10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    heyja groose groose

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 09:06 AM ----------

[IMG]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7101335808/hDE8AC53A/[IMG]
    First one looks shopped, you can see part of her leg going below the building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groose View Post
    That's awesome! :3 I'd like to traverse that portal.

who wouldnt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    You! Yes you!

Do you know of an easy way to remove drums from a track? I've been trying to toy around with it, since it helps a lot when you practice drums (And for some reason all the people who actually throw drumless tracks out only put the melody for the song out, and I really need the vocals)
    there's no easy way around that. Actually I don't think it's even much possible without destroying a track, but it also depends what kind of drums are we talking about.
    Drums in most types of music take up the whole frequency spectrum since they're composed of noise and all, so again it's impossible to do it. The only way you could do it with any kind of result is putting a frequency analyzer on the track and then follow at which frequencies do the drums peak, then you just take out those frequencies with an eq(I think FL studio actually has spectrum analyzer built in the eq already so you don't need to put in a separate analyzer) but you'll still destroy the track a little. The easy way around it would be is if your drums were perfectly mono and other parts of the track stereo, then you could just use the mid/side type of eq and mute the mid parts(this is how vocals are taken out usually), but since most tracks feature vocals on the mid side and you said you need vocals then well the spectrum analyzer+eq is the only thing you could do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Very very very bored =/
    If you're too bored, you can always read this :3

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e414b09.png
    slowly but surely my greatest piece of art is being completed......but god damn the detail is being a bitch to get done.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    there's no easy way around that. Actually I don't think it's even much possible without destroying a track, but it also depends what kind of drums are we talking about.
    Drums in most types of music take up the whole frequency spectrum since they're composed of noise and all, so again it's impossible to do it. The only way you could do it with any kind of result is putting a frequency analyzer on the track and then follow at which frequencies do the drums peak, then you just take out those frequencies with an eq(I think FL studio actually has spectrum analyzer built in the eq already so you don't need to put in a separate analyzer) but you'll still destroy the track a little. The easy way around it would be is if your drums were perfectly mono and other parts of the track stereo, then you could just use the mid/side type of eq and mute the mid parts(this is how vocals are taken out usually), but since most tracks feature vocals on the mid side and you said you need vocals then well the spectrum analyzer+eq is the only thing you could do
    Thanks man. I did play around with FL Studio, but everytime I tried to get into something it got too complicated and I thought "I might as well ask drek if there's an easier way before I start nuking my own music from orbit".

But if there's not, then bring out the Exterminatus!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e414b09.png
    slowly but surely my greatest piece of art is being completed......but god damn the detail is being a bitch to get done.
    and then the universe exploded

10+ Year Old Account
    Lemme' see
    * Opens Docs

I'm on paaaaage... 31 If you want my opinion, since it's an adventure fic you shouldn't worry about people taking a long time reading it. I did the same with Paradise and Dangerous Business; There were so much hidden within the words, so it takes thrice as long to read because you sometimes have to really sit and consider what is going on, and why.

That's our job, not yours
    I'm not worried about people taking a long time to read it, but if I know how long on average it takes to read X number of words (in my writing style, which I would argue is very dense), then I can better fit the final release schedule so most people finish each arc at most a few days before the next one comes out.

Also you should totally call Mr. Raven Muninn!
    I prefer to avoid 'words' that are groups of random letters I think sound/look cool. It's a pretty big reason that I like keeping BWSD as a ponyfic'--names that are legitimate words are standard fare (Rarity). Personally I don't think any reader should need to keep a mental glossary of completely made-up names and terms, if they can keep a glossary of words that already exist instead. It just works better, if you ask me, and it's less of me asking you to learn my language, and more of me asking you to learn more about the language you're already using.

For example, all of my OC names are either legitimate words, or slight adaptations that make them better suited to being a name.
    Canzonetta, Descant, Azimuth, Gravitas, Cavantina (adapted Cavatina), etc.

