ForteXorcist tracking

Hello,

I recently downloaded ForteXorcist and have been using it, while it's a great addon something has been bugging me with it and wonder if any other locks have encountered this and could provide a fix if there is one.

As you can see in the image it's still tracking CoE even though I'm not in combat, is there any way to make it stop tracking when I leave combat or something like that so that I don't have to wait the full duration for it to disappear.

If anyone can help thanks a lot.

Spell Timer > Basics > Hide when out of combat

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap View Post
    Spell Timer > Basics > Hide when out of combat
    Well that was a simple fix haha, thanks a lot Pikatrap.

Here's a better explanation of what is happening. An addon cannot get buff/debuff times from something that is not shown by standard unit targeting (target, focus, target's target, etc...) When you apply a debuff to a target then start targeting something else the addon just lets the timers run. As soon as you retarget the thing with the timers the addon will refresh them including removing ones that have fallen off.

In the case of the target dummy that CoE is going to tick on it whether you are in combat or not. So for that case the above solution is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to spam the forum with similar threads, so I'll just ask here.

You use forteXorcist to track your debuffs on several targets at the same time, but can you keep more than one target in "focus" with it? I think there's a limit on real focused targets in WoW, so you can only use an ability+modificator on one focused target only. But is there a way (some addon perhaps), that lets you not only track the debuffs, but also target you enemies by clicking on a corresponing debuff panel.

Tabbing through targets proves to be very ineffective and clicking doesn't always work out well in the heat of battle.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Don't want to spam the forum with similar threads, so I'll just ask here.

You use forteXorcist to track your debuffs on several targets at the same time, but can you keep more than one target in "focus" with it? I think there's a limit on real focused targets in WoW, so you can only use an ability+modificator on one focused target only. But is there a way (some addon perhaps), that lets you not only track the debuffs, but also target you enemies by clicking on a corresponing debuff panel.

Tabbing through targets proves to be very ineffective and clicking doesn't always work out well in the heat of battle.
    I'm pretty sure this would imply creating on-the-fly secure hotspot while in combat (ie, each time you add a dot on a new target, create a secure frame that, when clicked, would target the appropriate target), which is not allowed by blizzard lua API. The only way I could see it working are :
    - If target have different name, create a frame for each of them showing debuffs & linked to appropriates "/tar" macros, main problem is you would have to somehow tell the addon -before the start of the combat- that "okay there'll be mobs named this, this, this and that", and you'll need as many different "boxes" as mobs that will apear (ie, you can't "re-use" space for different names) (I don't know any addon doing it though, just that it's possible)
    - If target have identical name, best you can do is show nameplates and use an addon to show your dot duration on nameplates (forteXorsist doesn't do this, but I'm pretty sure TidyPlates can). Only problem you'll have is that they will be moving as the mobs moves (or as you move your camera)
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-03-05 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to hide Forte's Cooldown timer when casting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    Is there a way to hide Forte's Cooldown timer when casting?
    While I approve of trying to use an existing thread to get a question answered, opening a 1 year old thread is not the way to do it, especially not since there's been a new expansion that has most likely changed much of how addons work. I suggest you make a new thread about this question, either here or even better on the Interface and Macro's sub forum.