The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I agree. I think that issue was largely resolved or at the very least a "you decide if she is the Normandy or just a part of it".
    That is however irrelevant to the reality.
    It reminds me of DATA from star trek. Where starfleet deems him being worth a look at replicating. This raises the question of whether he is alive and counted as a person. With EDI it is the same sort of issue, what constitutes a life form? Is she merely a component? etc.
    Data (not all caps - it's a name) had a different issue, Starfleet considered him a tool, a property of Starfleet, and that issue was resolved.
    But we do not deny EDI the right to be considered a sentient being.
    For me She is now the normandy, she originally was just an AI shackled into the core mainframe and now she interfaces with the ship almost entirely. Seeing/feeling what the ship does. The AI body she gets doesn't house her entirely though, so thats a tool for her to use but I imagine if you chose the synthesis ending she would be entirely transferred into that body I would imagine as if its the "final" evolution of all life I can't imagine why she would be housed in the ship still if this was the case.
    The SexBot version of EDI is not different from Normandy version in regards of how she perceives and uses it. In both cases it's just a tool she uses to interact with the environment. The very fact of that proofs that she exists separately from her "body". She needs a body to fully exist, yes, but it can be ANY body. And that body doesn't change her personality - only her abilities. The problem of why she can't be inside the SexBot physically - is the logistical one, not fundamental. She's a big girl and SexBots come only in Slim sizes.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    but it can be ANY body.
    And now I see EDI in a geth platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    And now I see EDI in a geth platform.
    Imagine Geth Juggernaut saying "Hi, It's me - EDI!" in sexy Tricia's voice.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Imagine Geth Juggernaut saying "Hi, It's me - EDI!" in sexy Tricia's voice.
    Exactly what I imagined. Giggles were had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Exactly what I imagined. Giggles were had.
    Now imagine Joker's face!

Now imagine Joker's face!

And he thought the possibility of a shattered pelvis was high with the infiltration unit...

That is however irrelevant to the reality.

Data (not all caps - it's a name) had a different issue, Starfleet considered him a tool, a property of Starfleet, and that issue was resolved.

The SexBot version of EDI is not different from Normandy version in regards of how she perceives and uses it. In both cases it's just a tool she uses to interact with the environment. The very fact of that proofs that she exists separately from her "body". She needs a body to fully exist, yes, but it can be ANY body. And that body doesn't change her personality - only her abilities. The problem of why she can't be inside the SexBot physically - is the logistical one, not fundamental. She's a big girl and SexBots come only in Slim sizes.
    Data I know is a name its also proves not proofs. I can be an ass too you know please don't nit pick. Ag666, not sure why you have a chip on your shoulder or if its just the way you type. I did not compare Data and his situation I said it reminds me of his situation.

On topic,

It is not irrelevant to the reality at all. Would you explain why? It is pretty much there for the player to decide on what they think the answer should be. For me it was she is the Normandy in as much as we are organic beings in a body, she has the ability to be in many places at once. She is after all a different form of life.

I agree with the EDI bot being an issue of space to get EDI to fit entirely in that body. I wonder though if you choose the green ending if she does transfer entirely to the EDI bot. Not sure if there is any information about this though so its just an assumption, an interesting one at that though.

For clarification Starfleet never considered data a tool. The status of commander data was up for debate in the episode measure of a man and it was ultimately resolved that he was a person and had the right to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    For clarification Starfleet never considered data a tool. The status of commander data was up for debate in the episode measure of a man and it was ultimately resolved that he was a person and had the right to choose.
    One of my most favoured episodes as well - The way Old Jean Luc goes to aid him and defend him was brilliant. Didn't they do a similar thing in Voyager with Holograms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Data I know is a name its also proves not proofs. I can be an ass too you know please don't nit pick. Ag666, not sure why you have a chip on your shoulder or if its just the way you type. I did not compare Data and his situation I said it reminds me of his situation.
    I wasn't trying to be an ass. You used his name as abbreviation or acronym in the sentence that refers to his struggle to be considered a person. I found that ironic and reminded you about this mistake

