43 15.99%
  • Alliance

226 84.01%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Night elves and goblins make amends?

Are you kidding me?
    Goblins clean barrow dens of pests, for a fee ofc. They are Steamwheedle though... replace bilgewater with steamwheedle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, they woulda been alliance even before the god awful retcon.

They were summoned to our "world" by the one night elf chick and two humans, and escaped death from the other world they were summoned from. Pretty sure they would have been grateful to join, even if they werent humans. Then they were turned into "oh, it was a werewolf druid disease for trying to take the form of the wolf and taking on rage." Then we suddenly had no night elf worgens and now only human worgens. The retcon was horrible, and has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Vanilla Worgen 4 life

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Meh, they woulda been alliance even before the god awful retcon.

They were summoned to our "world" by the one night elf chick and two humans, and escaped death from the other world they were summoned from. Pretty sure they would have been grateful to join, even if they werent humans. Then they were turned into "oh, it was a werewolf druid disease for trying to take the form of the wolf and taking on rage." Then we suddenly had no night elf worgens and now only human worgens. The retcon was horrible, and has left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Vanilla Worgen 4 life
    Yeah. But even in Vanilla people were all "Gilneas is now full of worgen, Worgen for Alliance."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Lol no please never.

I swear thats all the horde do is genocide, Horde have commited it so many times over the years and nearly have wiped out races on a world scale, but slyvannas takes it to a new level to the point that she is as bad as Arthas and the Scourge. The worgen joining the alliance will never happen due to the events already played by the horde invading gilneas, and gilneans dispise the horde for the soldiers they lost in the Second War.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Do you have... sources for -any- of this? Because that's not the vibe I got at all in the silverpine quests. They knew the Worgen were sapient and just didn't really care. Plus from what I understand the Forsaken just invaded because Garrosh said so, there was no real stated promise of who would get what.
    Well; that's pretty much the vibe I got...
    And the whole Silverpine thing has been happening for a far longer time than Garrosh was about on Azeroth. It's been in there since Vanilla, and before Cataclysm, the Worgen pretty much were semi-sapient mouth-frothing aggressors.
    Let's just say I got the impression that the Forsaken feel much more animosity for the Worgen than anyone would for any kind of non-threatening vermin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll trade you guys the worgen race for the troll one.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'll trade you guys the worgen race for the troll one.
    Well; you can't have them! They're the only elves we've got!
    Oh; the Blood Elves..? They're not real elves... But I'd gladly let you have them...

Lets not include the events of Silverpine and Gilneas, just for the sake of the argument.

Following the Hordes loss at the end of the Second War, the Gilneans wanted NOTHING to do with the Orcs and would've rather killed them all off instead of putting them into interment camps, like Lordaeron chose to do. It was because of this action, and the taxes that went along with it, that the Gilneans decided to wall themselves off. Or rather, Greymane decided.

My point is that the Gilneans locked themselves away at the defeat of the vicious, demonic Old Horde. They haven't seen the transformation of Thrall's 'new horde' and therefore they adopt the old fashion human idea that "All Orcs are monsters". So even if the Forsaken hadn't plague bombed the crap out of their territory, the Gileans, and as a result, those who were cursed as Worgen, would want NOTHING better to do than to rip into the hides of those Green skin 'monsters' they remember so fondly from the Second War.

TL;DR: Greymane's last encounter with Orcs was the Old Horde, therefore will forever see the Orcs as monsters and demonic brutes. No Horde Worgen, will never happen.

Worgen are wolf-men.

Orcs ride wolves.

I don't think they would be comfortable being allies with people who ride something so close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    Lets not include the events of Silverpine and Gilneas, just for the sake of the argument.

Following the Hordes loss at the end of the Second War, the Gilneans wanted NOTHING to do with the Orcs and would've rather killed them all off instead of putting them into interment camps, like Lordaeron chose to do. It was because of this action, and the taxes that went along with it, that the Gilneans decided to wall themselves off. Or rather, Greymane decided.

My point is that the Gilneans locked themselves away at the defeat of the vicious, demonic Old Horde. They haven't seen the transformation of Thrall's 'new horde' and therefore they adopt the old fashion human idea that "All Orcs are monsters". So even if the Forsaken hadn't plague bombed the crap out of their territory, the Gileans, and as a result, those who were cursed as Worgen, would want NOTHING better to do than to rip into the hides of those Green skin 'monsters' they remember so fondly from the Second War.

TL;DR: Greymane's last encounter with Orcs was the Old Horde, therefore will forever see the Orcs as monsters and demonic brutes. No Horde Worgen, will never happen.
    I think the idea in any 'worgen for the Horde' argument is that'

a. they'd largely be the original nelfs that went feral and never encountered orcs

or

b. more of a 'what if' argument saying that they'd have fit better if they hadn't implemented the current lore and had done X instead.
    Twas brillig

Before they retconned the lore into what it is today, I would have preferred them be Horde as well. Given that the Alliance in general has a prejudice dislike of monster like things, the Worgen could have easily turned to the Horde for help. If they kept the original lore, and left them as being unable to revert to a human form whenever they choose, they would have been more fitting as Horde for sure.

The 'new lore' is incredibly boring and a cop out imo. The starter zone is dull and depressive, feeling more like a chore. Weak storyline, poor models (especially the huge failure of the female model), horrible sounds and poor animations. Alliance can keep them in their current format.

As a hordie I actually don't hate the worgen. I think they are a cool idea but they fit better with the alliance. We have a "pretty" race with the blood elves, let them have a more "savage" race.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

dwarfs <-> bloodelves
    plox

Deleted
    You can have them if we can have our Blood/High Elves back :P
    Please god no! We Alliance don't want your blood elves, please keep them on Horde ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Before they retconned the lore into what it is today, I would have preferred them be Horde as well. Given that the Alliance in general has a prejudice dislike of monster like things, the Worgen could have easily turned to the Horde for help. If they kept the original lore, and left them as being unable to revert to a human form whenever they choose, they would have been more fitting as Horde for sure.

The 'new lore' is incredibly boring and a cop out imo. The starter zone is dull and depressive, feeling more like a chore. Weak storyline, poor models (especially the huge failure of the female model), horrible sounds and poor animations. Alliance can keep them in their current format.
    ^ Exactly what this guy said. I was personally happy to end up with Goblins over Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    I would trade them any day, even for murlocks! The majority of the horde dont even like the belfs
    And yet, they're probably the most played race Horde side. I have no facts on this, just going by what i tend to see the most.

Deleted
    Dogs belong to the Alliance. Same for fish and cows. Horde takes gnomes then. Kk?
    Maybe Blizzard will add some more animal races so the Alliance finally becomes a zoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas belongs to the Alliance always and forever!

You gotta bear in mind who the Worgen are. Why would they side with the Horde? They never liked them since the Second War and certainly didn't like them afterwards considering they wanted them all executed. On top of the the Forsaken now destroyed most of their home.

Now if we're talking about Worgen simply as a curse and a being with nothing to do with the Gilneans I can understand that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    Dogs belong to the Alliance. Same for fish and cows. Horde takes gnomes then. Kk?
    Maybe Blizzard will add some more animal races so the Alliance finally becomes a zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    more animal races
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?