Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A 10% damage, 400 damage aoe around it, 500 damage dot when things walk through it and setup for a Tech Combo, all while stopping attacks is insanely powerful. Just walk around a corner and drop the Shield. As anything walks around the corner then get both the AoE and the DoT applied constantly because to walk to hit you they automatically walk through and stand in the shield. Siege pulse is even a detonator.

It might not be to your liking but its far from useless. The Juggernaut isn't about highest dps because it can survive with low stuff. It is also more of a Support class much like the Volus. In fact combined with a Volus and you are pretty much unstoppable from anything giving the other members of your team nothing to dodge while they do the dps for you.
    I should have realized by now that if I write that it is "pretty much useless" rhorle shows up to tell me how wrong that is.

I don´t like it because it blocks your gunfire, your Siege Pulse and it is not that useful when you get swarmed anyway. It does not stop enemies from running up to you from behind or flank you. It only blocks fire where it faces.

That´s just my opinion so feel free to further tell me how wrong that is
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-27 at 09:22 AM.

Might work for us heavy melee spammers, our heavy melee can go right through the shield, while I'm not sure about enemies melee.

On other hand, it could be used to troll block your teammates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Might work for us heavy melee spammers, our heavy melee can go right through the shield, while I'm not sure about enemies melee.

On other hand, it could be used to troll block your teammates.
    I can totally imagine a guy that has no clue what this Hex Shield does trying to hide behind it and shooting through it just to realize that he just wasted a shit ton of ammo for nothing

I can also imagine a raging guy that just wasted a Cobra Missile because the Shield blocked it

BTW: Yeah the only attack you can perform behind that shield is heavy melee as it does not block that one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    That´s just my opinion so feel free to further tell me how wrong that is
    You should also realize by now that everything I say is my opinion and I'm entitled to share it just as you are entitled to share yours. The irony is that every time you post something like that you are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing. I explained why it isn't useless and it isn't. Just because you don't like something doesn't make the skill useless. Opinions can be wrong you know, but it is never wrong to share your opinion

Every skill a juggernaut has is very useful. The problem with the Juggernaut is finding what skills to take and what not to since you are limited. There is also someone that solo'd Plat with the Juggernaut (took him 66 mins lol) and was using Hex Shield. No matter what you want to think about me you are definitely wrong that Hex Shield is useless.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    You can just treat it like other cover and "pop out" from behind it. Left, Right, Forward etc to get shots off. Even though the Juggernaut can take sustained fire for a little bit doesn't mean having a portable cover to take some of the pressure off isn't very nice.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen, Hex Shield is pretty useful. Take Firebase White for example.

As you can see in my awesome drawing, if you place the Hex Shield there and enemies will spawn on the other side (you know where), you can pick them off one by one and you won't get hit. Did this many times when someone else in my squad was a Geth Juggernaut. Works miracles.

It's also great for providing cover. Think of soloing and having to disarm objects, or when you are carrying something, you just place that shield and you protect yourself from damage.

That reminds me, how come people are able to sprint while carrying an object? Sounds like they drop it and pick it up the whole time while running.

I got the Krogan Warlord in my gift pack. Haven't tried him yet, as he is a melee character. I don't like melee that much, or atleast, I don't want it to be a primary way of attack. Like the N7 Paladin for example. Melee is a possibility, but it's not required.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-27 at 09:53 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    The kit is way too slow for my preferred play-style anyway so I had more fun playing the new EDI bot because of it´s acrobatics and other neat abilities (Repair matrix )

I was in a few gold pugs and the guys that died the most were the Juggernauts (Talons too) and combined with the fact that every single one of them was last in the ranking shows me that this is not the class I prefer.

I am more the Geth Trooper guy that fully specced for Flamer and just melts away Reapers on gold. I compared the Trooper with the Juggernaut and the difference in terms of movement is pretty extreme. The Trooper feels like a marathon man and the Juggernaut like a 300kg dude that is unable to move.

BTW: Yeah Geth Trooper is still my fav kit especially because it has a lot of shields and melts enemies with the flamer plus has nice evasive moves and I am on top of the points ranking in every match (75 kills most matches) and have the least deaths most of the time.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-27 at 09:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    That reminds me, howcome people are able to sprint while carrying an object? Sounds like they drop it and pick it up the whole time while running.
    Because they are actually dropping it and picking it up really quickly. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...429/1#14109429 explains it has a Bioware employee saying it isn't a cheat/exploit and is safe to use. It sort of cheapen the objective (and is super annoying).