Same thing goes for in-universe concepts/places/etc. Tartarus (referred to in-show), Dreamscape (alluded to in-show), the Calamus, etc.

Lucifa is one of the few words I use that's pretty far from its original form. It's a slight (female) adaptation from Lucifer (or more specifically, luciferase and luciferin).

Sorry for wall of text, but I really don't like making people learn words that I just made up. If you're gonna learn a new word to read my story, I don't see why it has to be a word I made up and not a legitimate word that you just didn't know

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Fanfiction for various reasons that I cannot share here

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    So many silly ponies has come on...

...Halli Hallo silly ponies! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    and then the universe exploded
    and I still have to draw regular finn talking to fionna and farmworld finn and add in some more background which is a very very slow process and is the main reason I've been absent from the thread and since its 3am here its time for me to sleep.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because he hates me and because all fanfiction is clearly senseless fan gibberish and people shipping various ponies for no other reason than they want to.

-grumblegrumble-

(Sorry, I'm beyond sick of "well it's fanfiction so it must be garbage".)

(Also, Ziru--Just looked up Munin, sorry for the little crusade I went on. It's...fitting somewhat, I'll grant you that, but I'm also averse to using mythology that only a few people will know about.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    It's because he hates me and because all fanfiction is clearly senseless fan gibberish and people shipping various ponies for no other reason than they want to.

-grumblegrumble-
    That is so far from not being the reason that it and the reason don't even exist in the same dimension

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem flanks... o.o Wing boner activate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I saw either here or in another thread, an image of six cupcakes. Like real ones, not drawn. each one was colored in a scheme of each pony, and had a little decoration thing of each one's cutie mark. wondering if someone here remembers seeing that and can provide a link.

10+ Year Old Account

-grumblegrumble-

(Sorry, I'm beyond sick of "well it's fanfiction so it must be garbage".)
    If it makes you feel any better i don't read fan fics because im not a big fan of reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Who's the vocalist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Shush you lewd FG

10+ Year Old Account
    That is so far from not being the reason that it and the reason don't even exist in the same dimension
    Do share. I'm listening.

Deleted
    I'm not worried about people taking a long time to read it, but if I know how long on average it takes to read X number of words (in my writing style, which I would argue is very dense), then I can better fit the final release schedule so most people finish each arc at most a few days before the next one comes out.

I prefer to avoid 'words' that are groups of random letters I think sound/look cool. It's a pretty big reason that I like keeping BWSD as a ponyfic'--names that are legitimate words are standard fare (Rarity). Personally I don't think any reader should need to keep a mental glossary of completely made-up names and terms, if they can keep a glossary of words that already exist instead. It just works better, if you ask me, and it's less of me asking you to learn my language, and more of me asking you to learn more about the language you're already using.

For example, all of my OC names are either legitimate words, or slight adaptations that make them better suited to being a name.
    Canzonetta, Descant, Azimuth, Gravitas, Cavantina (adapted Cavatina), etc.

Same thing goes for in-universe concepts/places/etc. Tartarus (referred to in-show), Dreamscape (alluded to in-show), the Calamus, etc.

Lucifa is one of the few words I use that's pretty far from its original form. It's a slight (female) adaptation from Lucifer (or more specifically, luciferase and luciferin).

Sorry for wall of text, but I really don't like making people learn words that I just made up. If you're gonna learn a new word to read my story, I don't see why it has to be a word I made up and not a legitimate word that you just didn't know
    But Muninn is the name of Odin's raven

But yeah, I get'cha. Though, I have to admit (I hope this is what is considered "friendly critique") the names of your OC's can be hard to remember, since they are hard words. Like, normally in fanfics, ponies names are Sunny Smiles and Dusty Roads and Morning Dew, and in yours it's Zephyr, Azimuth, Cavatina and Descant

I know it's not your style to do it differently, but it's something that's good to be aware of, right?
    Ok