Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i really dislike the mentality in lfr/lfd groups, like you said OP, ppl are kicking others for needing on greens or lockboxes. its not like we arent getting bloody 50 greens a day or anything xD

we need to stop being so upset over a few pixels, ok you didnt get the loot or some melee dps needed on an item you wanted and got it. it will drop again and you will get it eventually! =3

Deleted
    It happens so often that it's a common practice to just boot the retard. Some people keep needing on any greens that drop in LFR in order to sell/disenchant them themselves, which is basically stealing from the other 24, so from my point of view these dicks don't deserve anything but a kick (in the balls).

It doesn't matter if it's GREEN or any other color, stealing should not go unpunished.

It's not about the item, nobody cares about a green item.
    It's about the attitude of someone who feels entitled of something which is not his to decide.

I am the first to vote against someone who needed on a item that he didn't need. And I'd say about 50% of people needing on greens in lfr get kicked.

If you want to take that risk over 30g, that's your choice. But don't complain here. Even if this reaction is in no relation to the value or completely uncomprehensable to you, you know what could happen if you need, and it easily can be avoided by hitting greed.

And to those who are saying it's just a green item: Well, it's just a LFR raid. You can requeue any time, and you can use the queue time to farm even more green items that you seem so desperately to need.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?
    Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.

ridiculous. people still claim that it's stealing, though blizzard asserts time and time again that this is how their game is meant to be played.
    Sig by Populaire

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post

Not necessarily. A player using the "Need" or "Greed" rolling option to win a loot roll (including rolls for off-spec items) is not breaking any rule, and is simply using the loot mechanics as designed.

ridiculous. people still claim that it's stealing, though blizzard asserts time and time again that this is how their game is meant to be played.
    Blizzard also said getting kick for any reason doesn't break any rule too.
    They basically want the not be restrictive on what player should or allowed to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    i really dislike the mentality in lfr/lfd groups, like you said OP, ppl are kicking others for needing on greens or lockboxes. its not like we arent getting bloody 50 greens a day or anything xD

we need to stop being so upset over a few pixels, ok you didnt get the loot or some melee dps needed on an item you wanted and got it. it will drop again and you will get it eventually! =3
    So you dislike the mentality of the group of people it takes to agree on kicking the ninja looter, but you have no problem at all with the guy who knowingly starts shit by taking an item he doesn't need?

That ... hmm. That's something, alright.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    They are strawman arguments. You're saying I'm crying about being kicked, when I never even have... clearly trying to misinterpret me.
    Sir, you are crying right now and were crying the first time you've written something here.
    Because it's too trivial of a thing to worry about someone needing it. Because the option is there to roll for it. It's free gold. There's nothing stopping you from rolling need on a lockbox, or various greens for your class.
    If it is so trivial as you claim, there shouldn't be any kind of reason to need on them, yet you HAVE to need on them because obviously otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. You say they are worthless and trivial, yet you NEED on them which invalidates your whole claim.
    No, it doesn't. You're trying to exaggerate the amount you actually get selling greens to make it more important than it is. A green will net you on average, 16 - 30g. You are not going to win them all the time if other people roll greed too, they are not going to drop all the time so don't give me this BS about "easily adding up" because it doesn't. You earn more gold doing several dailies than you would with greens from LFR for months and months.
    The speed it adds up isn't important, it adds up and they drop quite frequently. During a single LFD alone you usually have severel drop. The person needing on all of them walks out of the dungeon with 100-200 extra gold. Don't give me the whole "they're worthless" you needing on them invalidates that claim and clearly show that you are lying through your teeth.
    It doesn't. It's pure math. The reason someone would roll need is because it's free gold, the same reason you're rolling greed. But don't think it's because it's for any substantial gain.
    Oh please, you can't have both. First you say they are worthless, than you admit people do it for the extra gold. Mind deciding on either one? Either they are worthless and there is no need for you to be a douchebag or they are worth something you have to need on them and we have to rid ourselves of you.
    Yes, yes, I'm suddenly a thief and a douchebag because I think this whole thing is trivial and you're crying over perhaps the most inefficient method of gold farming. If you are in badly need of gold, then do dailies, play the auction house, etc.
    No you are a thieve and douchebag because you deprave the rest of the group of their chance at the item you're ninjaing. And your advice goes right back to you, if you need the gold the item rewards so badly you can go do quests instead, but ofc you can't be bothered to do that.

