Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Black Mirror

I felt obliged to recommend this TV show, I'm not sure why, but it is one of the darkest, most fascinating pieces of viewing that I have ever had. Unfortunately the shows are only produced in a mini series, with next Monday's episode being the last in the current series. Each episode is a self-contained parable about technology and the modern world, and the horror it can create, so if you are interested in technology, social media and the like I would heartily advise you watch them. Indeed, even if you aren't that interested the shows still raise very interesting and sometimes uncomfortable questions about morality and modern society.

The show airs on Channel 4 in the UK, and can be found on 4OD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I felt obliged to recommend this TV show, I'm not sure why, but it is one of the darkest, most fascinating pieces of viewing that I have ever had. Unfortunately the shows are only produced in a mini series, with next Monday's episode being the last in the current series. Each episode is a self-contained parable about technology and the modern world, and the horror it can create, so if you are interested in technology, social media and the like I would heartily advise you watch them. Indeed, even if you aren't that interested the shows still raise very interesting and sometimes uncomfortable questions about morality and modern society.

The show airs on Channel 4 in the UK, and can be found on 4OD.
    I just started watching this last night on netflix. It was odd, the season order on Netflix is Season 3, 2, 1 rather than 1, 2, 3. O course before I began watching I really didn't understand the premise, so I read up and discovered that it is an anthology. So I began with Season 3: Episode 1. I fell in love immediately with that one.

I really enjoy how thought provoking the show is. Yeah, it is a mind fuck, and yeah it is dark as hell. But the parallels to reality is what I find really interesting. I only made it through 3 episodes as they are 1 hour each, and I began watching it late at night. But I plan to binge the hell out of this every chance I get.

Rated 5/5 (which is a joke only understood by those who watched S3:E1.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Yep, loved this show. 5/5 rating indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I also just recently watched this after ignoring it for a long time. It's pretty much a modern Twilight Zone, not that that's a bad thing. I liked about 80% of the stories.

There's certain things that are consistent between some of the episodes, you can Google the specifics if you want.

I think my favorite one is where the guy plays the game that makes you live your deepest fears. I like his greatest fear was essentially losing his mind through a series of worse case scenarios inside of worst case scenarios. Probably how the system, if perfect, would play out in real life, except for the end... which was awesomely ironic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I think my favorite one is where the guy plays the game that makes you live your deepest fears. I like his greatest fear was essentially losing his mind through a series of worse case scenarios inside of worst case scenarios. Probably how the system, if perfect, would play out in real life, except for the end... which was awesomely ironic.
    This episode was great. When he first sat in the chair in the white room, I totally called the ending. However throughout the episode, I threw my theory out the window, only for at the end to be right back to where I thought it was going.

The amount of thought that this show offers is great stimulation. I love it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've watched the first season(? 3 episodes) couple of years ago, gotta check up with the newer stuff. I've seen the prime minister pig fuck thing and the weird bicycle money game thing, can't remember what the 3rd episode was.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also loved the show. 5/5 from me as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Time to dust off this thread, new season coming [hopefully] soon.

BEST SHIT EVER!!!!
    My reaction after watching the first episode.
    Really good show, but don't make the same mistake as me and watch it all in 2-3 days

Criminally underrated show. The problem with British shows, though, is that the new seasons are so far apart that people lose track of it between seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Time to dust off this thread, new season coming [hopefully] soon.[/CENTER]
    Damn I am so disappointed that this trailer doesnt show a release date.... Black Mirror is THE science/fiction show atm for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Criminally underrated show. The problem with British shows, though, is that the new seasons are so far apart that people lose track of it between seasons.
    That is sadly true but brits seem to be used to that (looking at you Red Dwarf!)

Deleted
    Supposedly there's a book dropping with the next season as well.

Can't wait.

How similar is the rest of the show to the bryce dallas howard episode?

The orange haired lady that goes crazy trying to get her social media score up to be able to go to her best friends wedding.

I thought the episode was great but unsure if the rest of the series was that quality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How similar is the rest of the show to the bryce dallas howard episode?

The orange haired lady that goes crazy trying to get her social media score up to be able to go to her best friends wedding.

I thought the episode was great but unsure if the rest of the series was that quality
    As in the rest of the show or the rest of the third season? Personally I thought it belonged to the lower tier of that season, as well as overall.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    As in the rest of the show or the rest of the third season? Personally I thought it belonged to the lower tier of that season, as well as overall.
    Just in general. Are there any stinker seasons or are they all strong/good?

That was one of the weaker ones you thought? Is that because of the hysteria in the episode? I thought we are only a few years away from that reality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just in general. Are there any stinker seasons or are they all strong/good?

That was one of the weaker ones you thought? Is that because of the hysteria in the episode? I thought we are only a few years away from that reality
    Season 3 was for me the weakest season. Except for San Junipero. Just holy shit. Playtest was also pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Season 3 was for me the weakest season. Except for San Junipero. Just holy shit. Playtest was also pretty good.
    I found season 3 to be the strongest actually. Besides White Christmas and 15 Million Merits I found the rest of the first two seasons "merely" great.

Deleted
    Season 3 has some of the strongest ("San Junipero" and "Shut Up and Dance") and some of the weakest ("Playtest" and "Men Against Fire") Black Mirror episodes imo.

Season 1 was pretty consistent all the way through, and Season 2 has White Bear and that's about it.

White Christmas is its own thing despite people trying to force it into Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Season 3 has some of the strongest ("San Junipero" and "Shut Up and Dance") and some of the weakest ("Playtest" and "Men Against Fire") Black Mirror episodes imo.
    I liked both Playtest and Men Against Fire, especially the latter, more than, say, Be Right Back or The Entire History of You.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playtest was the one with the video game right? I think that was one of the better ones too. The problem is that i dont a lot of people get it unless they watch it twice.

I also liked Men Against Fire though one of the most basic sci-fi scenarios of the bunch.

Resident Cosplay Progressive