Poll: Will the sequester result in a "Pearl Harbor II"?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"Hawaii Governor warns that sequestration will make Pearl Harbor less secure"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/h...-politics.html

Is anyone else concerned about this? I've heard that sequestration is 85 BILLION in cuts to future spending increases. Do you think this might leave us vulnerable to the Japanese?

my mind is full of wat

we nuked them twice already. im sure if they get froggy we can do it again. just the fear of us being able to will keep them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    we nuked them twice already. im sure if they get froggy we can do it again. just the fear of us being able to will keep them in check.
    Or, you know, the fact that they aren't a fanatic feodal society with moder weaponry anymore, but a cradle of technology and global business? I daresay Japan won't attack you, and you having nukes has jack shit to do with that.

I didn't know Pearl Harbor was at risk by the Empire of Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading this article in a half sleep made me get angry, but not for the reason you think. I kind of missed that the governor's name was Neil Abercrombie, so when reading it I was like "Who gives a fuck what a clothing retail store thinks?!"

But on topic ... I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about Pearl Harbor being attacked. But I will eat my shoe if that happens.

Hes right it could make it less secure..... from an attack that is never going to happen.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I got the same thing with Ambercrombie.

But yeah if anything it's China they'd be worrying about, with the focus on fleets in the pacific and recent posturing and all that. I really don't think the security of Pearl Harbor is something to get too worried about though. If China, or anyone else, was going to invade the US (they're not) that's not going to change their mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post

There will come a day in which arrogance like this will end. You are just begging for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked, the US actually defends Japan with our own Military since we forced them to abandon any military funding after WWII...

So no, I don't think Pearl Harbor is going to be attacked by the very people we now protect with out own military.

Last time I checked Malaysia and the Philipines aren't much of a hostile force to be reckoned with either, and China really doesn't give enough of a fuck to attack us since they pretty much own us as it is.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Why has no one mentioned North Korea?

They've been flexing their nuclear program for years now. They hate America. They aren't able yet to carry a payload to Hawaii, but if they ever are I'd be worried if I was the governor of Hawaii as well since they're the closest high profile American target to Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    There will come a day in which arrogance like this will end. You are just begging for it.
    There will come a day when you realize that will never happen. Sad, but true.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post

Is anyone else concerned about this? I've heard that sequestration is 85 BILLION in cuts to future spending increases. Do you think this might leave us vulnerable to the Japanese?
    The Japanese Self-Defense Force is roughly as relevant a danger to the US as smallpox.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Why has no one mentioned North Korea?

They've been flexing their nuclear program for years now. They hate America. They aren't able yet to carry a payload to Hawaii, but if they ever are I'd be worried if I was the governor of Hawaii as well since they're the closest high profile American target to Asia.
    Their nuclear program produces maybe one barely-working nuke a year, and you can almost flip a coin to determine whether or not it'll even make it ten miles offshore before giving out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    The Japanese DEFENCE force is a joke, no way they can take on the USA's 13 carrier groups.

Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post

"Cuts to future spending increases" is worded so vaguely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they meant Pearl Harbor would be less secure from anyone wanting to attack it, not the Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    But I will eat my shoe if that happens.
    Left or right, and which pair exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Left or right, and which pair exactly?
    I'll eat my left $19.99 Champion sneaker, the one that's falling apart from long-term use.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They make it sound like Pearl Harbor is the sole recipient of cuts and that they are struggling to fend off attacks on a daily basis.

Ehhhh... Im never really worried about being attacked in the 808.. But, we are a high profile target especially if it comes from North Korea..we have a shit ton of military bases based off our land mass, and mostly anything that has to do with the pacific comes from here... and this has nothing to do with the Japanese as they are really, really nice people..