Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Update from before. I've gained 2 levels and a few quest/dungeon items.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Brophy/simple

I assume it'd be easy enough to solo Kael currently, yes?
    I wouldn't say easy but should definitely be doable, for best bet pull kael and run out of his room and spread the advisors out from there all the way to the entrance so you don't get overwhelmed in P3.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    I didnt see any kills of Nefarian 10, so i think this is world first Nefarian 10 solo by warlock youtube.com / watch?v=zgsA_DPOvYA
    Congrats on the kill, but can we please refrain from calling stuff 'world first'? There are many other people that have gotten first solo kills on fights in here but don't throw around the 'world first' tag on it. This tag is starting to feel quite overused and obnoxious...
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I wouldn't say easy but should definitely be doable, for best bet pull kael and run out of his room and spread the advisors out from there all the way to the entrance so you don't get overwhelmed in P3.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 09:22 AM ----------

Congrats on the kill, but can we please refrain from calling stuff 'world first'? There are many other people that have gotten first solo kills on fights in here but don't throw around the 'world first' tag on it. This tag is starting to feel quite overused and obnoxious...
    Nothing obnoxious about it. He was the first Warlock to do it, he pioneered the strategy, so he should get credit for it.

Congratulations, Kalen.

I'm not trying downgrade his accomplishment, I just feel that so many people throw around the 'world first' tag on everything they do these days.

I'm not trying downgrade his accomplishment, I just feel that so many people throw around the 'world first' tag on everything they do these days.
    Someone's jelly.

=============

Nice kill gratz.

And how do you know if you were even first doing it? Because you were first posting about it on a forum providing a screenshot or do you have to upload a video to YouTube as proof? It's a silly topic and I agree with you with there not being much point to brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    And how do you know if you were even first doing it? Because you were first posting about it on a forum providing a screenshot or do you have to upload a video to YouTube as proof? It's a silly topic and I agree with you with there not being much point to brag about it.

This game THRIVES on personal and group accomplishments. Being the first to do it is a big deal to LOTS of players. Just because you don't have an interest in it doesn't mean others don't.

You might be into achieves, and another player might be into collecting all the pets. Others might be into soloing content first, or making gladiator.

My point is, if you're the first to do it, brag your butt off. You deserve it!

Did you even read my post?

Thanks really hate phase 3. The mage chick makes me want to rage >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Did you even read my post?
    First until proven otherwise. Brag away.

Managed to solo LK 10 normal last night. Felt pretty good, expecially because I had tried quite a few specs to do it. Destruction was terrible, ended up swapping to demo with soul link/harvest life and 2/5 tier 5 (thank god I saved them pieces). Wiped like 15-18 times with that spec because I either got picked up by a valkyr, then I remembered I could ofcourse use my teleport to avoid the falling and after that I found out our threat drop changes into a taunt... I really should go through my spellbook more often.

Some more wipes caused by necrotic plague (stacks of 10-12) raping me coming off dieing ghouls. Then found out I could flap my wings to knock them back just before they die, learn 2 play issue I guess.

So that was my first ICC 10 normal solo run, sucks that I needed help to do Valithria but oh well. Next week ill do ICC 10 heroic. Is recording with fraps high enough quality for such things?

2x two handed mace as loot, bitch please. Having some serious fun soloing old content !
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Managed to solo LK 10 normal last night. Felt pretty good, expecially because I had tried quite a few specs to do it. Destruction was terrible, ended up swapping to demo with soul link/harvest life and 2/5 tier 5 (thank god I saved them pieces). Wiped like 15-18 times with that spec because I either got picked up by a valkyr, then I remembered I could ofcourse use my teleport to avoid the falling and after that I found out our threat drop changes into a taunt... I really should go through my spellbook more often.

Some more wipes caused by necrotic plague (stacks of 10-12) raping me coming off dieing ghouls. Then found out I could flap my wings to knock them back just before they die, learn 2 play issue I guess.

So that was my first ICC 10 normal solo run, sucks that I needed help to do Valithria but oh well. Next week ill do ICC 10 heroic. Is recording with fraps high enough quality for such things?

2x two handed mace as loot, bitch please. Having some serious fun soloing old content !
    You would have a much easier time as Affliction and letting your pet tank. He won't get targeted by Necrotic Plague so you can just make sure he's tanking whichever mob is infected by the Plague and it will spread around the mobs and never reach you (since you'll be stood at range). When a 1 stack plague is cast on you then you just run in with some cooldowns up, drop the plague, run out.

You use Soulburn: Health Funnel to keep your pet alive and Drain Soul the boss as needed for shards.

