Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    So anyways. All this talk about Gun Proposal and the fierce debate back and forth. Obviously their is some heated conflict. I'm curious purely in a hypothetical situation. (so do not explode with rage) I'm curious to what Pro Gun Owners would do if the old ban was put back into place. (Please kindly do not foam at the mouth screaming at me it will never happen) remember, this is a hypothetical situation.

I saw Alex Jones and other people talking about they would start shooting people. I'm honestly interested if they decide to ban all assault weapons and there was no legal war against it. Would you accept the ban or would you protest, refuse to return in you're weapons. The reason I'm interested because I'm curious of how many people will actually go rogue and attack our own Gov as Alex Jones has been put on suggestion a civil war would break out. Any Responsible Gun Owner may reply to this question.
    The current bill doesn't bother me too much. I'm strictly against it because I do not think it will work, but as far as protesting it I would stop at complaining from time to time. However, if the bans progressed to trying to take weapons away from law-abiding citizens altogether, I'd fight that with every legal means available to me. Outright shooting people for it? No. I'm not a psycho. I don't protest people taking my guns away by shooting them with my guns, because that only justifies their position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary Rapper and activist Immortal Technique on the state of gun ownership in this country on the Alex Jones (yeah, yeah lol) show.

@ 30 min 44 sec

Tech says a lot of poignant things during the entire interview.
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-02-24 at 12:01 AM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    I'm loving this new trend of gun companies(makers, dealers, accessory vendors) that have stopped selling to the police items banned from civilian ownership or sale in their state.
    The companies don't do business with the police in the first place. Learn to see from through false advertisement.

Social commentary!

Whats the smoking age in the US anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    18 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    18, unless there is a special circumstance I don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Its 18 but its easy as hell to get them earlier. Easier than alcohol at least.

A .22 is a "Real" gun, having been shot with a .22, sling shot, pellet gun, paint ball gun, air soft gun and rock salts.

The rock salts did hurt far more but the .22 cause much more damage as it had to be cut out of my back.

As far as "No such thing" as military intelligence, all I can say is I disagree we supply the intel then the politicians and generals decide what to do with it. We as analysts can not be held responsible for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Social commentary!
    http://i.imgur.com/cOi3taE.jpg

"5 days? But I'm mad now!"

Comprehensive background checks, as well as registration for all firearms for all firearm sales, even just changing hands, should be necessary. No reason for them not to be.

Also Laize, it's good to see you sticking to your guns (no pun intended) when insisting that a .22 is a toy. And by good, I mean unfortunate that it's so darn hard for anyone on the internet to concede a point ever.

The second amendment was made in a time in history when guns were single shot barrel loaders that had less power and accuracy than a .22. A .22 makes a barrel loader look like a super soaker.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-02-24 at 02:54 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    The companies don't do business with the police in the first place. Learn to see from through false advertisement.

Cheaper Than Dirt, CMMG, Barrett, Bravo Company USA/BCM, LaRue Tactical, J&T Distributing, Midway USA, Olympic Arms, and Spikes Tactical have all done business with many police departments.
    Last edited by Extrazero8; 2013-02-24 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    The second amendment was made in a time in history when guns were single shot barrel loaders that had less power and accuracy than a .22. A .22 makes a barrel loader look like a super soaker.
    Not trying to help the .22 is a toy argument (it's not...) but a .75 caliber ball from a flintflock will seriously ruin your day, even at 150 meters.

In fact, I would bet on it being worse.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2013-02-24 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Legendary Rapper and activist Immortal Technique on the state of gun ownership in this country on the Alex Jones (yeah, yeah lol) show.

@ 30 min 44 sec

Tech says a lot of poignant things during the entire interview.
    Thanks for linking this, it was actually a really good interview. Personally, I don't like a lot about the way Alex Jones 'debates' (even though I do agree with him on some things) - such as the way he tends to cut off the person he's interviewing, talking over them, etc, including that interview (even though I don't think he's trying to be rude, that's just how he is) - but Immortal Technique was really good. I'd never heard of him before this video, but he's obviously an intelligent, well-informed individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    .22's are very deadly indeed in skilled hands. It would be my choice of caliber in a SHTF situation due to the common availability of the round...
    Not so much right now.

