Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What would you do in this situation?

Hypothetical situation.

Say one evening/night you are drinking at a couple of friends, the house you are in is located a little far away from the city, it is somewhat of a farmland, still a couple of houses are nearby.

The house you and your drinking buddies are in consists of a big room upstairs
    and a kitchen and bathroom downstairs. The drinking and partying is done upstairs.

The situation is this: You are all sleeping after that night, you wake up and go to the bathroom
    to do a number 2, however, the bathroom light does not work, no biggy, you will poop in the dark.
    You also brought your smartphone and you lock the door..

2 minutes later you hear the front door open, somebody runs up the stairs and starts killing all
    the people with a knife, you hear all their screams of terror and their begging for mercy.

After several minutes it stops, the murderer runs off, into the night.

What do you do while you are hearing them get killed? Or do you wait until the murderer leaves?

Remember you have a smartphone with you, and the murderer never knows you are there, since the light does not work.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-25 at 04:56 AM.

Finish using the bathroom and climb out the window.

Realistically I'd never sleep over at someone's house or be out drinking anyway.

In this situation... I'd watch less TV
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Well I'd run out and help them only I'd be too busy playing Angry Birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'd lay off the drugs for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    In this situation... I'd watch less TV
    It's not from tv, I thought of it myself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'd lay off the drugs for a while.
    Don't use them.

Come on, people! Is a normal answer too much to ask for?

i have a phone in my hand so i think the first thing i would do is call the police... i would probably stay where i am until the police arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    It's not from tv, I thought of it myself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 05:58 AM ----------

Don't use them.

Come on, people! Is a normal answer too much to ask for?
    The logical answer is that if the murderer was any sort of intelligent, firstly he wouldn't go after multiple people with a knife, or if he did he would do so silently so you wouldn't know what was going on til you got upstairs. Secondly is that if he was any sort of intelligent, he would have a good idea of the number of people in the house or would at least search the house to make certain there was no one able to find the crime on short notice, giving him plenty of time to get away or cover things up.

So I guess my answer is that it probably wouldn't happen that way at all, it would me far more likely that the murders would be fairly silent and you would be next, or the killer would be using a gun instead, in which case you best stop caring about personal hygiene for a few minutes and find a gun of your own or gtfo of there.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...that escalated quickly.

I have no idea what I would do. I guess I would just go off of my instincts in the moment.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    im curious as to what made you think up this hypothetical scenario.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    The logical answer is that if the murderer was any sort of intelligent, firstly he wouldn't go after multiple people with a knife, or if he did he would do so silently so you wouldn't know what was going on til you got upstairs. Secondly is that if he was any sort of intelligent, he would have a good idea of the number of people in the house or would at least search the house to make certain there was no one able to find the crime on short notice, giving him plenty of time to get away or cover things up.

So I guess my answer is that it probably wouldn't happen that way at all, it would me far more likely that the murders would be fairly silent and you would be next, or the killer would be using a gun instead, in which case you best stop caring about personal hygiene for a few minutes and find a gun of your own or gtfo of there.
    Dude, don't be a buzzkill.
    Fine, in your situation, he can have a gun.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im curious as to what made you think up this hypothetical scenario.
    Well I was at such a house once :P

Granted,it's the Netherlands, where serial killers a near non existent. Still, it made me think because that place was scary at night.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-25 at 05:22 AM.

If he's strong enough to take on several people with a knife alone, then I would stay put, be quiet, wait until he left, and then call the police.

I'd like to say I'd charge out of the bathroom and try to save my friends.

Of course, I've never been in that situation so I don't know that I would/could.

it had to be an extreme situation i was expecting zombies but, i dunno probably the obvious, phone the police and stay in the bog? i doubt i'd bother going to check on anyone if i really did hear screams of terror also when the police turn up and see the whole bloodbath they couldn't pin it on me being completely spotless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it had to be an extreme situation i was expecting zombies but, i dunno probably the obvious, phone the police and stay in the bog? i doubt i'd bother going to check on anyone if i really did hear screams of terror also when the police turn up and see the whole bloodbath they couldn't pin it on me being completely spotless.
    Yeah, that got me thinking too. Wouldn't you be a suspect though?

Since this shit just got ratcheted up real quickly, I'd assume that I was in a Creepypasta. Once figuring that out, I'd probably employ the Creepypasta survival guide. Since it seems the attacker is corporeal, I'd go with tip #17) Japanese priests cleanse rooms by waving katana swords around. Their ritual is 100% effective on corporeal forms.

exactly thats why you don't run out and start checking on everyone then getting blood all over yourself, if they check the toilet and see that you didn't take a shower it should limit the amount of time you are treated as a suspect, and then the real search can commence.

yes i am one of them ppl that actually enjoys watching csi, so sue me. but its still true, if your completely clean and the room looks like someone swallowed a live hand grenade then it shouldn't take too long to exclude you.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-02-25 at 05:30 AM.

i would be very wondering about wiping or not and save my life as fast as possible.

Question whatever you take for granted.

15+ Year Old Account
    If one murderer manages to kill a room (or house) full of adults, chances are, any action on your part beyond calling 911 is going to simply add your body to the count.