Rep requirements and amounts for ToT (PTR)

So I've not seen anything anywhere, but does anyone know how much rep the bosses give towards the new Valor rep in Throne of Thunder?

Would be nice to know if my guild is going to get me to the point where I can buy them before the 2nd week

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    So I've not seen anything anywhere, but does anyone know how much rep the bosses give towards the new Valor rep in Throne of Thunder?

Would be nice to know if my guild is going to get me to the point where I can buy them before the 2nd week
    You can farm trash to 2999/3000 so if you want farm trash for 1-2 hours before killing first boss and everyone will be friendly.

30 per trash mob
    300 per boss

you can buy neck at neutral

at friendly you can buy Trinket, Ring, Bracers

I thought there was a blue post about them negating the trash mob rep grinds because they didnt want a repeat of ICC?

Quote Originally Posted by sparxz View Post
    I thought there was a blue post about them negating the trash mob rep grinds because they didnt want a repeat of ICC?
    Difference here being that ICC let you farm exalted if you were willing to spend 10 hours resetting the instance. This let's you farm 2999/3000, thats it. 2999 rep is one weeks worth of bosses - hardly gamebreaking for the majority, but for the few who are serious, its an advantage that can be gained in an hour or two.

And while I might have it wrong, as far as I understood, the rewards are just unlocking VP-items you can buy. Its not an actual BiS item when you hit exalted. Which is a difference again (why farm when you're capped anyway).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-02-27 at 10:16 AM.

Why not just run the LFR with your guild once or twice? get some chance at gear and as far as I know, rep.
    / ztanz
    <Nice picture with my armory for Elskling on Ragnaros>

Quote Originally Posted by ztanz View Post
    Why not just run the LFR with your guild once or twice? get some chance at gear and as far as I know, rep.
    Because LFR doesn't open up instantly. First part in week 2 (unlocked with heroic modes), and one part every week after that untill it's completed.
    Besides, they said that bosses share rep regardless of being beat in LFR/Normal - a full clear (assuming trash no longer gives rep) can at most give you 13*300=3900 rep, or 3600 if not counting Ra-Den. No matter if you do LFR, normals, or both - 3900 is the max.

Quote Originally Posted by ztanz View Post
    As Draco said
    Main reason I'm asking is so I can decide if my last 750vp upgrade is worth getting as it'll leave me 250 below the cap, but ty for the answers everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    As Draco said
    Main reason I'm asking is so I can decide if my last 750vp upgrade is worth getting as it'll leave me 250 below the cap, but ty for the answers everyone
    Chances are you will do some dailies on Day 1 of the patch right? So if you are around 2500-3000 VP you will be good to go. You will get VP for killing rares in the island and also your first boss kill in ToT so it should equal out to be ok anyways. I am encouraging my raid team to get around 2500 and they can get their neck instantly and between Tuesday and Wednesday we will get friendly and get another item with our 1750 leftover.

Are there any trash epics? I didn't see any BoEs in the database, but if there are decent trash BoPs then running a pug trash rep run on the first or second day wouldn't be a bad notion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Are there any trash epics? I didn't see any BoEs in the database, but if there are decent trash BoPs then running a pug trash rep run on the first or second day wouldn't be a bad notion.
    There is trash epics, there was a post about them somewhere.
    A full clear on day 1 is 3600 rep + your valor resets the day before the patch goes live. So you can cap your VP on the monday/tuesday (depending where you live) and have another 1k vp ready to go for neutral items. OR you can get enough so that a full 12/12 normal clear will cap you on the first day and buy the friendly piece (my plan).
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins