Thread: Rating in 5.2

Rating in 5.2

Hey,

i have a question about the rating in 5.2. In the patchnotes it says:

"We believe this adjustment to the Team Rating formula will have a similar benefit to the “rating decay” that some of you have been asking for, but will feel more positive – rather than feeling like you must keep running just to stay in place (i.e. keep your current score), players that continue participating will be rewarded with higher Team Ratings. As a season wears on, this should also make upper brackets more active as well."

Now to benefit from it i have to run the same team the whole season?

I mean if not and lets say you have one person who played all season and one who did some games in the start but then stopped and started to play again late season, how can then 1 be rewarded and the other not if they decided to kick some 2s?

Cheers

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:04 PM ----------

No1 knows?
    Or my question is not clear?
    Or am i stupid and judt dont understand it?
    Last edited by PPN; 2013-02-24 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing both personal and team rating will decay. So if 1 out of 3 players stopped playing, that person his personal rating would decay if the other 2 would keep on playing with a different partner. Though I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anyone actually is.

What the person above said, they haven't actually 'released' their system so there's no way to actually know how it works.

I think the new system rewards playing all through the season rather than queueing at the start and sitting a r1/glad spot all season. I don't know if this means you HAVE to play every week or if the only competitive period is going to be the last week of the season.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    What the person above said, they haven't actually 'released' their system so there's no way to actually know how it works.

I think the new system rewards playing all through the season rather than queueing at the start and sitting a r1/glad spot all season. I don't know if this means you HAVE to play every week or if the only competitive period is going to be the last week of the season.
    I'm going to assume its probably something like the opposite of rested XP if that makes any sense. Something like rating gain for the week ramps up the more wins you have for the week. But as the above people said, Blizzard hasn't stated specifics.

If they find a way to boost the MMR by the end of the season players will automatically be forced to play

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Hey,

i have a question about the rating in 5.2. In the patchnotes it says:

"We believe this adjustment to the Team Rating formula will have a similar benefit to the “rating decay” that some of you have been asking for, but will feel more positive – rather than feeling like you must keep running just to stay in place (i.e. keep your current score), players that continue participating will be rewarded with higher Team Ratings. As a season wears on, this should also make upper brackets more active as well."

Now to benefit from it i have to run the same team the whole season?

I mean if not and lets say you have one person who played all season and one who did some games in the start but then stopped and started to play again late season, how can then 1 be rewarded and the other not if they decided to kick some 2s?

Cheers

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:04 PM ----------

No1 knows?
    Or my question is not clear?
    Or am i stupid and judt dont understand it?
    There is no "decay".

Currently, you can play a certain amount of games say 50 games, and get to 2400 lets say. You win 60% of those games. Another team that's not as good only wins 50% of their games. Currently, that team will probably never reach 2400. In the new patch, that 50% team can play 100 games. Still winning 50% of them there rating will slowly increase anyway. Maybe by 150 games, they will have reached 2400 despite never being as good as the first team - but it will require quite a few more wins.

In a sense, if you're still fucking amazing at arena you can get your 3000 rating and sit on it forever and probably get Glad. However, a mediocre team THROUGH BRUTE FORCE and sheer number of wins can slowly creep upwards.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 06:21 PM ----------

Also, in the new model you will have "current glads" at 2400+ and you will have "brute force glads". If you sit on your rating you risk losing your titles to these brute force players. However, as the season progresses if you decided to stop camping your rating you will have a plethora of "brute force" players at or near your rating. Having never been as good as you to begin with - these players will shorten Q times and will also let the "real" glads own them - further increasing their own rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    There is no "decay".

Currently, you can play a certain amount of games say 50 games, and get to 2400 lets say. You win 60% of those games. Another team that's not as good only wins 50% of their games. Currently, that team will probably never reach 2400. In the new patch, that 50% team can play 100 games. Still winning 50% of them there rating will slowly increase anyway. Maybe by 150 games, they will have reached 2400 despite never being as good as the first team - but it will require quite a few more wins.

In a sense, if you're still fucking amazing at arena you can get your 3000 rating and sit on it forever and probably get Glad. However, a mediocre team THROUGH BRUTE FORCE and sheer number of wins can slowly creep upwards.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 06:21 PM ----------

Also, in the new model you will have "current glads" at 2400+ and you will have "brute force glads". If you sit on your rating you risk losing your titles to these brute force players. However, as the season progresses if you decided to stop camping your rating you will have a plethora of "brute force" players at or near your rating. Having never been as good as you to begin with - these players will shorten Q times and will also let the "real" glads own them - further increasing their own rating.
    I don't get it, this can happen now too. If I suck and wanna spam games to get good slowly I can do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I'm guessing both personal and team rating will decay. So if 1 out of 3 players stopped playing, that person his personal rating would decay if the other 2 would keep on playing with a different partner. Though I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anyone actually is.
    This is how it will work.

Deleted
    ^ thissssssssssss

Infracted: Minor Spam
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-02-26 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxicon View Post
    This is how it will work.
    So after Blizzard (quote in the op) said that the rating will not decay, you believe it will? I fail to see the logic in this, sorry.
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2013-02-25 at 02:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    So after Blizzard (quote in the op) said that the rating will not decay, you believe it will? I fail to see the logic in this, sorry.
    It only shows that a great many people lack basic reading abilities and can't even understand the most simple things.

from what i have heard is that the rating will start to increase slowly and will increase at a higher rate the later you are in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    There is no "decay".
    I would bet your MMR isn't going to inflate like your team rating. The change would be pointless and just lead to more frustration for more people if it did. Also, nobody really knows how the system is going to work exactly so unless you have some secret information that the rest of us don't, it would be wise of you to not talk as if those are facts that you posted.