...yeah, that doesn't apply here. i didn't qq about anything so not sure where you were going with that by quoting me.
    False, you were QQing. You came into this thread to QQ about all those mean people kicking "your friends" from LFR just because they're ninjas. How dare they!
    needing is a usable function in game, period. are people really so paranoid to think blizzard maintains the need function in lfr for mindgames, allowing players to differentiate the bad from the good? i just don't get it. some folks need to reevaluate the way that they judge players for their actions.
    What kind of tinfoil hat theory is that? Nobody ever claimed anything remotely close to that. And how people judge someone is completly up to them. You wouldn't argue that the kid stealing from a store is actually a nice guy and how dare the shop owner disliking it because it's only a few dollars worth the kid was stealing! By your logic stealing isn't bad as long as you steal small ammounts and people disliking it are obviously uptight and just want to stirr shit up.

The loot system was introduced back in Wotlk and hardly ever reworked since then, it's the same reason why Warriors/Paladins can still roll need on agility stuff and I as resto shaman could roll on strenght items. Items that do not benefit me in any kind of way. Because Blizzard couldn't be bothered to update it so far.

This isn't about "the good and the bad" it's about common courtesy, decency and not being an egoistic douchebag. A great many people don't want to play with those and if they don't want you can't force them. If you or your "friends" are kicked for your behavior you should rethink what you are doing and stop crying about the people not wanting you in their groups.

Obviously you and the other ninjas are unable to do so. So instead you keep stroking each others ego telling each other your behavior is right and just. Power Ninjas Assemble!

[/COLOR]

Adds up to what? How many greens have you won in LFR? Assuming everyone rolls greed, you have a 1/25 chance of getting it. Greens do not drop every single run either.

That people find this as some kind of moral outrage is HILARIOUS.
    ive been lucky enough to win 5 greens in a row on a greed roll in lfr

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why especially as a tank? I tank almost every LFR AS MY MAGE (because baddies don't know how to get aggro) and it goes pretty smooth.

Literally, every time the MT gets banished on Gara'jal, I'll immediately get aggro.
    then you should learn to wait a few seconds or watch ur threat

lets put it this way i can go into lfd on my hunter and need on any trinket/neck/ring i want since the need option is highlighted im not stealing it but needing on a strength/int item is a dick move but its not ninjaing same can be done in lfr EVERY1 can need on green rings/necks/lockboxed only thing ive seen ppl need on tho are the lock boxes
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-02-24 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need on greens I'll do everything I can to get you kicked.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

The definition of a ninja looter is someone who is masterlooting items to himself without abiding the loot rules that were agreed to at the beginning of the raid. Technically you cant ninja loot unless you are using master looter.

Waiting to see if everyone else rolls greed on an item and then rolling need to win the item because you either want to take it(like lockboxes or orbs) or because you think the other people dont think the item is important enough to need on doesnt really have a name. Neither does needing for offspec when a main spec character needs an item.

All Blizzard's statement says is that hitting the need button when it is available isnt breaking the rules of the game. Its like saying carrying a stereo out of a store doesnt break the laws of physics. But if you dont pay for it its stealing. Needing on boes that you obviously dont need breaks the social rules of the game that agree that its only fair that everyone has a chance to win unusable items to make gold of of.

10+ Year Old Account
    It annoys me a lot, lockboxes more-so, which really shouldn't have a need option to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Imo they should but the need option should be removed when the item is a lower ilvl than your equipped gear and winning the roll makes it bop.
    Needing BoEs makes then BoP while you're in a dungeon finder group already, that was added part way through Cata I believe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I probably wouldn't have noticed, but every time a kick vote pops up on my screen I decline it unless the person obviously needs to be kicked. As far as greens go I usually just click in the general area trying to get it off my screen I've probably needed on a few from not paying attention, 8-12 g is nothing to get worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    These two statements say a lot. First, you are saying that stealing is ok, as long as it's "not even worth much". Second, you are making a distinction between real life and a game, but that is moot. In either real life or a game, you are disrespecting real people. People that are spending the same amount of time and effort as you. Why do you think you have the right to take from someone else?

