Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My parents let me have Soda (the most unhealthy thing ever) over those.

Also when I read the post title I knew exactly what the drink was going to be.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, never really thought they tasted good though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    And these. How is it acceptable to sell this stuff to children?

omg I miss those.. Even at age 8-10 when I used to get them when I could, I knew they were bad for me lol

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 07:18 AM ----------

And these. How is it acceptable to sell this stuff to children?

omg I miss those.. Even at age 8-10 when I used to get them when I could, I knew they were bad for me lol

And yes, we called those barrels "Quarter waters" and used to get them up at the little store in my old neighborhood.

I used to love those things...but not as much as:

R.I.P.

Oh I used to drink the crap out of those things when I was a kid. Still do on occasion for the nostalgia.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I haven't seen them in quite a while, though they were shown in a PBS documentary last month. I don't think I ever had one, nor can I fathom putting something like that in my body. But apparently as kids we thought they were pretty good. Did a lot of people enjoy these tiny barrels of nuclear waste?

What is so bad about them? I'm assuming they're just bottled sugar?

Which makes them identical to almost every food kids eat nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Byance View Post
    I used to drink the blue because it was my favorite color.
    Now looking at these again, those don't look like bottles. Especially that red one...
    LMFAO, I cried laughing at this.

OT: Koolaid, all day, errrday, poor mans drink. I could live off that and Top Raman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yes, I remember them but Kool Aid was cheaper so we drank that. The only time I can recall having one of the items you posted was when someones parents dropped them off for a soccer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I used to love those things...but not as much as:

R.I.P.
    OMG ECTO COOLER!!!! I remember drinking that all the time. The barrel drinks known as Hugs, we used to drink those when I went camping with my parents. Would drink those or offbrand pop. Dr. Thunder anyone? Wal-Mart brand of Dr. Pepper.

Sometimes. They weren't really that good. I'm not a fan of drinks that, even after drinking them, I can't tell what flavor they were supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I remember those barrel drinks and squeezer drinks with the shitty twist-tops that were a pain in the ass for small hands to tear off. We didn't have those candy gel tubes, though.

Yep I've drank those. Most of the artificial shit is bad for you, it just takes years to find out sometimes Those fruit squeeze drinks were terrible as well. I drank more house made coolaid which is nearly as bad. Hell it was the 80's and 90's we did way worse shit than drink those things lol. Radiation be damned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yep I've drank those. Most of the artificial shit is bad for you, it just takes years to find out sometimes Those fruit squeeze drinks were terrible as well. I drank more house made coolaid which is nearly as bad. Hell it was the 80's and 90's we did way worse shit than drink those things lol. Radiation be damned.
    Seriously!!

Where is the radiation talk coming from!??

Are they really radioactive or something? Lol

Or is it just the toxic plastic from China they are packaged in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Hell yes. Those things were awesome. I remember going to school with a one of those in my lunchbox a few times. Also I had quite a few of these as a kid:

Not sure but I think they may actually still make these. I haven't had one in years though. Also yes Ecto Coolers were full of win as well.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-24 at 03:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Seriously!!

Where is the radiation talk coming from!??

Are they really radioactive or something? Lol

Or is it just the toxic plastic from China they are packaged in?
    Who knows, it's just koolaid, empty calories and synthetic flavor/color. Personally, those were never around my house when I was a kid (though I did have them at summer camp, etc), but only because I'm sure buying packets of koolaid was more economical. My mom did make a nod to sensible sugar consumption by not giving the koolaid the full measure of sugar.

They were probably made in the USA back when those of us who remember them drank them.
    Actually, it appears they still are. Though, I don't know enough about manufacturing to know if that means the little barrels are made in Pennsylvania too.

I want that purple stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, might be due to german laws... and too unhealthy stuff isnt allowed for selling...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Never seen those drinks in Holland :/

Yup I did. I loved those and the squeeze-its and all that other junk.

I haven't seen them in quite a while, though they were shown in a PBS documentary last month. I don't think I ever had one, nor can I fathom putting something like that in my body. But apparently as kids we thought they were pretty good. Did a lot of people enjoy these tiny barrels of nuclear waste?

Hah! I remember those Used to love them!!