It is not irrelevant to the reality at all. Would you explain why? It is pretty much there for the player to decide on what they think the answer should be. For me it was she is the Normandy in as much as we are organic beings in a body, she has the ability to be in many places at once. She is after all a different form of life.
    It is irrelevant to reality exactly because of that. You, or rather Shepard, is in no way an expert in the matter and cannot be the judge. No matter wht he (you) think is irrelevant to the actual reality of things.
    I agree with the EDI bot being an issue of space to get EDI to fit entirely in that body. I wonder though if you choose the green ending if she does transfer entirely to the EDI bot. Not sure if there is any information about this though so its just an assumption, an interesting one at that though.
    There's not, Bioware just didn't thought that thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    The main line of attack that engineer (who wanted to "clone" Data) used was "Data is property of Starfleet", the second one "Data is not a person, not even a sentient being", Data can't even resign from Starfleet, that officially makes Data a tool, considering the goal of "putting a Data in every Starfleet starship" as if it was a device to be used for enhancement. You know, advanced warp coil, +3 to efficiency.
    Legally Data's status was not established. He was allowed to join Starfleet Academy (with help of the very same engineer, Maddox, who now wants him disassembled for science) and that's it.
    But it was resolved thanks to Picard and Riker. Who proved that Data is a person even though Riker had to prove otherwise.
    And that created a precedent in Star Trek universe (which somehow was ignored in Voyager's similar issue about Doctor's Hologram copyrights)
    Data is officially a person now.
    Re-watch the episode, I have re-watched the whole series a month ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 08:52 PM ----------

Didn't they do a similar thing in Voyager with Holograms?
    No, they did it as if Data's precedent didn't happen. Doctor got no rights except for Copyright ones. He is still an EMH/ECH.

I wasn't trying to be an ass. You used his name as abbreviation or acronym in the sentence that refers to his struggle to be considered a person. I found that ironic and reminded you about this mistake

It is irrelevant to reality exactly because of that. You, or rather Shepard, is in no way an expert in the matter and cannot be the judge. No matter wht he (you) think is irrelevant to the actual reality of things.

There's not, Bioware just didn't thought that thru.

The main line of attack that engineer (who wanted to "clone" Data) used was "Data is property of Starfleet", the second one "Data is not a person, not even a sentient being", Data can't even resign from Starfleet, that officially makes Data a tool, considering the goal of "putting a Data in every Starfleet starship" as if it was a device to be used for enhancement. You know, advanced warp coil, +3 to efficiency.
    Legally Data's status was not established. He was allowed to join Starfleet Academy (with help of the very same engineer, Maddox, who now wants him disassembled for science) and that's it.
    But it was resolved thanks to Picard and Riker. Who proved that Data is a person even though Riker had to prove otherwise.
    And that created a precedent in Star Trek universe (which somehow was ignored in Voyager's similar issue about Doctor's Hologram copyrights)
    Data is officially a person now.
    Re-watch the episode, I have re-watched the whole series a month ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 08:52 PM ----------

No, they did it as if Data's precedent didn't happen. Doctor got no rights except for Copyright ones. He is still an EMH/ECH.
    Apologies if you were not being an ass, it was however quite rude I will let you off though!

You did not really answer why its irrelevant but I guess we won't see eye to eye on this. So I will drop this point. I agree about Bioware not thinking it through on EDI Bot after credits. There are many things they did not think through unfortunately. Thanks for clearing up the voyager episode. It was a long time ago that I saw that. On the whole are holograms alive subject there was another one where the hologram tech they give to those "hunter" people were made to really mimic sentient beings was there not? They even led a mini rebellion or escape attempt if I remember correctly?

That said I found voyager to be one of the least exciting of the Star Trek series. Always preferred TNG, must be due to Good old Sir Patrick Stewart.

I did feel the whole EDI bot thing was more fan service than anything else. Why did she all of a sudden go chrome. I can't remember if that was ever explained.... or the fact she had high heels why would an robot body require such a poor choice of shoe wear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did not really answer why its irrelevant
    Because it's an opinion. Opinions are not facts therefore they are irrelevant to how things really are.
    Thanks for clearing up the voyager episode. It was a long time ago that I saw that. On the whole are holograms alive subject there was another one where the hologram tech they give to those "hunter" people were made to really mimic sentient beings was there not? They even led a mini rebellion or escape attempt if I remember correctly?
    Yeah, there were such holograms, they were somewhat unshackled by Hirogen so they can evolve into "heroic mode" holograms for Hirogen to prey upon (for training purposes). And they did evolve into that, sadly they evolved ONLY into that culminating as Predators themselves. And had to be put down. Leaving only one more peaceful hologram on a ship. Hirogen engineer who unshackled them decided to stay and fix the damage (he did to holograms).