And are you really offended that someone would judge you based upon your actions?
    No, it isn't moot. How people act in a game, or even on an internet message board, says nothing about how they may act or might be like in real life. I've known RL people who like to troll other people on the internet, but if you sit down and have a beer with them, they are fantastic people. Take your head out of the sand please and get back to real life please. People like you have spent so much time playing computer games that you've lost perspective. Rolling Need in a LFR != someone being a bad person, especially considering the fact you don't know how they are like IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Haha, no man. We all know what a green item is. You keep repeating yourself to people and treating it like we're MAKING you repeat yourself. Problem is, you haven't actually given a reason yet. You justify your actions with selfish reasoning, but no one's asking you about the item. We're asking you why you're rolling need on it in the first place.
    I did give a reason. I've given it a few times already.

You're contradicting the shit out of yourself over and over. "Its not worth much!" So don't roll need on it.
    How's it a contradiction when I say that the person is rolling on need just because they can, and not because the item is of any value? Seems like people can't read properly.

You realize by viewing this thread (among countless other obvious methods) that those who're actually needing are the choice minority. Instead of doing something you KNOW may cause drama (Aka griefing, whether you want to admit it or not) just play along and be the team player. Everyone's got their own shit going on. Why not help make it as smooth as possible?
    The majority of the playerbase don't post or even read the forums. Most of the group would not give a damn about a green item. The majority of people here have lost perspective and are so uptight that they are complaining over a green item.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sir, you are crying right now and were crying the first time you've written something here.
    Don't deflect from your crying now. =)

If it is so trivial as you claim, there shouldn't be any kind of reason to need on them, yet you HAVE to need on them because obviously otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion. You say they are worthless and trivial, yet you NEED on them which invalidates your whole claim.
    Since when did it have to be non trivial for someone to roll need? As I said, the option is there... I can roll need because I can, not because I think the item actually has much value (because it doesn't). It doesn't invalidate anything, you are making stuff up, making out I'm saying one thing when I am saying another.

Do you really think most people are rolling need for it because they "need" it? How naive are you?

The speed it adds up isn't important, it adds up and they drop quite frequently. During a single LFD alone you usually have severel drop. The person needing on all of them walks out of the dungeon with 100-200 extra gold. Don't give me the whole "they're worthless" you needing on them invalidates that claim and clearly show that you are lying through your teeth.
    Bullcrap. I'm not talking about LFD, I am talking about LFR. Let's do the math:

Assume 4 greens drop per run, and each green is 20 gold.
    Assume everyone is rolling greed.

There is a 1/25 (or a 4%) chance of getting 20 gold. There is a (1/25)^4 chance to win all four items. Which amounts to a 0.000256% chance of winning 80 gold. Thus, giving you the most inefficient method of gold farming. So don't tell me it adds up quickly or some other kind of crap, because the odds are stacked against you and the math shows it hardly a drop in the ocean. You get more gold on those bags, or doing dailies. But I suppose I'm lying through my teeth, the math must be lying too!

Oh please, you can't have both. First you say they are worthless, than you admit people do it for the extra gold. Mind deciding on either one? Either they are worthless and there is no need for you to be a douchebag or they are worth something you have to need on them and we have to rid ourselves of you.
    Yes you can. They are relatively worthless, but it's free gold. Whether someone rolls need on it or not is inconsequential. It doesn't matter. It doesn't affect your gameplay. It's just you whining over 15 - 30g.

No you are a thieve and douchebag because you deprave the rest of the group of their chance at the item you're ninjaing. And your advice goes right back to you, if you need the gold the item rewards so badly you can go do quests instead, but ofc you can't be bothered to do that.
    You don't know me IRL, and are judging me for "ninjaing" something of extremely small value. Something which you may not get anyway!

You're obviously the biggest crybaby here because you're calling everyone who disagrees with you a douchebag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The definition of a ninja looter is someone who is masterlooting items to himself without abiding the loot rules that were agreed to at the beginning of the raid. Technically you cant ninja loot unless you are using master looter.

Waiting to see if everyone else rolls greed on an item and then rolling need to win the item because you either want to take it(like lockboxes or orbs) or because you think the other people dont think the item is important enough to need on doesnt really have a name. Neither does needing for offspec when a main spec character needs an item.

