15+ Year Old Account
    One of my fans was making weird noise the whole weekend. Now when I finally proceed to open up the case and try to fix it I noticed it's gone, very disturbing.. It was sort of like something touching the fan blades very gently (like a piece of cloth or something soft) and it would last for 1-2sec then stop for a brief moment and continue again, was driving me nuts.

I should probably open it up anyway for dusting and such but I've gotten lazy after I moved it under my desk. Need to remove all the cables and lift at a weird angle to get it out. Maybe I could remove the front panel and stuff a leaf blower in there...

I once had a cellophane sweet wrapper slip under my case and the fan intake made it rub against the filter, so I'd have this high-pitched scraping noise going on.

Saw an nVidia FX 5600 in an electronics shop this afternoon for 49.99 euros. Before you get excited, it was the AGP card, not the Quaddro. Why would something like that be 50 euros (80 dollars)? Belongs in a museum. Of course, this is a store whose sound-card selection amounts to two Creative Labs cards, and a noname brand card with one (that's right, one) capacitor and two chips on the PCB, but still.

Well, old items. If they don't sell..
    I've seen GeForce 3-cards and Vodoo-GPUs.

I used to have an FX 5200. :c

So, after installing the H100i i notice how loud my system was. If i disconnect my other fans the only thing i hear is the humming of the pump. I just realised how fucking LOUD my hard drive it. It makes an insane amount of noise O_o

Gonna see what fans i have that can serve as intake and exhaust fans but still be really silent.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    So, after installing the H100i i notice how loud my system was. If i disconnect my other fans the only thing i hear is the humming of the pump. I just realised how fucking LOUD my hard drive it. It makes an insane amount of noise O_o

Gonna see what fans i have that can serve as intake and exhaust fans but still be really silent.
    Only time I hear my hard drives are when they spin up after being in sleep mode. What kind of drives do you have?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    I RMA'd my Corsair H100 and asked if i could get the H100i back instead of a regular H100. I'd ofc pay some extra to match the price of a H100i, but this way i would've have to buy a 100i. Today i got my package from corsair back and it contained a H100i. Seems like corsair approved my request I just hope this wont have noise issues that i've heard other people have had. Got two NF-F12 from noctua that'll run the thing in a pull configuration.
    So did they have you pay the difference or?

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 03:31 AM ----------

Pictures of dual monitor stand setup and finalization all coming tomorrow to the Post Your Gaming Setup thread.

Too tired now to bother going through the pics and all that crap.

You have something to look forward to.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Only time I hear my hard drives are when they spin up after being in sleep mode. What kind of drives do you have?
    Its some WD 500GB drive. cant remember the exact drive name. will check when i get home from school.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So did they have you pay the difference or?

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 03:31 AM ----------

Pictures of dual monitor stand setup and finalization all coming tomorrow to the Post Your Gaming Setup thread.

Too tired now to bother going through the pics and all that crap.

You have something to look forward to.
    I think they have drawn some money from my bank account. will check that later. Eitherway, its fine with me since i asked for it.

Also i definitely want to see those pictures

Now i just need to make some proper intake and exhaust set up. Currently the only intake is the NF-F12's pulling air through the rad. But the rest of my fans are so loud. I got like 15 random fans from different cases and some that followed with coolers, so i got some different fans to try out and see what works best.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* Yeah I also ended up with a fan collection (Sickleflows, Lian-li's, Blademasters) because they were going so cheap. Bad idea and waste of money in hindsight, I should've just bought 1 set of solid quality fans like Scythe GT's or maybe even Noctuas (urgh dat color) and called it a day. Or waited till Corsair released their SP/AF fans and bought those, because now I've ended up with those anyway haha :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Been meaning to clean my computer top to bottom one of these days but I just cbf lol, I need to get myself an air compressor, canned air is bloody expensive.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    How can people pay money for a CAN OF AIR :S

A CAN

OF AIR
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    How can people pay money for a CAN OF AIR :S

A CAN

OF AIR
    Lol cans of compressed air, you know what I mean.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

15+ Year Old Account
    It's compressed too. And comes in a nice bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    It's compressed too. And comes in a nice bottle...
    Yep, sure does. Its a ripoff at $10+/can.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-02-28 at 04:13 PM.

A few weeks ago, I was in a store, and I saw a brand of compressed air, and on the front of the can was a dude using it holding it upside down... Not even joking

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    A few weeks ago, I was in a store, and I saw a brand of compressed air, and on the front of the can was a dude using it holding it upside down... Not even joking
    Obviously he was cleaning out the cap of all that dirty air.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Didn't want to make a new thread but I decided to OC my card some more and low and behold I think it's voltage locked. This is the card I have, mind you I got it for $345 at the time due to a discount I had so I said meh why not plus I love their coolers. When I got it I just put it at 1050/1500 but I bumped it up to 1070/1600 on stock today but then it hit me that it was voltage locked so I'm a little pissed. But does anyone no of a way around this through a BIOS unlock or something?

I think my windforce 7950 goes to 1.300V and you really shouldn't need more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Didn't want to make a new thread but I decided to OC my card some more and low and behold I think it's voltage locked. This is the card I have, mind you I got it for $345 at the time due to a discount I had so I said meh why not plus I love their coolers. When I got it I just put it at 1050/1500 but I bumped it up to 1070/1600 on stock today but then it hit me that it was voltage locked so I'm a little pissed. But does anyone no of a way around this through a BIOS unlock or something?
    There is an option in MSI afterburner to enable Voltage control if that is the software you are using.

I think you need to change the config file with that disclaimer line before it lets you mess with voltages.

Hmm I tried messing with that cfg file you mentioned butler but I keep getting access denied. Also nocturnal I have the enable voltage control on of checked on but it does nothing even with restarting the program.