Doctor betrayed Voyager in the first part, and then admitted it to be a mistake in the second part.
    That said I found voyager to be one of the least exciting of the Star Trek series. Always preferred TNG, must be due to Good old Sir Patrick Stewart.
    On that we can agree. The weakest show of them all, though I didn't watch TOS (couldn't make myself to do it).
    I did feel the whole EDI bot thing was more fan service than anything else. Why did she all of a sudden go chrome. I can't remember if that was ever explained.... or the fact she had high heels why would an robot body require such a poor choice of shoe wear.
    Well yeah, there were no meaningful reason for her to possess the Eva's bot, as to bot's Sexy appearance - that's Eva Core's body after all, an Cerberus agent designed to blend in human population as Dr.Eva. No wonder it's a SexBot.

Because it's an opinion. Opinions are not facts therefore they are irrelevant to how things really are.

Yeah, there were such holograms, they were somewhat unshackled by Hirogen so they can evolve into "heroic mode" holograms for Hirogen to prey upon (for training purposes). And they did evolve into that, sadly they evolved ONLY into that culminating as Predators themselves. And had to be put down. Leaving only one more peaceful hologram on a ship. Hirogen engineer who unshackled them decided to stay and fix the damage (he did to holograms).

Doctor betrayed Voyager in the first part, and then admitted it to be a mistake in the second part.

On that we can agree. The weakest show of them all, though I didn't watch TOS (couldn't make myself to do it).

Well yeah, there were no meaningful reason for her to possess the Eva's bot, as to bot's Sexy appearance - that's Eva Core's body after all, an Cerberus agent designed to blend in human population as Dr.Eva. No wonder it's a SexBot.
    I struggle to watch TOS. It is TNG - DS9 - then enterprise/voyager at last place for me.

Fair enough on the differing opinions. I see what you meant by that now. We can agree to disagree on the subject which is fine (the whole normandy edi body thing)

Yeh that hologram episode was promisingly one of their better ones. Shame there were so few of these good episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggle to watch TOS. It is TNG - DS9 - then enterprise/voyager at last place for me.

Fair enough on the differing opinions. I see what you meant by that now. We can agree to disagree on the subject which is fine (the whole normandy edi body thing)

Yeh that hologram episode was promisingly one of their better ones. Shame there were so few of these good episodes.
    I liked Enterprise more than Voyager and I think it's on par with DS9, if we close our eyes on the fact that it was cut short.
    I liked first season, then Xindi ruined everything, I liked Temporal War afterwards (that Nazi episode for instance), I think had they focused on Temporal War instead of Xindi it would've been better.

Also I love Mirror Universe Enterprise episodes. Enterprise one's are the best IMO, with DS9's coming second

This weekend's Op just got posted.

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/28/operation-impact/

Operation: IMPACT (Mar 1st-3rd)

Event Description: Recent losses have prompted us to incorporate troop reinforcements from unorthodox sources. These teammates were selected for their insight into anti-Reaper tactics. Integrating their techniques is a mission-critical objective.

Individual Goal: Extract on any difficulty while playing as a Reckoning kit.

Reward: Commendation Pack
    I smell a Juggernaut solo this weekend! :P

I wonder how long they are going to keep the ME3 multiplayer up, along with constant new weekend challenges. It would be a shame if it all went to waste when ME4 came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I wonder how long they are going to keep the ME3 multiplayer up, along with constant new weekend challenges. It would be a shame if it all went to waste when ME4 came out.
    They confirmed a "few" more weekend challenges and no more DLCs. That few coud mean 10 more weekend challenges or 3.

I think that they will definately keep the MP servers up till ME4 maybe even after that but who knows

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Enterprise more than Voyager and I think it's on par with DS9, if we close our eyes on the fact that it was cut short.
    I liked first season, then Xindi ruined everything, I liked Temporal War afterwards (that Nazi episode for instance), I think had they focused on Temporal War instead of Xindi it would've been better.

Also I love Mirror Universe Enterprise episodes. Enterprise one's are the best IMO, with DS9's coming second
    I enjoyed the first and third season of Enterprise. The second season not so much. But the second season did something extremely well. It showed us the damage the Enterprise took, and that it wasn't magically repaired in the next episode. By the end of the season the Enterprise was a mess. I feel like it went the same way a lot of good Sci Fi shows go. They tend to get better after the first two seasons, but by then. The rating aren't there to keep them around anymore . Good thing we have people who are willing to write novels about them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    They confirmed a "few" more weekend challenges and no more DLCs. That few coud mean 10 more weekend challenges or 3.

I think that they will definately keep the MP servers up till ME4 maybe even after that but who knows
    I would assume as long as the MP packs continue to be purchased and thusly profitable to the company.

I assume the weekend challenge will stay active until the first people have all their N7s maxed out. After that they'll probably add them to the regular packs.