Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excess1001 View Post
    Me want Panda DK. Nobody would level up a Panda DK, most of the people would pay the $10 or so and get race changed.
    Indeed blizz would make massive profits
    Win win for everyone.

There really shouldnt be worgen, draenei, gnome, goblin, night elf or tauren dks either. Worgen and draenei were either locked behind a wall or on another planet when the LK made the DKs. Night elves and tauren were on a separate continent and didnt fight against the LK(until Wrath which is after the DKs we can play were emacipated). Goblins went neutral after the 2nd war and didnt fight the LK and no one who wanted to win would use tiny, puny gnomes as their warriors.

The only reason most of these classes can be DKs is because it is a "hero class" and Blizzard didnt want to upset people because they couldnt have a free lvl 55 character in their favorite race. Otherwise it would have been fine if only humans, dwarves, blood elves and orcs(Teron Gorefiend was an orc) were DKs.

Although I would have to disagree with the OP, I admit that I was very disappointed I couldn't make a panda DK.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    There really shouldnt be worgen, draenei, gnome, goblin, night elf or tauren dks either. Worgen and draenei were either locked behind a wall or on another planet when the LK made the DKs. Night elves and tauren were on a separate continent and didnt fight against the LK(until Wrath which is after the DKs we can play were emacipated). Goblins went neutral after the 2nd war and didnt fight the LK and no one who wanted to win would use tiny, puny gnomes as their warriors.

The only reason most of these classes can be DKs is because it is a "hero class" and Blizzard didnt want to upset people because they couldnt have a free lvl 55 character in their favorite race. Otherwise it would have been fine if only humans, dwarves, blood elves and orcs(Teron Gorefiend was an orc) were DKs.
    Plenty of gnomes, tauren and night elves fought the scourge in Kalimdor and in the Plaguelands. Many of them could be as fresh as Vanilla-era. Goblins makes less sense, but, hey, it could happen. Draenei would have to be super unlucky to go from crashlanding to undead in the span of TBC. Worgen really makes no sense as far as I could tell.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    It also applies to part of the games that one is particularity fond of.
    Yet i don't see any sign of fanboyism in the OP or those who support his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Worgen: See Arugal. There may be one Worgen DK in lore, but there are several Worgen in lore on Azeroth. Much more potential of making more Worgen DKs as there is a sizeable population pool. The possibility of more Worgen DKs is plausible. Same goes with every other race you named.

Pandaren? Okay, now is the time to READ CAREFULLY. There are too few Pandarens on Azeroth in that era for the possibility of having THAT MANY potential Pandaren DKs to even be remotely plausible. There is no Pandaren population pool in Azeroth in that era that could explain all these potential Pandaren DK players, whereas with the other races you mentionned, there was.

So yes, this reason is perfectly reasonable. Your turn, smart guy.
    Plausible? Worgen has a very strong natural protection from becoming undead and being controlled by LK directly. That's why the Scourge decided to use them differently and we see them as a separate cult in Northerend.
    About pandaren.
    First, you can't know for sure how many of them exactly were present in the outside world. What if there were a couple of hundreds of panda travellers, but in general they tended to be subtle and not to expose themselves? My point is, this particular part of lore is vague and can be developed in any way Blizzard would want it to.
    Second, take a look at a worgen DK. How high was a chance of him escaping Shadowfang Keep only to become a victim of the Scourge and being converted into a DK? I'd say that chance is much much lower then a chance of an unlucky random panda traveller being occasionally slain and converted. Heck, that random panda could even have been participating in the Third War as a covert mercenary or something, which would make him a Horde/Alliance hero, just the one who is unknown to the masses.
    So, as i've already said before, there is no need for a "sizeable population pool" to justify all the potential pandaren DK players. One particular case of a panda becoming a DK is enough.
    Want an explanation of an army of panda DK's roaming around? Game mechanics. The very same case as with worgen DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Plenty of gnomes, tauren and night elves fought the scourge in Kalimdor and in the Plaguelands. Many of them could be as fresh as Vanilla-era. Goblins makes less sense, but, hey, it could happen. Draenei would have to be super unlucky to go from crashlanding to undead in the span of TBC. Worgen really makes no sense as far as I could tell.
    When the scourge fought in Kalimdor there were no DKs. Arthas returned from Northrend and took control of the remaining scourge shortly after they were defeated at Hyjal. Arthas never went there to raise DKs either since the night elves had restored most of what the scourge destroyed. So then you only have races who fought in the Eastern Kingdoms during TFT available to be killed and raised which are humans, elves and dwarves and gnomes(disqualified due to physical weakness). After that the LK left Kelthuzad in charge in EK and he couldnt raise DKs.