All Blizzard's statement says is that hitting the need button when it is available isnt breaking the rules of the game. Its like saying carrying a stereo out of a store doesnt break the laws of physics. But if you dont pay for it its stealing. Needing on boes that you obviously dont need breaks the social rules of the game that agree that its only fair that everyone has a chance to win unusable items to make gold of of.
    And so the same rules apply for kicking! There is an option for kicking, im using it to vote to kick some random guy who needs greens. Am i at fault? no! Its made like this by blizzard so i can kick annyone for anny reason i please.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    False, you were QQing. You came into this thread to QQ about all those mean people kicking "your friends" from LFR just because they're ninjas. How dare they!

What kind of tinfoil hat theory is that? Nobody ever claimed anything remotely close to that. And how people judge someone is completly up to them. You wouldn't argue that the kid stealing from a store is actually a nice guy and how dare the shop owner disliking it because it's only a few dollars worth the kid was stealing! By your logic stealing isn't bad as long as you steal small ammounts and people disliking it are obviously uptight and just want to stirr shit up.

The loot system was introduced back in Wotlk and hardly ever reworked since then, it's the same reason why Warriors/Paladins can still roll need on agility stuff and I as resto shaman could roll on strenght items. Items that do not benefit me in any kind of way. Because Blizzard couldn't be bothered to update it so far.

This isn't about "the good and the bad" it's about common courtesy, decency and not being an egoistic douchebag. A great many people don't want to play with those and if they don't want you can't force them. If you or your "friends" are kicked for your behavior you should rethink what you are doing and stop crying about the people not wanting you in their groups.
    okay, it's pointless trying to argue a point to someone who can't seem to comprehend what i'm trying to say. y'all have fun getting bent out of shape over people crossing these imaginary social rules constructed in the minds of a community of players who don't care about the way the game company intended their game to be played. people will continue to have fun with the game on your behalf, trust me.
    Sig by Populaire

Deleted
    So your question is why do people care that someone needs on something he doesn't need?

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 08:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post

I don't care about that definition, that is bullcrap.

If something drops in a 5-man dungeon there are certain unwritten rules we have about who it goes to, and if a heal paladin needs on a piece of plate tank gear he ninjas it from the actual tank. Period.

A GREEN ITEM. Its not like it was a blue or even an epic. It was GREEN. Why anyone would get upset and demand to boot the guy because of that is just beyond me.
    Using that same logic, if it has no value, why would *anyone* ninja it? Think of it this way. How many gold drops in a typical raid in greens? 50? 100? Now, multiply that number by every lfr you've ran in mop. Now, who were you saying has too much of an entitlement feeling? The people who kick for ninja dick moves? Give me a break.

I never initiate a kick for a ninja on greens, but I'll sure as heck vote in favor of a kick.

Deleted
    You have a right to ninja green item. I have a right to votekick you for being a greedy douchebag. It's few seconds for me to initiate vote kick. For you it's usually more than 40 minutes.

Deleted
    @Heidelstein
    You don't know me IRL, and are judging me for "ninjaing" something of extremely small value. Something which you may not get anyway!

You're obviously the biggest crybaby here because you're calling everyone who disagrees with you a douchebag.
    people don't give a fuck who you are in real life,if you act like a douche in game you'll be judged like a douche.
    a green item is something of extremely small value,but 'respect'..how long has it been since this word crossed your mind?seeing your posts I wonder if it ever did.
    This thing called respect has a bit more value then a green item,and when you decide you somehow deserve this item more then the rest of your raid group you step all over it.

Yes. That's why people who steal a wad of gum don't get years in jail, unlike armed robbers holding up a bank.

1 <---- You.
    0 <---- Perspective.

Get some.

Because it's a green and nigh on worthless?

We should tar and feather people who steal pocket lint.

guess you have missed that several states have 3 strikes laws on the book, And the courts can charge you with felony petty theft for such trivial things like a pack of gum or in this case

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/apr...-thief20120424

Soda from a machine at mcdonalds worth no more than a dollar at the most. We have a case in California also high lighted in the story above where stealing a slice of pizza gave you a life sentence.

So yes small petty crimes do in some cases end up being turned into a life sentence or a sentence that is basically armed robbery of a 7-11.