Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, if you want a chance at bonus loot, you would be required to do something. Otherwise they'd just have it so you have a bonus chance on any boss of your choice that's only useable once a week. In which case I do see something like that happening at the end of this expansion as they go towards a new system for the next expansion.
    Yes but why does that something have to be boring activities like dailies? Why can't we have more options for lesser charms?

If we had rep tabards in MoP. We would have everything exalted and not enough VP to spend on things, thus taking the same amount of time to get the rewards offered. 1k valor cap per week, about 15k worth of valor needed to buy everything. Still would take around the same time of getting those rewards.
    Oh I agree valor gains need to be increased to. The absurd cap and the absurd low gains. No argument here.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'll be okay with them adding rep tabards if they put a limit on how much rep you can get from them.
    Why should that matter to you? You can still go slow. It's all optional right. What are you saying you won't touch your beloved dalies if theirs a better alternative? I am BLLLLLLLLLOWNN AWAY BY THAT. You must be kidding. Who would have thought...

It's like most of you never did dailies before or something and then the developers made all the alternatives shitier and put an enorumsely compelling reward behind the dailies and called it a better design or something.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-01 at 09:53 PM.

If we had rep tabards in MoP. We would have everything exalted and not enough VP to spend on things, thus taking the same amount of time to get the rewards offered. 1k valor cap per week, about 15k worth of valor needed to buy everything. Still would take around the same time of getting those rewards.
    Time isn't the issue. Its that we have to do daily quests. Which we hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yes but why does that something have to be boring activities like dailies? Why can't we have more options for lesser charms?
    It's a new system and they're testing it out, as the expansion goes on I'm sure they'll add more ways (hopefully) to get those charms. Could make dungeon bosses drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    And now to you trolls and fanboys. You were wrong all along, the new system has flaws and Blizzard admits it. You can go ahead and keep your dictionary open and grasp at definitions. But the fact remains that you lost and you can't deal with it.
    Same can be said for heroic 5-man difficulty, questing getting easier, new talent trees, Pandas, etc..... Just because Blizz says they miscalculated the playerbase response does not mean that people who did understand the intent were "wrong".

Unless you mean that every time Blizz changes something, it is 100% correct, and anyone who believes otherwise is "wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they haven't brought back rep tabards for the whining babies, who were right all along, yet.
    Had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So I guess in your view Cata made it mandatory for you to spend massive amounts of gold on the AH to buy the wrist enchant recipes, right? You do remember where wrist enchants in Cata came from, don't you?
    Your argument against me comes from the worst expansion in the game's lifespan? And, no, it wasn't "mandatory" for you to buy the wrist enchants via the AH. They were random drops coming from anything in dungeons to raids. That means the AH wasn't the ONLY place to get them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Had to be said.
    Right about what?

Wrath > Epics are too easy to get, make them mean something. qq This was when ilvl first mattered for dungeon finder, not really big complaints as how many people wanted to grind dungeons, and for what reason?

Cata > I don't like wearing blues, I want epics again, qq. Dungeon finder still ruled, not much QQ because raid finder was introduced at the end of the expansion, and by then, all we had to do was spam the new 5 mans for gear, not requiring any rep, jp, or vp.

MoP > Epics require work to get, and I still don't like wearing blues. qq This is the first time we've had both LFD and LFR at launch, starting from scratch, there was going to be work required to get to that ilvl, which ever work it was, there would of been complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Your argument against me comes from the worst expansion in the game's lifespan? And, no, it wasn't "mandatory" for you to buy the wrist enchants via the AH. They were random drops coming from anything in dungeons to raids. That means the AH wasn't the ONLY place to get them.
    AH took RNG out of it. Just like rep takes RNG out of gear. I can see a correlation from that aspect. However, enchant recipes can be used to create enchants where you made the money back fairly quickly. So it has no correlation from that aspect.

No one ever really gave a shit about dailies until Blizz had the bright idea to stick something related to raiding into dailies. Like that makes dailies more relevent or enjoyable.