So at the beginning of Wrath these are the only races that fought directly against Arthas and would have been DKs to start out. If you think he would have made more during the course of Wrath when all of the races were in NR, you would have to add lore that they could break away from him in places other than Acherus. So after Wrath more races could be DKs but not goblins or worgen because they werent fighting in NR.

If you follow that people become DKs by voluntarily joining the LK it would also mean NEs and Tauren, and Draenei would not be DKs because the purpose of selling your soul to the LK was for the promise of unholy power which is against the nature of these races as they value nature and light.

I'm far too lazy, but here's my other thought on this entire thing. And for those of you who know me, I'm not usually one to say this BUT..

Screw the Lore. I WANT MY PANDA DEATH KNIGHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Playable goblins are Bilgewater goblins, we never saw them before, they are not the same as the WCIII goblins, and they never left Kezan before Cataclysm.
    Wrong, the Bilgewater Cartel were the Goblins during Warcraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    True...
    The number of DK Pandaren would be small... But same goes for Worgen DKs...
    Their number in Shadowfang Keep wasn't that big... yet we see them roaming around!
    This can be explained with the way the worgen curse works - get bitten or scratched, get turned into a worgen, get enslaved by Arugal.

There is no such curse of the Panda.

For instance in Azuremyst Isle where one of the Panda Monks states that he heard an Explosion (which turns out to be the Landing of Exodar)
    This event predates LichKing since it was in BC :P
    If you think Exodar was in Azeroth before the Lich King then you're wrong.

I don't mind Pandas DKs, but I think the less I see them the happier I'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If you think Exodar was in Azeroth before the Lich King then you're wrong.

I don't mind Pandas DKs, but I think the less I see them the happier I'am.
    I'll be totally honest: if it wasn't for their swing and attack animations I probably wouldn't love them as much.

But they're so fucking awesome I just need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    The only reason Worgen and Goblin DKs happened was because they didn't want to prevent players from creating Worgen and Goblin DKs for lore reasons. Lore-wise it made no sense. There were no Worgen and Goblin DKs around WotLK. Period. They added them for gameplay reasons, and they could've done the same thing with the Pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were no Pandaren in Azeroth during the Lich King's reign, so there were no Pandaren to turn into Death Knights. As for Worgens, their excuse is that anybody can be turned into a Worgen right? Maybe the current DK Worgen were Dks first, and were then bitten.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    When the scourge fought in Kalimdor there were no DKs. Arthas returned from Northrend and took control of the remaining scourge shortly after they were defeated at Hyjal. Arthas never went there to raise DKs either since the night elves had restored most of what the scourge destroyed. So then you only have races who fought in the Eastern Kingdoms during TFT available to be killed and raised which are humans, elves and dwarves and gnomes(disqualified due to physical weakness). After that the LK left Kelthuzad in charge in EK and he couldnt raise DKs.

So at the beginning of Wrath these are the only races that fought directly against Arthas and would have been DKs to start out. If you think he would have made more during the course of Wrath when all of the races were in NR, you would have to add lore that they could break away from him in places other than Acherus. So after Wrath more races could be DKs but not goblins or worgen because they werent fighting in NR.

