Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So stealing a pack of gums is ok at Walmart since it is just a dollar anyway?? or break it down even more is stealing something worth 5 cent at Wal mart ok?? I mean it is only 5 cent. ? So where do you drop the line of wrong behavior and call theft for what it is?? what is the gold and dollar amount you consider theft to kick in??? what theft is legal in your opinion??

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 08:59 PM ----------

And i get a lot of fun in kicking you out of the run since no runs needs folks that needs on greens in them,
    Except this isn't stealing. Its a raffle that the system may or may not let you play on equal terms in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    this 'but its a tiny thing only' mentality is what is making my country this shithole, the summ of little things will break the whole, I don't consent with shitheads trying to be 'smart'.
    Not in a computer game it won't.

Your logic doesn't make any sense at all. Blizzard doesn't care about this issue, and it doesn't affect anything in the game other than your 1/25 chance of winning 30g.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The thing that araine doesn't understand is that the pack of gum wasnt walmart's to begin with. No owned the pack of gum, it was simply a random chance of it dropping, in other words: lottery winnings. The people who needed on the green items were simply upping their chances of winning the lottery, while the other people who didnt decided it wasnt necessary to even win, and the gold is trivial anyway.
    That's what you get with self-entitled LFR people! Like the bags of 20ish gold wasn't enough! I thought that'd easily compensate for not winning any greens (most of which are of lesser value).

I'm very disappointed this thread has got 13 pages. My feral bear tickling poll is a lot more exciting than this.
    Last edited by Burgerberg; 2013-02-22 at 09:15 PM.

I votekick them without anyone initiating if they need on greens.

On a side note, is there an addon that auto-shame-announces players that roll need (sort of like failbot)? I bet if that was as popular as DBM a lot fewer players would do it.

It's little wonder why LFR groups are so so bad when you have people crying over unimportant crap in them. The people who are votekicking people for needing a green should votekick themselves for wasting the raid's time.

I need rolled on lockboxes, people got made sometimes and kicked

tbh when I wait sometimes over an hour to get in it's not worth the drama so I just greed on them and lose out all the time because there's generally always someone else who needs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I have about 300k across 3 character, still, I would kick you if you Need on a 20g that I could potentially get.

Every gold matters.
    Quoted for prosperity.

Who is the greedy one again?

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Dick move, but I don't care enough to get my panties in a twist over it. If you're that poor then need the freaking green item...
    Why do people keep on calling it a dick move?

They have just as much a right to need the item as anyone else who click the "Need" button. And considering the level of quality, it's just not worth fretting over.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    It's little wonder why LFR groups are so so bad when you have people crying over unimportant crap in them. The people who are votekicking people for needing a green should votekick themselves for wasting the raid's time.
    What makes LFR groups bad are douchebags who like to use terms like LFRetards.

Those are people I'd agree to votekick even if they didn't need a green.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:27 PM ----------

Why do people keep on calling it a dick move?

They have just as much a right to need the item as anyone else who click the "Need" button. And considering the level of quality, it's just not worth fretting over.
    You have a right to click need. I have a right to click "yes" to the vote kick.

Is not about the item, is about the action.
    If his ilvl is high enough to be in LFR then chances are he don't need such item, by needing it he is being mean with the rest of the group and in consecuence the group is mean with him. is only a couple of gold! who cares?, well he cared since he needed the item.

But again, he was mean with other people and the other people were mean with him, i don't see what is the problem.

It would rub me off the wrong way. I wouldn't do a vote kick on him. While it is a green, it is the principle of the matter and fairness. A lot of people roll greed cause that is the "right thing" to do. Kinda funny on how bad the community according to a lot of people, yet people still are "nice" enough for the most part to roll greed on lock boxes and greens. While it isn't a auto kick for me, it should be one of those things that if people started needed, everyone should need cause everyone IMO should have a shot at the green. It isn't fair that the one person is taking advantage of everyone that isn't being greedy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Which is why we need blizzard to fix the system just like they did when adding the bag of gold on bosses. add D3's loot option where you are the only one that see the BOE that dropped of trash. Coding is already done for this and obviously it is needed to combat the bad behavior of the community that still lingers around in WOW.