For example, CTD's listing for .22lr has 146 entries, but 139 of them are out of stock. 1 of the 7 remaining items is some 500fps subsonic rounds (which are relatively worthless for use in a semi-automatic) and the other 6 cost between $12 and $40 per 50 round pack.

Yes, that's almost a dollar per round. For 22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its 18 but its easy as hell to get them earlier. Easier than alcohol at least.
    Wait - 18 for smokes but 21 for alcohol... And 17 to join the army?

Yes. I believe 17 requires parents permission to join the army, but still legal.

America!

I don't know about the 17 thing though. I imagine that precludes combat roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Yes I support this move. The less guns = the better. Countries with less guns have lower gun deaths and that's a FACT. I don't care about so called "responsible guns owner"s and whatever. This country has a gun problem, and it will only get worse untill we do something about it. I'm so SICK of the people who say assault rifles and freaking weapons that can kill masses in seconds are not the problem. You kind of people constantly setup the right type of environment for these type of situations to happen because of your attitude of "Well I did not do it, but that crazy guy did, so everyone should be able to still own assault rifles and guns lolololol".

Yeah lets just arm everyone. Yes we will have more stories of people who stopped someone from shooting people, but we will also have 2, 3, 4-fold more gun deaths along with that number.

right....and countries with less cars have less vehicle related deaths....and countries with less knives have less knife related deaths..pointless and moronically obvious facts ftw! Bans simply dont work when society in general does not support it, see: Prohibition, see also: Drugs...and you can ban and form laws all you want, there are those that will break the law for their own gain, I think theres some term for it...oh yeah..criminals

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:06 AM ----------

In most States you can drink and purchase smokes with military ID, regardless of age..same as in Canada

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    right....and countries with less cars have less vehicle related deaths....and countries with less knives have less knife related deaths..pointless and moronically obvious facts ftw! Bans simply dont work when society in general does not support it, see: Prohibition, see also: Drugs...and you can ban and form laws all you want, there are those that will break the law for their own gain, I think theres some term for it...oh yeah..criminals[COLOR="red"]
    So you think bans have no effect? I think we would drink a hell of lot less if prohibition were still in existence today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    So you think bans have no effect? I think we would drink a hell of lot less if prohibition were still in existence today.
    Bans do have an effect, but they are largely negative effects. During Prohibition for example, the price of alcohol obviously went way up, and gangsters took over the industry overnight. (exactly the same as drugs, and guns if that ever happened - which it won't) Alcohol wasn't 'impossible' to get, it was just more expensive, but still widely available. Drunks didn't disappear; there were still lower-class citizens addicted to alcohol getting by any way they could, they certainly didn't stop drinking. Hell, they probably ended up turning to crime (robbery, etc) to fund their addiction, much the same way that drug users of today do - BECAUSE it was more expensive (and already illegal/risky) to fund a habit they already had. I haven't seen statistical research in that area to support that supposition, but it is logical.

I feel like far too many people ignore history. Bans on practically anything when it comes to individual 'freedom' to choose always have negative outcomes. Government does not always know best. (in fact, it seems that most of the time they're completely wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Bans do have an effect, but they are largely negative effects. During Prohibition for example, the price of alcohol obviously went way up, and gangsters took over the industry overnight. (exactly the same as drugs, and guns if that ever happened - which it won't) Alcohol wasn't 'impossible' to get, it was just more expensive, but still widely available. Drunks didn't disappear; there were still lower-class citizens addicted to alcohol getting by any way they could, they certainly didn't stop drinking. Hell, they probably ended up turning to crime (robbery, etc) to fund their addiction, much the same way that drug users of today do - BECAUSE it was more expensive (and already illegal/risky) to fund a habit they already had. I haven't seen statistical research in that area to support that supposition, but it is logical.

I feel like far too many people ignore history. Bans on practically anything when it comes to individual 'freedom' to choose always have negative outcomes. Government does not always know best. (in fact, it seems that most of the time they're completely wrong)
    Prohibition outlawed ALL alcohol.

Assault weapons bans outlaw a SUBSET of guns.

The two are not analogous at all.