Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Initial DPS DK BiS lists

Edit, April 9th: In light of the RPPM changes and sim improvements for DKs, the lists previously shown here became somewhat invalidated. Rather than trying to maintain them here, I will simply point all of you to the EJ threads for Frost/Unholy DKs- the guides there will soon be updated with appropriate BiS lists (and keep in mind that things can and will change in 5.3).

For now, I'm removing all links to my previous BiS lists and asking for this thread to be locked.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2013-04-10 at 10:31 AM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Huh. wasnt there thunderforged tier pieces earlier?

Yes, those don't actually exist. The same goes for certain trash drops (Greatsword of Frozen Hells, for instance) that are actually better itemised for 2h Frost/Unholy but don't have any Heroic and/or Thunderforged versions.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

That is a whole lot of blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Huh. wasnt there thunderforged tier pieces earlier?
    Nope won't be any thunderforged tier in live

For anybody having problems viewing this in Firefox and have noscript, be sure to allow cloudfront.net, wowhead.com, zam.com, and zamimg.com

Deleted
    dw is showing up, 2h isn't for me (even after multiple refreshes)

Thanks for the work though

Did you look at Amulet of the Primal Turtle at all? Using current stat weights, it wins out as long as you can reforge off enough hit, and it looks like by some miracle we can.

I have been playing with the idea of using a hit weapon or the hit trinkets - if they're otherwise better or to combat the fact that every 2H dps wants the same weapons - but there doesn't seem to be enough leeway in reforging out of hit to make them work. This is particularly frustrating since Uroe drops from Lei Shen

To add a belt socket, right click the belt and click "Extra Socket", works for me at least.

Saying that though, I was too lazy to add extra sockets, enchants, etc. since they have no effect on decision making. Here is what I came up with for BiS w/o Ra-den and without random enchant pieces. http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=35195487

During initial progression, unless we get insanely lucky on trash drops, 2h Frost and Unholy will likely be pushing bosses using Zerat's Soulburning Greatsword, so excess hit is going to be a way of life for a while. Again.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

The 2h Frost and Unholy profile has a new cloak off Ra-den that the previous 541 item scan didn't pick up on, so I've included that in the profile.
    I'll run some math on the Amulet- the socket wasn't present in the version I examined when constructing the list. Even so, I'm still a little dubious.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

Deleted
    That chest is absolutely crazy, I want it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    The 2h Frost and Unholy profile has a new cloak off Ra-den that the previous 541 item scan didn't pick up on, so I've included that in the profile.
    I'll run some math on the Amulet- the socket wasn't present in the version I examined when constructing the list. Even so, I'm still a little dubious.
    Yeah, some of these are going to be very close calls - we need an updated sim to get new stat weights.

Sucks that the better 1H weapon is off the 10th boss, I foresee a lot of sidegrading since the first heroic boss won't likely be that difficult and that weapon should be readily available -_-;

Deleted
    Can't see any items, sadly, is this a chrome bug or a workaround to be able to see them?

/e: even after refreshing a billion times
    Last edited by mmocb691fa1770; 2013-02-28 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Can see both profiles now, looking good.

Need to work out what the normal mode "BiS" will be now :-(

Given recent Blizzard rhetoric about how difficult the last 2 bosses are, I will be constructing and adding pre-heroic Lei Shen/Ra-Den BiS lists for both profiles this weekend.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

Deleted
    Can see them now, thanks for your effort.

So, ran some more reforge sims and it turns out Amulet of the Primal Turtle may indeed be BiS for the 2h/Unholy profile- I've adjusted it to reflect this. This is mostly because the full BiS set lacks a lot of Expertise, which means that the Hit can usually be reforged out of quite safely. With that being said however, keep in mind that the set assumes you use both the cloak and chest off Ra-den, which lack accuracy stats.
    In reality, we'll likely cap both stats much faster. This will mean the Talisman of Angry Spirits will, in practice, probably be preferable till you're past Lei Shen and Ra-den.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:49 PM ----------

I've added new BiS lists for 11/13 HMs completed, with no gear off heroic-Lei Shen or Ra den. Unfortunately, my suspicions turned out to be right: These profiles are overloaded with accuracy stats to the point of absurdity.
    I'll continue to iterate on them as more information comes out. Remember that Heroic Thunderforged tags aren't available yet, so be smart when viewing the new lists as well: Unless it's a tier piece, chances of it having a 541 version are probable.

A few other things to note:

-We now know for sure that trash drops (i.e. 522 ilvl items) have Thunderforged versions. This means that items like a 528 version of Bo-ris or Greatsword of Frozen Hells do exist.

-I'm getting conflicting reports on 2 separate things about the BMAH: Firstly, that it is selling Heroic (535) versions of trash drops. Second, that is is also selling Thunderforged/Heroic Thunderforged items (528 and 541 respectively). Until we can ascertain the validity of these claims beyond any doubt, I'm operating under the assumption that they're false and have constructed BiS lists accordingly.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2013-03-02 at 07:40 AM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

I'm not sure how you arrived at using shoulders as an off-set piece in the pre-Lei Shen list, but that should be changed for sure. Swapping to Crown of the Golden Golem and tier shoulders yields more strength, and though it has ~300 less haste, it has ~700 more crit thanks to not being way over hit cap. I haven't checked if gloves are even better.

Resulting set, Item Comparison
    Last edited by broodax; 2013-03-02 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Fixed item names

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    I'm not sure how you arrived at using shoulders as an off-set piece in the pre-Lei Shen list, but that should be changed for sure. Swapping to Crown of the Golden Golem and tier shoulders yields more strength, and though it has ~300 less haste, it has ~700 more crit thanks to not being way over hit cap. I haven't checked if gloves are even better.

Resulting set, Item Comparison
    I did realise actually. I thought I'd saved the changes to the list when I'd pasted them here. I'll make the changes to the 2h profile.
    If you can find something better for DW, let me know.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer