway, Junglers max E first for faster clear and lizard procs. It's to make her ganks a bit less brutal.

Tarics getting buffed isn't he? Damage-wise at least unless I read the notes totally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Tarics getting buffed isn't he? Damage-wise at least unless I read the notes totally wrong.
    He's getting nerfs to his support ability, due to his W armor aura now being based on a percentage of his armor (12%) instead of a fixed number on live. Also, his passive has been changed to his AAs dealing bonus magic damage based on his maximum mana, instead of regenerating mana on AAs.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II