For the longest time people had options. You could do dailies to max rep in cata or grind dungeons if you choose? What's wrong with choices? All Ghostcrawler has done since WOTLK is take away your choices. Homogenized classes, boring quests, boring dailies, gating stories behind stupid dailies, and raid lockouts. There's a pattern here that everyone glosses over.

Right about what?

Wrath > Epics are too easy to get, make them mean something. qq This was when ilvl first mattered for dungeon finder, not really big complaints as how many people wanted to grind dungeons, and for what reason?

Cata > I don't like wearing blues, I want epics again, qq. Dungeon finder still ruled, not much QQ because raid finder was introduced at the end of the expansion, and by then, all we had to do was spam the new 5 mans for gear, not requiring any rep, jp, or vp.

MoP > Epics require work to get, and I still don't like wearing blues. qq This is the first time we've had both LFD and LFR at launch, starting from scratch, there was going to be work required to get to that ilvl, which ever work it was, there would of been complaints.
    Dungeons aren't work for many of us. Especially dungeons that were as rewarding as in cataclysm and in wrath. Funny enough they've simple moved the double dipping into raids now. It's fucking GREAT. I love it. I mean you can't really spam the raids but at least the rep is tied to an activity I want to do and would be doing anyway. Not going out of my fucking way to help tony panda Y deliver buns to his cousin.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    AH took RNG out of it. Just like rep takes RNG out of gear. I can see a correlation from that aspect. However, enchant recipes can be used to create enchants where you made the money back fairly quickly. So it has no correlation from that aspect.
    No VALOR took the rng out of gear. Without the points you can't buy shit. The current system requires you to earn the privelege to spend the points you spent your time and effort into earning in whatever fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Right, super rare random world drops. How Blizzard usually did some high end chants before. So you prefer hundreds of hours of mandatory random mob grinding for super rare chance at drop to getting exalted with a daily rep for your recipe.

You don't like Cata, ok. You want to talk about vanilla or TBC? I remember helping a guildmate farm one of the Netherstorm instances because a certain enchant was a rare drop from trash mobs in that instance. He farmed that instance for months and I don't think he ever got the enchant in the end. According to you, it was mandatory for him to farm that instance a ridiculous number of times in hopes of getting that recipe drop.

I'm starting to wonder if you've even played WoW before MoP. It is easier to get all your main enchanting recipes now than it has ever been in any expansion.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-03-01 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    No VALOR took the rng out of gear. Without the points you can't buy shit. The current system requires you to earn the privelege to spend the points you spent your time and effort into earning in whatever fashion.
    Without the rep, you can't buy anything from the rep vendors either. So it is really a combo of the rep and valor. However, you can get valor through other means. Rep, only one way to do that.

That was all I meant.

Doing dailies basically guaranteed gear and this is why it felt force. If you are unlucky with rng, you IMO had to do dailies to offset this. Also IMO if you aren't doing dailies and you are sitting there with a piece of ilvl gear lower than the ones you can get with dailies you are IMO holding back your raid team. If you care about progressing, IMO you have to do dailies to offset any bad luck you have with gear drops. Are people telling me this "I am fine with my ilvl 476 gear", really? Sounds like you are if you don't want to do dailies. If you are, ok cool, but to others it isn't acceptable. To them not doing dailies holds them back and to those people it felt forced, especially if they have bad luck with rng.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Without the rep, you can't buy anything from the rep vendors either. So it is really a combo of the rep and valor. However, you can get valor through other means. Rep, only one way to do that.

That was all I meant.
    Well currently yea. It took them like 6 months but they finally got it through their thick fucking heads that other things need to reward rep. In any event the greater crime still remains. I shouldn't have to earn rep to earn the privilege to spend the points I spent time earning. I earn the points I should be able to get a reward out of that that isn't tied to some other activity whatever the activity is.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Right, super rare random world drops. How Blizzard usually did some high end chants before. So you prefer hundreds of hours of mandatory random mob grinding for super rare chance at drop to getting exalted with a daily rep for your recipe.

You don't like Cata, ok. You want to talk about vanilla or TBC? I remember helping a guildmate farm one of the Netherstorm instances because a certain enchant was a rare drop from trash mobs in that instance. He farmed that instance for months and I don't think he ever got the enchant in the end. According to you, it was mandatory for him to farm that instance a ridiculous number of times in hopes of getting that recipe drop.