If you follow that people become DKs by voluntarily joining the LK it would also mean NEs and Tauren, and Draenei would not be DKs because the purpose of selling your soul to the LK was for the promise of unholy power which is against the nature of these races as they value nature and light.
    No. The player DK's are people who died at the hands of the Scourge in Andorhall or other places in EPL and WPL. They are people who died against the Scourge invasion in Vanilla. They are people who died against the second Scourge invasion in TBC. They are Argent Dawn soldiers who died fighting Scourge in Stratholme and so on. That's why there were Night Elf, Tauren and Draenei members of the Ebon Blade.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    There were no Pandaren in Azeroth during the Lich King's reign, so there were no Pandaren to turn into Death Knights. As for Worgens, their excuse is that anybody can be turned into a Worgen right? Maybe the current DK Worgen were Dks first, and were then bitten.
    No, the Worgen Death Knights are from SFK and Grizzly Hills.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Blizzard alright put a dagger in lore long ago. They may as well let every race be everything now.

Arthas had too much self respect to turn a Pandarian into a death knight. Duh.

15+ Year Old Account
    There might have been a tiny number of pandas wandering EK/Kalimdor pre Wrath but...

You are a wandering isle pandaren. Born and raised on the wandering isle. Much in the same way that you are a stormwind human or a gnomeregan gnome or an ironforge dwarf or a darkspear troll. You in fact have never had any interaction with the undead before you leave the wandering isle sometime a few months ago.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to think the restriction is a marketing scheme. Remove the restriction sometime down the line in the middle of major progression content and watch the people too lazy to level a new toon Race change. Blizzard gets money, more furries get to enjoy their fetishes. Everybody happy.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Hello there community!
    Before you go "Blarghhhh! no! never! gofcuk urself!" just hear me out!

The main reason why they didnt want DK Pandarens is cuz it would destroy the timeline right?
    Lich King was First > Than the Pandas...
    Well fine :P

But what about those Pandaren who were traveling across the Azeroth?
    We can find them in various places...
    For instance in Azuremyst Isle where one of the Panda Monks states that he heard an Explosion (which turns out to be the Landing of Exodar)
    This event predates LichKing since it was in BC :P
    There was alot of wandering Pandaren across Azeroth~!

Guess Blizz had enough resources to create Panda DKs but went the easier way (so that the community wouldn't be raging about it)

Image names like:
    Mojo PlagueCask
    Fui BaneBrew
    Cho "THE SOUL DISTILLER"

okay I'm out :P let the flame war begin :P
    Well, pandaren walking through Azeroth were very, VERY few. And since there were less pandaren walking around Azeroth at the time of the first Scourge War, that, even IF one of them were killed, they wouldn't be raised as Death Knights because they weren't heroes in the sense of 'living to help people'. They were simple wanderers. Trained, skilled wanderers, but wanderers nonetheless. They never actively participated in the war against the Scourge. Their deaths wouldn't happen on battlefields back then, but rather, on villages, cities, farms... and the Lich King doesn't go to simple farms and villages to raise Death Knights, no. He goes to old battlefields.

Now this is just an educated guess from my part, but I firmly believe the handful of Pandaren across Azeroth back them preferred to keep themselves away from any conflict.

So... for those reasons, I can't see how they should be allowed to be Death Knights.

If Pandaren ever become Death Knights... and it's extremely unlikely... They'll do it the same way they shoehorned Goblin and Worgen in.

Goblin DKs are Steamwheedle and other Cartels. Not the most recent bilgewaters.

Worgen DKs are NOT Gilnean, and they're not even undead. They're Arugal's worgen warriors that he raised in Grizzly Hills.

So maybe the Pandaren could get unique skins that make it clear they aren't pandas and just be explained off as a group of Furbolg who joined Arthas.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    pandaren is ugly in every way possible.. dont get why any1 would play them unless as a monk =P