A krogan can also move slightly faster by doing the headbutt melee while carrying the package. And yeah the Hex shield is also great for covering your flank. For some reason on White I always forget about the hallway when sniping from that center spot. So if a team mate dropped one there to block for me I'd like it but then I'd have to worry about them getting up close lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I got impatient so I found the Origin livechat support option. Just gotta wait 20-25 mins now. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    (Talons too)
    It is widely believed that Talons are Bugged or severely under powered. I wouldn't be surprised to see them buffed if Bioware does anymore balance changes which I hope they do. There is also a theory that Bioware won't nerf any of the new stuff because it is the last DLC and is supposed to be "Over powered".

15+ Year Old Account
    In any case, I would spec for both Hex Shield and Siege Pulse. Don't like having to rely on something to get kills (Geth Turret). But first, I have to unlock it!

I had Flamer on a Vorcha. Maybe because he was low level, but Flamer wasn't what I expected it to be. It was on Silver, was it was barely doing any damage. Then again, I also hate Vorcha. Don't like the playing style where you have to kill first to become better. Bit like a WoW Mage where you have to use your level 90 talent all the time to reach maximum damage output. I'd love to check out the Geth Trooper, but once again, I have to unlock it first. Still many kits on my wishlist, but I'm going for weapon upgrades first. Although, it's pretty funny; I take Spectre Packs, but 9 out of 10 boxes has one or two characters in it...

Because they are actually dropping it and picking it up really quickly. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...429/1#14109429 explains it has a Bioware employee saying it isn't a cheat/exploit and is safe to use. It sort of cheapen the objective (and is super annoying).

A krogan can also move slightly faster by doing the headbutt melee while carrying the package. And yeah the Hex shield is also great for covering your flank. For some reason on White I always forget about the hallway when sniping from that center spot. So if a team mate dropped one there to block for me I'd like it but then I'd have to worry about them getting up close lol.
    Ah, that's very interesting. I'll be trying that then. Beats having to walk!

Yea, the hallway. I tend to forget about it aswell, but I've learned to quickly look around every time I reload or whenever my powers are on cooldown. Don't get flanked that much anymore. Still, Geth Bombers and Abominations/Husks tend to take my by surprise.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-27 at 10:05 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I got impatient so I found the Origin livechat support option. Just gotta wait 20-25 mins now. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it.
    They will. That is currently the only way to fix the problem with Online pass. Earlier in the day you could have done it through EA's Twitter support but not sure if there is a international version of that as the one people were using earlier is like 9-5 eastern or something.

Deleted
    It is widely believed that Talons are Bugged or severely under powered. I wouldn't be surprised to see them buffed if Bioware does anymore balance changes which I hope they do. There is also a theory that Bioware won't nerf any of the new stuff because it is the last DLC and is supposed to be "Over powered".
    At least I hope that they buff the Spitfire !! I tried my Spitfire 4 on the Juggernaut and it takes ages to kill anything on silver/gold. It took me an entire clip (with mag size) to kill a Geth Prime with full headshots on SILVER.

It needs a buff because it does so low damage. The Typhoon feels like a high damage weapon compared to the Spitfire.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/16050120

Edit: From a good post on BSN:
    The Geth Spitfire weights five times as much as the Geth Pulse Rifle. Yet it only does about twice the DPS, and that is without taking into account the lesser Headshot modifier (2.5 vs. 3.0) and the reduced accuracy.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-02-27 at 10:18 AM.

Does that take into account the increased firing rate from it?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then why are you saying the Star Child has to be the one to sacrifice himself in order for him to be part of the Citadel?
    I said Starchild should be required for Crucible to fire properly (I use the word right - see below) - to be the Catalyst. It is not.

They are one and the same. The AI states this. He systems are the entire Citadel and until they can fit elsewhere he is the Citadel. If the Citadel is completely destroyed the AI won't continue to exist because he is tied to the Citadel. The Citadel is his Skin. Just because something is an AI doesn't mean it can't have a physical body or be a apart of something. Is hard drive in an Iphone a part of the Iphone? Is the Hard Drive in your computer a part of your computer?
    Are Avina and Citadel one and the same?
    I really do not get what you are trying to achieve here. Starchild is not needed for Crucible to fire properly. Citadel is. The fact that Starchild considers Citadel its body - doesn't mean shit. I can use my phone as a paperweight - do I use the device for that or its operation system? Using Android OS as a paperweight - ha! Nobel Prize no less.
    In Mass effect all AI are required to have "blue boxes". The personality of an AI is tied directly to their blue box and if you copy an AI to a different Blue box their personality changes. Do you know that the Leviathans didn't create a giant Blue box for their AI? Or that the AI didn't build himself a indestructible home with in the Citadel. (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...gence_.28AI.29)
    What are you talking about? Starchild was created BEFORE Citadel (which was created by Starchild for lesser species to find). How do you even know either he has or not his "blue box"? The Citadel is his fortress. And the section his "blue box" resides in is completely shut off from accidental discovery.

