10+ Year Old Account
    At this rate they'd need another 10 seasons only to catch up with the comics. I don't get why they chose to progress so slowly, when they already have this much material to work with.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

I don't know if we're supposed to hate Andrea, but I do, so very very much. The big angle to come out of this snoozefest of an episode is that Tyrese's group is now potentially joining the Governor. Also, I'm interested to see the trio of Rick, Michonne, and Carl go out together next week because it's at least a fresh dynamic. When was the last time zombies were really a threat? We need some more zombies hoards in this show or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The big angle to come out of this snoozefest of an episode is that Tyrese's group is now potentially joining the Governor.
    Indeed.
    Perhaps the Governor will now know of the weak spot in the rear of the prison.
    Meaning that those inside are now trapped between the Governor (if he does take the rear entrance in) and the zombies in the front.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time zombies were really a threat? We need some more zombies hoards in this show or something.
    When the Governor attacked and sent the truck crashing through the gate, trapping the legless Hershel behind a wall of zombies. Rick getting pinned up against the fence before being saved by Daryl.

Meaning that those inside are now trapped between the Governor (if he does take the rear entrance in) and the zombies in the front.
    Definitely a possibility. Although that side of the prison is over run and as they were explaining in the episode 'Home' (I think) the tombs are filling up with walkers again. So its not as if the Governor can just walk right into the hole in the prison without being noticed.

I never thought out of the original women characters on this show I would like Carol the most. I don't understand how Andrea can be so blind to everything that is going on. When she was standing there over the Governor with the knife, I was half hoping he woke up and strangled her.

Oh and Beth Singing 'Tom Waits - Hold on' was very good. Much better the Parting Glass earlier in this season.

Anyone else notice when they get to the prison suddenly the amount of black zombies triples and 4/5 of the inmates are black or foreign. I pick up on such silly things :/

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    At this rate they'd need another 10 seasons only to catch up with the comics. I don't get why they chose to progress so slowly, when they already have this much material to work with.
    What, you crazy? 5 episodes left of the season, the Governor and Prison arc can easily end within that time.

Pretty boring episode, it was basically just to remind Andrea what is going on around her...

Hopefully next weeks episode will pick up the slack. We need an ''important'' group member to die already, the last one was Lori way back to early season 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What, you crazy? 5 episodes left of the season, the Governor and Prison arc can easily end within that time.
    Yeah but wouldn't that be sad? They invented half a season to look for Sophia but skip the awesome governor/prison part...
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Probably going to drop this show soon, it's getting really boring. Zombies aren't even a threat anymore. Also every single character seems to turn into an asshole (if he wasn't already from the beginning) so I really don't care anymore who is going to live or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Probably going to drop this show soon, it's getting really boring. Zombies aren't even a threat anymore. Also every single character seems to turn into an asshole (if he wasn't already from the beginning) so I really don't care anymore who is going to live or die.
    This is pretty much how I've felt all season. The action is certainly better than last season, but what good is it if I don't give any sort of a crap about the characters. With Shane dead and Rick in a ridiculous insane phase that's looking like it won't end anytime soon, I have nobody left to really cheer for. Daryl is okay but he's no Rick or Shane. And Michonne is, quite frankly, a stupid and unrealistic character that destroys any merit of character realism the show previously had. And like you said, it's changed it's vibe. I wanted to watch likeable people try to survive zombies, not groups of completely unlikeable people competing in turf wars with zombies in the background. And before anyone says it, I don't care if they're following the comic, nor do I care if the comic even exists. Lori dying has been the only bright spot for me this season, besides maybe Beth getting a little more screen time. What can I say, she's hot. Of course, I'm sure she'll die before the end of the season.

at this point id be happy if they did a sort of prequel season to this current season showing how they spent those 9 months before the start of season 3. where carl stops being a little bitch, carol turns cold and from the start of the season, you can tell that those 9 months were extremely rough. the only downside would be that lori would be alive but i think i can live with that for a season

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed the episode. Not every episode can be action packed. They're telling a story not making a 90min action movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last episode was okay, they didn't explain how Rick, Daryl and Merle got back inside the prison but besides that I couldn't see too much wrong with it.
    As others have already said, it can't be action 24/7. There needs to be story like the twist where Tyreese's group joins Woodbury which could lead the Governor inside the prison. I also liked how Hershel confronted Ricks mental state and challenges him to act, and Carl suggesting he should step back from the leadership role and rest. It creates a struggle with Rick where he knows he needs to rest which he can't really afford in a post apocalyptic world yet at the same time his own attitudes and personality wouldn't allow him to step away from being the leader.

The teaser trailer is certainly interesting, I'm liking the look of the next episode.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I actually enjoyed the episode. Not every episode can be action packed. They're telling a story not making a 90min action movie.
    This is what I don't understand. If they want some zombie killing entertainment they should go watch every zombie movie ever. Finally a zombie show that gives us a bit of a look into what would be a little more realistic...people NOT fighting waves and waves of zombies 24/7.

I have also been hearing the next episode is going to be pretty good. I've heard "best episode of the shows history"...we shall see.

As for the people saying the zombies aren't a threat anymore...if Glen didn't come along in the truck for Hershel he would be dead. If Daryl and Merle didn't come along Rick would be dead so I don't quite understand that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    This is what I don't understand. If they want some zombie killing entertainment they should go watch every zombie movie ever. Finally a zombie show that gives us a bit of a look into what would be a little more realistic...people NOT fighting waves and waves of zombies 24/7.

I have also been hearing the next episode is going to be pretty good. I've heard "best episode of the shows history"...we shall see.

As for the people saying the zombies aren't a threat anymore...if Glen didn't come along in the truck for Hershel he would be dead. If Daryl and Merle didn't come along Rick would be dead so I don't quite understand that argument.
    Who've you heard that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    the previews of the next episode looks great, one scene they showed makes me think of a zombie car wash lol theyre just bagning at the windows and carl like so what
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    That was what like 30 seconds of suspense? The save was telegraphed like five minutes earlier in the episode.

And by the way why is Hershel not carrying a weapon? He is the one saying the Governor is coming to get them... what a dumbass.

I'm really hoping this "run" by Rick, Carl, and Michonne gets them into some exciting zombie struggles again.

That was what like 30 seconds of suspense? The save was telegraphed like five minutes earlier in the episode.

And by the way why is Hershel not carrying a weapon? He is the one saying the Governor is coming to get them... what a dumbass.

I'm really hoping this "run" by Rick, Carl, and Michonne gets them into some exciting zombie struggles again.

Must not have seen the preview for the next episode then because otherwise you would know something exciting DOES happen =D

Oh so now it's not "zombies aren't a threat" it's "zombies aren't a threat for very long". How did you know he didn't have a weapon? The guy has one leg which I am sure he isn't used to yet, dove down in the middle of a field being shot at (if you think getting up and shooting is the right action you would be dead pretty quick...granted their shooting sucked) and THEN gets a bunch of walkers let loose on him.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2013-03-01 at 06:51 PM.