Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So what spec will be the better one to play next patch?

Deleted
    BM/SV are gonna be very equal on single target, SV totally dominates AOE fights, MM will still be a ghetto shit specc

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    BM/SV are gonna be very equal on single target, SV totally dominates AOE fights, MM will still be a ghetto shit specc
    SV will lose ground on BM s we progress though the tier. SV scales like shit, so as we get better gear BM will pull ahead little by little as far as single target goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    BM for single target, Survival for bosses with multi dotting or adds(in ToT we have a few bosses of this style), and MM is gonna stay very close in damage to Survival, around 3k aprox.

There's a possibility I may be switching to Hunter come 5.2 (currently play Shaman), but I'm basically forced to stay BM for Heroism. As I typed this, I realized this actually sounds incredibly stupid, but just to confirm: I imagine raid-wide Heroism is far more helpful (DPS-wise) than being able to switch to SV for AoE. It's still up in the air if I'll actually switch, I've been stuck as Shaman for all of 5.1 due to Heroism and being the 3rd healer. But we recently picked up a 3rd real healer, so I have a few options on switching classes. (I'm basically stuck with classes that can bring Heroism)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    SV will lose ground on BM s we progress though the tier. SV scales like shit, so as we get better gear BM will pull ahead little by little as far as single target goes.
    really bm scales better than sv?asking cause i tought kill command doesn't scale with weapon damage,is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    There's a possibility I may be switching to Hunter come 5.2 (currently play Shaman), but I'm basically forced to stay BM for Heroism. As I typed this, I realized this actually sounds incredibly stupid, but just to confirm: I imagine raid-wide Heroism is far more helpful (DPS-wise) than being able to switch to SV for AoE. It's still up in the air if I'll actually switch, I've been stuck as Shaman for all of 5.1 due to Heroism and being the 3rd healer. But we recently picked up a 3rd real healer, so I have a few options on switching classes. (I'm basically stuck with classes that can bring Heroism)
    Roll a mage. Do it. Do it now. They're just better at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Roll a mage. Do it. Do it now. They're just better at everything.
    If you love to push 3 button playstyle, then yes, roll a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    If you love to be miles ahead of every other class on damage and be the best dps class in the game, then yes, roll a mage.
    Fixed for you. Granted they are tweaking arcane a bit atm, but mages will continue to be op regardless. Certainly, if not number 1, they'll still be the best damage dealing blood lust class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    really bm scales better than sv?asking cause i tought kill command doesn't scale with weapon damage,is it true?
    the buffs or state of a spec determines the "scaling curve", by having weapon damage in your skills not determine that for example MM scales better than bm, there are a lot of factors determining the scaling curve of any spec.

And not, Bm and Sv not have a very different scaling between both.

but MM if had the same scaling curve, would ending taking the spot of survival/bm because the 90% of the rotation scales with weapon damage.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Fixed for you. Granted they are tweaking arcane a bit atm, but mages will continue to be op regardless. Certainly, if not number 1, they'll still be the best damage dealing blood lust class.

well, you right but, personally i hate the mage because of the simple rotation, and arcane have take a big nerf.

Let's look into the crystal ball...

Simulationcraft will show one spec performing 1% better than the others on a mythical no-mechanics Patchwerk fight that hasn't existed since Naxx 25.

2nd week Heroic mode raiders will use it because they can actually see some difference, but ultimately will pick the spec depending on the fight mechanics. It may be one spec is the best for all of them. It normally isn't.

A bunch of LFR/LFD Heroes will declare anyone not using that spec as a n00b.

Everyone else can pick whatever they want. No spec will be so broken that you can't even complete normals with them. It's not going to make a difference for people like me, nor the bottom 90% of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Let's look into the crystal ball...

Simulationcraft will show one spec performing 1% better than the others on a mythical no-mechanics Patchwerk fight that hasn't existed since Naxx 25.

2nd week Heroic mode raiders will use it because they can actually see some difference, but ultimately will pick the spec depending on the fight mechanics. It may be one spec is the best for all of them. It normally isn't.

A bunch of LFR/LFD Heroes will declare anyone not using that spec as a n00b.