The Citadel can't be the catalyst by your own statement. Because the Glass in the Citadel isn't required to fire the crucible. The Metal isn't required. Only one system of the Catalyst the part that is the mass relay/amplifier is required. Either the Citadel and all its parts are the Catalyst or its not.
    Ah, reductio ad absurdum, Carry on. Shoot yourself in the foot. I agree mass relay/amplifier is the only thing that is required but just happens to be non-detachable from Citadel - which serves many more other functions apart from being a mass relay and amplifier (the petals with habitats on them, right? There's no Citadel without them - just the Control Center and docking port). No Citadel no Amplifier. No Amplifier - no Citadel. It's pretty obvious that Citadel is Amplifier, even if you build the mass relay into Crucible - you will still need the Citadel - or to build a copy of it.

I didn't say every interactive program is the Avatar of the Citadel AI. Perhaps if you focused less on insulting my ability to grasp logic and actually on what I say. The Avatar of the AI is an interactive program. I was pointing out that you got exactly what you wanted but were still upset with it. So what form would you have been happy with?
    You implied it! I said I prefer IP over labels, but still I prefer Labels over Starchild. Starchild is a particular kind of IP. One of a kind. It's pretty logical to hate Starchild but be ok with other kinds of IP. You implied otherwise. Using reverse logic as in:
    "a domesticated cat is a feline - feline and domesticated cat are the same thing - every feline is a domesticated cat of different breed"
    "a Starchild is IP - IP and Starchild are the same thing - every IP is a Starchild with different message"

I didn't got what I wanted. Also I never said I wanted an IP - I only said it would be better than labels. And as I shown you (I hope) - not every IP is a Starchild.
    I also said a lot earlier in this debate that I would've been content if Crucible auto-fired right after Shepard lost conscious. Or at the very least a VI popped up and described the Conduits and what they do. Answered my questions in a perfect VI way and shutdown.
    Really? Your problem with the ending is that an AI came to talk to you instead of a VI? They are practically the same. Except that a VI can't learn and can't take independent action. Otherwise all interaction is the same yet you would be fine with if the Star Child was a VI. That is illogical.
    You really don't see the difference between AI and VI? You can't reason with VI - it's a stupid prerecorded interactive program. Information service. Talking LABEL.
    AI - is a person. You figure the rest.

To stop the Reapers it needs the Catalyst (the part of the Citadel that amplifies energy). It doesn't need the Catalyst to fire. It needs the Catalyst to reach every where which is why all the Catalyst does is amplify the energy of the Crucible. Why would the Crucible be unable to fire without the Catalyst? If properly used and to fire properly mean entirely different things. Perhaps English isn't your native language but the positioning of a word can confer different meanings.
    That part that amplifies energy and focuses it IS CITADEL, like 90% of it. Get your facts straight will ya?
    Crucible doesn't need Catalyst (Citadel) to fire. I never said that. I said it needs it to fire properly. to fire properly - is the correct way of using this intransitive manner adverb, and it means the following:

properly
    adverb
    1. correctly, rightly, fittingly, appropriately, legitimately, accurately, suitably, aptly, deservedly, as intended, in the true sense, in the accepted or approved manner

Firing Crucible without the Catalyst is hardly that. Crucible needs Citadel to fire properly.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Does that take into account the increased firing rate from it?
    Yes it does take into account the increased fire rate. This thing is beyond good and the damage is extremely low.

On this point the whole Multiplayer board on BSN agrees. It really needs a buff badly.

Well, that blows. At least it gives an excuse to use some of the other weapons.

Deleted
    Well, that blows. At least it gives an excuse to use some of the other weapons.
    That´s how bad it is:

"Improve its damage per shot. Currently the PPR has 40% higher single-clip DPS than the Spitfire, but weights 44% less. The Typhoon can compete against the PPR because of its multipliers against defenses. The Spitfire has nothing."

15+ Year Old Account
    That´s how bad it is:

"Improve its damage per shot. Currently the PPR has 40% higher single-clip DPS than the Spitfire, but weights 44% less. The Typhoon can compete against the PPR because of its multipliers against defenses. The Spitfire has nothing."
    Very simple right? Don't use it. Just as you would not use any weapon that doesn't meet the requirements; why should this one be any different?
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Very simple right? Don't use it. Just as you would not use any weapon that doesn't meet the requirements; why should this one be any different?
    It´s just funny that all the top players on BSN (the platinum soloers like Crimson Vanguard) keep writing how UP it is.

Of course I could act like the guys on the WoW boards here and tell myself "Don´t like it? Don't use it !! simple as that" but I actually expected it to be useful and not a water gun.

WOOT! I have MP access again! Time to see what's in my pack.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:10 PM ----------

Well, let me put it like this: "I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!"

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 12:32 PM ----------

And NOW I get the Asari Huntress. -.-