Poll: Would you play an Ogre / Like them to become playable?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ide say thats a given though, no matter what race gets added, from now on they will be relatively high quality in comparison to the others, its within blizzards power.
    I understand that, Im just saying it would require much more work than other races in the past to make them look good enough for me to want to play.

Anyone saying 'Ogre's are too dumb' just look at Cho'gal, one of the most powerful mages ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc-ogre hybrids from the Mok'Nathal clan could work instead. But they are mostly extinct. They are smaller than full Ogres and also more intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Anyone saying 'Ogre's are too dumb' just look at Cho'gal, one of the most powerful mages ever.
    The ones saying that are the same as the ones saying that Orcs are savages and that the Horde is evil.

Orc-ogre hybrids from the Mok'Nathal clan could work instead. But they are mostly extinct. They are smaller than full Ogres and also more intelligent.
    Bilgewater Goblins learnt us that Blizzard don't really care about the number of remaining individuals of a people when it comes to playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was a 2-headed ogre. 2-headed ogres are the ones Gul'dan made to be mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, no doubt at all
    I love them more than Trolls I admit, or Taurens
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

wouldn't really see the point at this stage of the game. Unless they were given some borderline OP racials for my favored class it wouldn't really be worth it.

Sorry, but a single Ogre personally trained by Gul'dan does not make Ogres as a race intelligent.
    They're stupid.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Sorry, but a single Ogre personally trained by Gul'dan does not make Ogres as a race intelligent.
    They're stupid.
    Ogri'la.

Right there we have more intelligent Ogres pre-Cata than we had intelligent Worgen.

And Worgen are already playable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'd question the intelligence of a nihilistic, chaos-worshiping, wantonly vicious madman (madmen?) whose repertoire of past deeds consists entirely of defeat and failure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Ogri'la.

Right there we have more intelligent Ogres pre-Cata than we had intelligent Worgen.

And Worgen are already playable.
    Their enlightenment was due to the Apexis crystals.

I'd make one, cause I make at least one of everything, but I wouldn't say it is a race I am hoping gets in.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. I'd get a big stompy ogre warrior or something and go crush stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing some running around but not for me, personally.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Depends what Alliance would get

I could see myself making an Ogre Warrior just because of their massive size.

Would I play one? No. Would I like to see them available as options? Sure, why not?

I mean, look at trolls, 99% of them are bad and the one good tribe is part of the Horde, and ogres have long since been members of the Horde historically. Sure, Ogres aren't going to be rocking the world of engineering like Goblins, but I would say most are only slightly less intelligent than your average Orc or Tauren, and the two headed varieties have already been show to be just as intelligent (if not more) and capable of magic. You show one how to ride a mount or pilot something, I'm sure they could manage. Or if you really want, just limit the classes to favor the more physical ones or ones already seen in-game: warrior, shaman, lock, mage. For others, monks I suppose since it's just more bashing and they do brew stuff (gee they brew and cook their food, capable of some intelligence), rogues would be a bit hard to justify since like Tauren, they just aren't sneaky, but they are physical. Then just lock out the light-affiliated classes of priests and paladins along with druids and you have a decent mix of classes to go with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

Ogre Warrior + Bloodlust.

Good memories.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really interested, no. Unfortunately, the impression they leave at this point is slow and not-very-bright, WC3 notwithstanding. I suspect after the initial "oh boy" moment in the sun when new, they'd eventually settle into one of the least played races in the game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'd love to play one. We've already seen ogres in full armor, ogre warriors, mages, shaman, warlocks. They would probably make decent priests, too. Paladins: no. Monks: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And they could be rogues ONLY IF their stealth mode is them walking around crouched with their hands over their eyes, going "Can't see me!"
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.