You shouldn't really get overwhelmed, you can equip staves.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You shouldn't really get overwhelmed, you can equip staves.
    I've heard the staff can be buggy at times, not sure if it actually is or if people just fail to click the staff twice to get the buff. All I know is I haven't used the staff since 5.0 because I can just blow everything up faster if I use my higher end weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    How was Marrowgar 25 Heroic soloed? He bone spikes during the bonestorm on 25 man even if you're the tank. Or was it done as a Goblin/Worgen?

I might be missing something with the Goblin/Worgen part as I'm not seeing how that makes a difference. But I know he doesn't bone spike during bonestorm if you are the only person there, so perhaps dismissing your pet right before each bonestorm will help. As that makes it so you don't. I've solo'ed it on my DK as Blood and didn't get spiked. Then me (on paladin) and shaman friendly duo'ed it and he didn't bone spike at all.

So not sure what's causing you to get bone spiked during the fight. In order to avoid spikes with 2 people as long as both are in front of him when he casts it you won't get a spike that way as the other person takes the OT strikes at that point and is immune to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I might be missing something with the Goblin/Worgen part as I'm not seeing how that makes a difference. But I know he doesn't bone spike during bonestorm if you are the only person there, so perhaps dismissing your pet right before each bonestorm will help. As that makes it so you don't. I've solo'ed it on my DK as Blood and didn't get spiked. Then me (on paladin) and shaman friendly duo'ed it and he didn't bone spike at all.

So not sure what's causing you to get bone spiked during the fight. In order to avoid spikes with 2 people as long as both are in front of him when he casts it you won't get a spike that way as the other person takes the OT strikes at that point and is immune to it.
    I think it's because Bone Spike Graveyard has a race parameter in its targetting for some reason, so if you play a race which didn't exist in Wrath he can't spike you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    I think it's because Bone Spike Graveyard has a race parameter in its targetting for some reason, so if you play a race which didn't exist in Wrath he can't spike you.
    Ah ok. If that's the case then it makes sense. I was thinking in terms of racials and was drawing a blank. Though if the other races are having issues with spikes they can dismiss their pet as bonestorm is about to hit leaving them at the only one and would negate the spike itself from spawning.

Ah ok. If that's the case then it makes sense. I was thinking in terms of racials and was drawing a blank. Though if the other races are having issues with spikes they can dismiss their pet as bonestorm is about to hit leaving them at the only one and would negate the spike itself from spawning.
    No, that does not work on 25 heroic. That's what this discussion is about.

No, that does not work on 25 heroic. That's what this discussion is about.
    Why doesn't it work on 25 heroic? I've solo'ed it on a Blood DK and never got spiked during Bonestorm. When I duo'ed it with a shammy he was never spiked if he was standing in front of Marrowgar before he cast it, but would get it during Bonestorm. This was all done on 25 Heroic so I'm not seeing how dismissing your pet wouldn't cause the same thing when Bonestorm is going on.

Why doesn't it work on 25 heroic? I've solo'ed it on a Blood DK and never got spiked during Bonestorm. When I duo'ed it with a shammy he was never spiked if he was standing in front of Marrowgar before he cast it, but would get it during Bonestorm. This was all done on 25 Heroic so I'm not seeing how dismissing your pet wouldn't cause the same thing when Bonestorm is going on.
    Marrowgar will spike you on 25 Heroic during bonestorm no matter if you are the tank or not. Doesn't matter if you have a pet out, have no pet out, tank the whole thing yourself, anything. For this reason he is unsoloable unless you are a Worgen, Goblin, or able to kill him before Bone Storm. This is common knowledge and has been tried and tested many times.

So, if you have trully soloed it on 25 Heroic, then you are or were a Goblin/Worgen.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-03-01 at 02:14 AM.

Marrowgar will spike you on 25 Heroic during bonestorm no matter if you are the tank or not. Doesn't matter if you have a pet out, have no pet out, tank the whole thing yourself, anything. For this reason he is unsoloable unless you are a Worgen, Goblin, or able to kill him before Bone Storm. This is common knowledge and has been tried and tested many times.

So, if you have trully soloed it on 25 Heroic, then you are or were a Goblin/Worgen.
    I don't, never did it with me. The only goblin class I have is a hunter/shaman and neither have done ICC at all. My Death Knight was Blood Elf. I'll go back in later this week and see again. Just never really went back in after the axe dropped.

Edit: After googling I might've gotten lucky the one time I did go in there and it bugged and didn't do it

Even with that being the case you can still have your pet macro'ed to target the spike and attack it to break it as hunters do
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-03-01 at 03:59 AM.