Everyone else can pick whatever they want. No spec will be so broken that you can't even complete normals with them. It's not going to make a difference for people like me, nor the bottom 90% of us.
    Well, our sims are one of the closest to reality due to our absolute 0 penalty on movement. As long as we have one constant target throughout the fight, it's a patchwerk fight for us. Any other small variations can be easily accounted for and simmed.

And yea ofcourse it doesn't matter which spec you go with if you're in a casual guild. Well technically it does, cuz if more people in those guilds min/maxed, they'd kill bosses sooner. But it doesn't matter in the sense that there is no 'immediate' race for progression in casual guilds. So a person doing the best damage they possibly can in any situation is not necessary. But all specs aren't always close together though. Arms is just complete shit. So is subtlety.. You won't be able to complete certain normals with those specs.. There's a reason why there are thousands of guilds out there that are stuck on normal elegon. Lack of dps. Lack of healing. Tank issues as well in some cases. But mostly dps/heals.

Deleted
    PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues, Part III

- Renewing Mist - mana cost reduced 10%.
    - Healing Rain - mana cost reduced 15%.
    - Beast Cleave - damage increased from 30% to 50% of original damage.
    - Critical Mass - nerf reverted. It's back to 30%.
    - Pyroblast - direct damage reduced 10%.

The mana changes were to help less well geared healers. The Beast Cleave change was because we felt Survival's multi-target damage was too far ahead. We don't mind good AE as a spec niche, but it shouldn't be so high that you feel like an absolute idiot for not swapping to that spec. (This is the same mentality we used when trying to tone down without destroying Combat rogues being good at cleaving.) The Fire changes were because we needed to nerf Fire to keep other mage specs competitive in PvE in 5.2, but we agree that nerfing Critical Mass unfairly targets less well geared players, and that the spec is just less fun if it crits too rarely. (Long term, we might investigate some of the non-linear percent scaling suggestions players have made.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Ever remember going to the doctor for a regular check up and standing on the older scales when the nurse would slide the weight back and forth until the scale leveled out just right? Too much one way and it bottomed out, but get it just right and it levels out. That's what they are doing. They may have over shot the first round of fixes. As to the other hunters on here, if one day Blizz rolled out a 1000% dmg increase and the next day they reduced it by 10% some of them would be crying about being nerfed again. It's just the way it goes here.
    I wish there was a 'like because it is a good, accurate answer to a post done with a little humour but no disrespect to anyone' button.
    or even a like button.

But instead I will post and say, nice answer.

the beast cleave was greatly needed. however i do not know if it will be enough. Honestly the best way to balance the 3 hunters specs for AoE would be to do this beast cleave change and to make "Serpent spread" baseline for all spec. That still makes SV AoE superior with ISS and the higher damage done by SrS, it alos helms marks do more AoE damage which is nearly non exsistant now.

Deleted
    Looks like we are dangerously close to the "you can play whichever spec you find more fun" era. Since that will inevitably lead to you doing higher dps, since you enjoy the rotation more. I didn't feel that way in 5.1 since I just couldn't reach my BM numbers with SV in single target fights.

It would be weird if MM would get totally ignored in the AE tuning, which I believe is all that is left before 5.2 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperados View Post
    Blizzard dont like survival Hunters ( MM ) anymore
    only nerfs , nerfs and nerfs
    think it is time to to take a wow break it is not fun anymore
    thanks Blizzard
    It was much more fun in Cata
    Yes clearly Blizzard hates the spec despite the fact that its getting several buffs to make it competitive. /facepalm

Posts like these make me regret the whole 'internet' thing.

Don't forget, if you're troll, pets don't get the 5% beastslaying buff, so it's better to go SV.

For the beast bosses anyway.

People have already any idea if MM rotation will be really worth casting Aimed over Arcane shot?

Also, did we know already what 'cool unmentioned feature' GC was talking about on tweeter?

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

I like the beast cleave buff, but I think SV will still be far superior. Beast cleave actually kind of has some gaming to it, maximizing your uptime on the beast cleave buff by spreading out MSs without maxing focus.