Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Hast Cap 10124

Hello everybody

I speak french so sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand what i'm saying^^

I have a question and in french forum i don't have any answer

Why nobody Shadow priest take 10124 Hast and why everybody take 8085 Hast????

I look a lot of good SP who are in the best guild and everybody have 8085 cap Hate and 0 SP have 10124...

Or i test myself with this 10124 and my DPS on all fight is UP and when i take again 8085 Hast..my dps is lower

So my question why nobody take 10124 in Hast???

Tank you for answer to me in simple english^^

apologize for my speaking in other language ( enjoy it^^)

If you have the t14 4 piece bonus there is no 10124 hastecap

Deleted

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    If you have the t14 4 piece bonus there is no 10124 hastecap

And if i don't have the T14 bonus, must i take the 10124 hast or not?

Primarily because there are actually 2 breakpoints you reach by going to 8085, where as the 10124 you only do one.
    With the 4-pc T14, the breakpoint that was initially at 10124 now becomes 8085 (due to the dot being extended an extra 3 seconds) and the one that was at 8085 gets moved down to a furthar spot (somewhere around 5300 if I remember correctly) Twintop did a post about it a while ago, I'm sure a search for it would turn up the whole list pretty quick.
    So no, generally it is not worth it to aim specifically for that breakpoint. Even without the 4-pc crit is worth more past that point on single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Primarily because there are actually 2 breakpoints you reach by going to 8085, where as the 10124 you only do one.
    With the 4-pc T14, the breakpoint that was initially at 10124 now becomes 8085 (due to the dot being extended an extra 3 seconds) and the one that was at 8085 gets moved down to a furthar spot (somewhere around 5300 if I remember correctly) Twintop did a post about it a while ago, I'm sure a search for it would turn up the whole list pretty quick.
    So no, generally it is not worth it to aim specifically for that breakpoint. Even without the 4-pc crit is worth more past that point on single target.
    i understand 3/4 what you said with my fu¤¤¤¤ english ^^

So if i understand good what you're saying, it means that like i don't have the 4 T14 Bonus, i must take 10124??? And as soon as i have the 4 Bonus T14 i take 8085.

I knew that with the 4 T14 Bonus the cap is 8085 but i'm wondering if i must have 10124 NOW with less intel ( without 4 bonus T14) or if i must stay 8085 with more intel

i repeat i'm sory for a l ot of mistakes with your language^^

No you just go to 8085 and then go for crit. doenst matter if you have t14 4piece or not.

and you will most likely need to gem haste to get the 10124 breakpoint but int is the best stat by far for SPs

Deleted
    ok thanks for your answer

Deleted
    The real increase in DPS at the 8k haste breakpoint comes from Devouring Plague. The next breakpoint for that dot occurs much higher than the one you're using, so the dps increase will not be as high as the 8k jump.

The reason you're seeing an increase in dps is probably because Haste is still good after 8k, contrary to what most believe.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, haste is still valuable after 8085, just that it no longer beats every other secondary stat by such a large amount. I believe it comes down to crit's value after reaching the 8085 breakpoint. So you can keep stacking haste, or switch over to crit.
    "Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

While crit is indeed slightly above haste past the cap on single target, I think it's worth noting that the edge crit has is very small, and once you have more than one target haste starts pulling far ahead. It might be worth it to just stack haste unless you feel like reforging for the different types of fights for a very small increase

10+ Year Old Account
    Twintop ladies and gentlemen.
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-03-01 at 07:24 AM.

If you have the LMG, there isn't any Haste Breakpoint to go for and then stop (like 8085 was for 5.0/5.1). Haste is our best secondary stat in 5.2, even after stacking 15,000 haste.

See this blog post about Haste Breakpoints in 5.2 ---> http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=577

Then see this blog post about the different talents and stat weights for 5.2 T15H (WITH the LMG) ---> http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=586
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Who is that Twintop guy with 506ilvl and w/o any WoL rankings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Then see this blog post about the different talents and stat weights for 5.2 T15H (WITH the LMG) ---> http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=586
    That's an incredible piece of theorycraft. Thank you for the time you've invested in it.

Clearly, the buff to PI & the new MFI will change our play style radically. A complete departure from the importance of maintaining ToF uptime.

I know it's off topic and a separate thread in itself but... do you think it will be necessary to time PI, DPx3orb, MFI with LMG procs? Or would it be a dps loss to do so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szer View Post
    Who is that Twintop guy with 506ilvl and w/o any WoL rankings?
    You must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    You must be new here.
    Orly?
    Szer
    How did you realized?

Anyway I cant trust guy who farms 25hm, has awesome gear and... CANT COMPETE WITH OTHERS IN HIS SPEC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway I cant trust guy who farms 25hm, has awesome gear and... CANT COMPETE WITH OTHERS IN HIS SPEC.
    Stat weights, BiS list, Spriest Simcraft module, new Haste breakpoints, general theorycrafting awesomeness... All him.

Truth time: I wrote the Shadow PvE guide that's not here and I don't rank. Knowledgeable != rankings, doesn't mean we don't know our stuff.

Ok. You have knowledge, gear and possibility to compete. What's stopping you from being ranked on bosses amongst Shadow Priests with similar gear, in same bracket, at the same boss?

Deleted
    Ok. You have knowledge, gear and possibility to compete. What's stopping you from being ranked on bosses amongst Shadow Priests with similar gear, in same bracket, at the same boss?
    Why does it matter? Player does not need top skills to get ranked results, its enough to be in right guilds (relatively fast progressing ones) as getting good gear fast means automatically good rankings...
    What stops good geared random shadow priest (or any class) ranking? Less raiding time (no time to fine-tune personal invidual boss tactics), raid composition, spesific boss tactics his guild uses, maybe not number padding like top ranking dps often is. And lot of other possible reasons. Or maybe he is just better team player and plays for killing bosses, not number padding? To rank as shadow priest you need to do less healing, help raid less with dispels, offheals, use less mana hyms etc etc.
    And this is even more true for current 5.1 shadow priests as spec is currently one of easiest dps specs to play so there is not much room for skilled player to shine.
    TLDL: rankings mean nothing

What stops good geared random shadow priest (or any class) ranking? Less raiding time (no time to fine-tune personal invidual boss tactics), raid composition, spesific boss tactics his guild uses, maybe not number padding like top ranking dps often is. And lot of other possible reasons. Or maybe he is just better team player and plays for killing bosses, not number padding? To rank as shadow priest you need to do less healing, help raid less with dispels, offheals, use less mana hyms etc etc.
    Oh, cmon. Why not just admit that he is low skill priest? Many others even in worse gear can get much better results then him.
    And his advices should be readed through prism of that thought.

If he cant manage his DPS, why he can give advice to anyone? I really dont get it.

His rank limit on most bosses nearly 80%. Its terrific.
    His log from StoneGuards (25 feb):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...1/?s=430&e=661
    VT uptime 70% - WOOOOT???? 52 sec there was NO VT at all on any guards... And all other time he cant even manage to multidot 2 target...
    MB every 21 sec - you kidding right?

Feng - 85% VT uptime, MB every 11 sec. Epicenter debuff uptime only 6sec.

And that guy teach you how to play SP?
    Ok, I get it.

I just leave that thread to you and your shadow priest idol who cant play WoW properly.

Infracted
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-03-01 at 04:40 PM.