The reason we got the gold bag of crap is when folks in heroic DS gear went in LFR and needed on massive downgrades just out of spite ( which is what your attitude on green drops looks like to me) If i have a need button i will need regardless of if i need it or not, basically out of spite. This mentality is what created the current boss loot system in LFR It was wrong in DS and it is wrong today.
    Well, you can continue to roll greed/pass and lose out or join the club, fight fire with fire, and just need. Do you really see this as that big of an issue?

Deleted
    Hey, unbanned already?

It also just goes to show you how entitled and selfish several people are when it comes to this game.
    Sorry, but the person needing on an almost worthless green is the selfish, entitled person, not the ones who don't condone it. Today a worthless green in an LFR, tomorrow an epic in your heroic dungeon run...

Do you feel that in real life the same crime should be punished differently depending of the value of the item that is stolen? Whether you steal a bike or a motorbike, it's still theft. And in the game, why accept someone 'stealing' a green while going nuts if he needed on an epic he didn't need? It's odd. No one should need on a green unless it's an upgrade and I doubt that was the case. He was selfish and entitled, thinking his greed for 20 gold was more important then someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    What makes LFR groups bad are douchebags who like to use terms like LFRetards.
    Yet often the same people blow everyone out of the water with their heals/dps, and if people are struggling they actually help out and suggest ways of improving. Unfortunately the majority of people playing LFR are either 12 or think they're so good that they don't listen and continually wipe.

Those are people I'd agree to votekick even if they didn't need a green.
    Yet you wouldn't know who they are, if they're back in guild chat saying "haha, in LFRetards now... what nubs".

You have a right to click need. I have a right to click "yes" to the vote kick.
    In a rational world, it'd fail. Doubly so if said person is carrying the group and offering advice. But nah, that's less important than a 1/25 chance of winning 30g, obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well, you can continue to roll greed/pass and lose out or join the club, fight fire with fire, and just need. Do you really see this as that big of an issue?
    I don't think this is a big issue. Douchebag rolls need, douchebag gets kick. Pretty standard and really not something that needs a thread on the forum. I believe the OP was the one who thought this was a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Do you feel that in real life the same crime should be punished differently depending of the value of the item that is stolen?
    Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

Whether you steal a bike or a motorbike, it's still theft. And in the game, why accept someone 'stealing' a green while going nuts if he needed on an epic he didn't need? It's odd. No one should need on a green unless it's an upgrade and I doubt that was the case. He was selfish and entitled, thinking his greed for 20 gold was more important then someone elses.
    Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.

*shrug* True democracy rules in the LFR. (True democracy is a terrifying, terrifying thing).

Had I been in the group, I probably wouldn't have started the vote to kick him, but I might have voted yes.

Yet often the same people blow everyone out of the water with their heals/dps, and if people are struggling they actually help out and suggest ways of improving. Unfortunately the majority of people playing LFR are either 12 or think they're so good that they don't listen and continually wipe.
    If my experience, the need rollers are usually at the bottom of the DPS charts leeching.

Doesn't matter to me. I don't kick anyone for being bad. Only for being a douchebag.

Yet you wouldn't know who they are, if they're back in guild chat saying "haha, in LFRetards now... what nubs".
    Nope, I don't know the douchebags who stay quiet. Just the loudmouths like yourself who post trash like "LFRetard" on this forum.

In a rational world, it'd fail. Doubly so if said person is carrying the group and offering advice. But nah, that's less important than a 1/25 chance of winning 30g, obviously!
    You seem to be pretty bent out of shape over 30g.

Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

It isn't worthless, if it was he wouldn't obviously not needed. He can turn it around and make gold, or use DE if he is a enchanter and turn around and use it, so it is far from worthless. People don't need things that are worthless, that is the point of the thing being worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need on greens/lockboxes in lfr, you're a piece of shit. Basically all. And it's not petty to vtk someone who is being a selfish dick for the sake of being a selfish dick. Greens don't matter, really, it's the principle, and what's petty is someone going out of their way to declare something as theirs when the benefit they receive is so small. It's like stealing towels from a hotel and then going, "Oh well, they don't need towels anyway, there's like a thousand more where that came from."
    Look! Words!

If it's worthless, why are you rolling need? And why are you getting so bent out of shape over it? Just stop rolling need and there's no drama. I mean, it's worthless anyway, right?