I'm starting to wonder if you've even played WoW before MoP. It is easier to get all your main enchanting recipes now than it has ever been in any expansion.
    OH and the recipie had a very low drop rate from just TWO mobs in the instance .... such fun! http://www.wowhead.com/item=22556
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    From a story telling stand point... your suggestion wouldn't be very good. Think of it this way. The faction is willing to give you items based on how much they trust you/like you. You don't automatically get the best stuff they have if they only kind of like you or kind of trust you.

This whole game is an ever evolving story... We, as players, need to think of it that way. Thinking about how we can get what we want with the least amount of work possible... well, that makes for a really boring story.
    First of all from a story telling stand point I could care less. The npcs don't actually PRESENT you with the reward, you go and buy it from the vendor. The most you get from a story telling perspective is some npc telling you that hey you have earned the honor for such and such. So from a story telling perspective nothing has really changed. You still get the same story.

From an RP perspective the solution is really simple. As I already suggested just have the gear scale so that at exalted you get a higher ilvl. This way you still allow people choice and a sense of progress with that particular faction.

Frankly the story in the game is piss poor anyway and story concerns should NEVER over write game play issues.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-01 at 11:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read past first page, but most of the argument I see is that not doing dailies halt your character progression. However it seems that most talks about LFR progression and not real raiding through normal/heroic. So if you are in a real guild you don't even need LFR to do progression and even if you wanted to do LFR you should get enough ilvl from the normal raiding. Especially now that 5.0 raids are becoming available for cross-realm. You can easily get normal/heroic raids even without a guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do people defend Blizzard's horrible systems, even after Blizzard acknowledges they messed up?
    Some people dont give up even after they are found their pants down being 'wrong'.
    Internet pride and rep is too important to say "maybe I didnt think this through", yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I was just about to post this very sentence!

It seems the OP's reading between the lines to validate his own point.
    Since you're going to call me out, okay here we go.

You claim I'm saying that dailies ARE mandatory when it only in fact FEELS mandatory?

Ok let me point a few things out.

If you are a casual person who only does LFR. This is what your progression looks like.

You hit 90. Maybe you do your Sha boots, a few dungeons, let's say you average out to a 430 ilevel. After a few more dungeons you smoothly get into the MSV LFR. Here is where it begins to become mandatory.

Most people will get 463 ilevel very quickly, but you need 470 to run the HoF and Terrace LFRs.

What are your options if you decided not to do dailies/reputations:

1. Upgrade every slot of 463 heroic items to 471 @ 1500 JP each. You get 30 Justice per scenario and I think 50 per dungeon. Do the math
    2. You can get lucky as fuck in LFR. You know damn well all of the people who are experiencing the RNG wall. Myself included. And even if you get a few pieces, it still won't give you a massive 10 point bump to your ilevel.
    3. Spend 30,000g (depending on server) for your chest and glove items that are crafted. You can't make them yourself because, infact, the patterns are behind the gauntlet of dailies.
    4. I heard scenarios drop epics. I only ever saw 1 in game on a random guy. Even worse RNG wise than LFR gear.

Also, why would they allow a dungeon runner/scenario runner to earn VP/JP if they can't spend it without doing a different sort of content = daily questing. That's similar to putting Honor and Conquest gear behind reputation vendors. Terrible idea.

So ok maybe they AREN'T mandatory. But if you don't do them you hit a brick progression wall where you will need MONTHS of grinding JP to upgrade, INSANE RNG luck or a get a fucking carry through a PUG, and PUGs usually ask for normal experience + already good gear to make up for the lack of coordination. Truth is, Blizzard doesn't make them mandatory at all, but they make all of the other paths so much more brutal that you don't have a legitimate choice. Add in just ONE alt. Just ONE. Fuck that .

Can't believe there are people who are enforcing their rhetoric that it just FEELS mandatory. When someone says they are giving you 3 options, but they make two of them incredibly ridiculous and painful.... sure I guess it only FEELS mandatory that you take the other one.... give me a fucking break.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-03-01 at 11:09 PM.