Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Maybe there will be a lot of Glaives, at first, and then people will be bored of looking like everyone else and do something different. This remind me of the famous "All paladins will wear t2!!!!!" argument for why we shouldn't have transmog in the first place. I've seen like 4 paladins in t2, people don't want to look like everyone else. If Blizzard hadn't held out on allowing us to control our looks for so long they wouldn't have to rehash so much because people wouldn't have tossed it out to make space.

Loot in WoW was never unique, you can't lose something you never had. Being rewarded for being a better hoarder doesn't really seem like what Blizzard is shooting for.
    Honestly on my server I see very few paladins in T2 nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    cause it`s being done way too often
    It is fine to do so for 1 or two old things, like unstoppable force or dirke or ice barbed spear, whatever
    We should be moving forward not dwelling in the past
    Well, it seems we can have both... what is bad about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people here whine about rehashing but they all seem to want another Burning Legion expansion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    How are these in any way unique? Did you even play TBC? The 2H Mace was everywhere, every Warrior who was PvPing had it. Everyone wanted Lionheart and it's upgrades because it was so cool looking. They're rare now, sure, but that's more because people switched trades and lost the recipes, or they don't play the BS that had those patterns anymore, or heck they just have better weapons to use.

It probably doesn't help that that's about how every one of these threads ends up sounding, especially when the 'uniqueness' argument is brought in.
    I just believe that epics should remain epic. And immersion is a big part of why i play mmos
    Having said that i really dont like seeing for example warriors with season 2 weapons or molten core gear it is odd and off-place in a fantasy world..if we evolve and increase in power level and in game knowledge we shouldnt be looking back.
    This was blizzard`s mind-set as well once, but now it seems they are treating wow as some sort of colourful i-store or battlefield heroes equipment store

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted the old TBC BS weapons back for tmog reasons. What did you think they would do with them? Keep them lvl 70 weapons? This thread is just pointless.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol rehashing, Grow up I hate the kids who throw these crappy terms around because they feel it makes them appear cool to jump on the bandwagon of cool words xD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just believe that epics should remain epic. And immersion is a big part of why i play mmos
    Having said that i really dont like seeing for example warriors with season 2 weapons or molten core gear it is odd and off-place in a fantasy world..if we evolve and increase in power level and in game knowledge we shouldnt be looking back.
    This was blizzard`s mind-set as well once, but now it seems they are treating wow as some sort of colourful i-store or battlefield heroes equipment store
    You're in the minority there. WoW was pretty much the only MMO left without armor customization options before they added in transmog.

I leveled blacksmithing in TBC, I paid a raid guild for Nether Vortex x5 (They were BoP at the time) to make a stormherald for PvP, and I used it for ages. I never did PvE other than that on my warrior and so I never bothered learning the 1h pattern. I was a little disappointed to learn that I couldn't craft that 1h last expansion for transmog anymore since they'd taken those plans off the trainers. I'm glad they're adding those models back into the game. Giving people MORE customization options leads to more creative and interesting transmogs. Sure everyone is going to use those models at first, but eventually it will be just like warrior T1 & T6, Bulwark of Azzinoth, Paladin T2 & T6, Ashkandi, etc and you'll rarely see them.

Also if Blizzard feels like you do and they want people to use the current armor models over the old ones, they'll start making the newer models better IMO, because most of them this expansion are very lacking IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    That may be so but they lose their uniqueness, and we all know how we are saddly acostumed to that in wow not so recentely
    Soon enough they may allow legendaries to be transmorg..can you imagine the amount of glaives ? it is not so farfetched that they may actually do it

Also i find it amazing that we can`t have a mature discussion about this without some teenager screaming "OMG SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE"
    I don't see it as a bad thing if they allowed the use of legendaries on transmog. Why would it be such a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Okay, at this point you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    So your point is that they shouldn't make that kind of content and that nothing is better ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I don't see it as a bad thing if they allowed the use of legendaries on transmog. Why would it be such a bad thing?
    I don't either, i have several legendaries and it would be nice to be able to use their skin on my current weapons, i would rather like that, Maybe it's because so many people have legendaries now, that if they all mogged their weapons to look like them, people would feel a lot less special^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I don't either, i have several legendaries and it would be nice to be able to use their skin on my current weapons, i would rather like that, Maybe it's because so many people have legendaries now, that if they all mogged their weapons to look like them, people would feel a lot less special^^
    I'm sure it's going to be lovely with half the server runing around with glaives and thunderfurys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    This is just extra content offered "rehashed" and that's perfectly ok. What wasnt "ok" was zandalari patch in cataclysm when they offered rehashed content as main content of the patch.

I hate rehashing as much as anyone else; and this is still fine in my books. It's not current, you don't have to do it, it's just cosmetic. Sure, it would be better in my eyes to get new cosmetic items, but fuck loads of those being put in too.

Plus, aren't some of these weapons completely unavailable in game right now?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    This game got 10 million subs. If there is a change - there will ALWAYS be at least one crybaby that complains just for the sake of complaining. Usually much more than one but whatever. If you take ten million random people picked from street - you will have everything there. Rapists, murderers, thieves, junkies, the poor, the wealthy, all sorts of people.

I welcome this change, these models are too cool to just forfeit them in some outdated BOP crafts removed 3 years ago. At least it's not BMAH with full set robbing you out of at least 100k, more if you have competors. I wonder whether stage 2 and stage 3 of them will be worthwhile for replacement-weapon if RNG refuses to drop me anything. It took 79 rolls for my hunter to obtain ANY epic weapon in this tier (I raided heroics with blue wep, legendary rewards banked)
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-02-26 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    There were the same complaints right before transmog was introduced, but I still don't see every Paladin with running around with T2, I hardly see any Paladin using that set actually. I doubt that if legendaries could be mogged that it really would be used that much, maybe for a few weeks but after that not anymore.

Deleted
    This is just extra content offered "rehashed" and that's perfectly ok. What wasnt "ok" was zandalari patch in cataclysm when they offered rehashed content as main content of the patch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I'm sure it's going to be lovely with half the server runing around with glaives and thunderfurys.
    Well considering those can only be use by certain classes/speccs we wouldn't see "half" a server unless there was about 5people on said server:P

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you want to do? Closing old content, when new expansions come out? If you don't it becomes subject to farming and solo farming at some point... Don't tell me, that there is nothing old in the game you have not gained or even pursuit.. No achievement, no mount, nothing at all?

Stop being trapped in the special snowflake syndrome..

Really? You are complaining that they are bringing removed content back? This is a good thing. Removing content is one of the stupidest things they can do, and bringing it back is only a good thing.