Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Hunters pets too powerful?

Anyone else think hunter pets need to do less dmg? Tired of cc'ing the hunter and getting away only to have his pet hit me back to back for almost 40k each and i die anyway...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats only beastmaster pets that do that kind of damage and its the beastmasters "signature shot" like survival explosive shot....even though it isnt a shot per say. Their siganture shot is to have their pet hit hard its called Kill Command. That's not the pets normal melee hits so no the pets are not overpowered.

Just target the damn pet and kill it in 2 hits like any competent pvper does nowadays...

The pets used to be too powerful but they brought them down by a fair margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Just target the damn pet and kill it in 2 hits like any competent pvper does nowadays...
    Dont even mention it, they cc me and kill my pet everytime and a BM hunter without a pet is dead meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately Hunterpower is right. It really is a bit too easy for you to CC the hunter and dps down the hunter pet. They generally have roughly about 250-270k health, and while the hunter is CC'd, you can kite the pet away and kill it within about 5 seconds.

i didn't know 'competent pvpers' let their pet get kited away from their healer and killed.

Deleted
    Hunter pets can be killed within a stun, easily, which forces the hunter to cast a 6 second resurrection which can be stunned/kicked (possibly silenced or disarmed, cant remember 100%).

So no, they're not op.

Don't bm hunter get like a free rebirth for their pets? You will have to kill it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Don't bm hunter get like a free rebirth for their pets? You will have to kill it twice.
    They have to choose between that or sac.

OT: Yes, having most of a characters damage coming from a pet which can't be slowed or rooted is pretty stupid. Infact, it's just bad game design. For any class that doesn't have AOE CC BM hunter pets are just ridiculous.

edit: a lot of people seem to think killing a hunter pet is the 'thing to do' at high level play. It works sub-2.2k, but as soon as the Hunter gets good at micro managing his pet it'll rarely get in a bad position, and if it does and gets killed, one of three things happens:
    A) Everything goes amazing, Hunter cant CC as much, does a bit less damage and you win because of it
    B) The Hunter goes back, gets peeled by his partners and resurrects his pet. You blew CDs killing a pet which was ressed after 20s
    C) The Hunter goes back, gets peeled by his partners and resurrects his pet, you chase and get in a shitty position, overextend and get blown up by a swifty 1shot because you blinked behind a pillar

If killing a hunter pet was so easy and fool-proof, BM wouldn't be a good spec and no Hunters would be getting glad this season.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-02 at 02:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Thats only beastmaster pets that do that kind of damage and its the beastmasters "signature shot" like survival explosive shot....even though it isnt a shot per say. Their siganture shot is to have their pet hit hard its called Kill Command. That's not the pets normal melee hits so no the pets are not overpowered.
    i dont think its kill command, bc it was back to back crits for 38k in a matter of 5 secs...isnt there like a 10sec cd on kill command? I've seen kill command crits for way more than 38k...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    OT: Yes, having most of a characters damage coming from a pet which can't be slowed or rooted is pretty stupid. Infact, it's just bad game design. For any class that doesn't have AOE CC BM hunter pets are just ridiculous.

If killing a hunter pet was so easy and fool-proof, BM wouldn't be a good spec and no Hunters would be getting glad this season.
    First, the hunter pet is only immune to CC during Bestial Wrath, outside of BW, its fully susceptible to CCs.
    Second, it IS easy to kill a hunter pet, compared to killing, say, the hunter himself. Besides taking all the cleave damage from shit such as Nether Tempest, it can be switched too fast, and yes, a good hunter will USUALLY be able to get a dismiss on the pet or move it away, etc, but if there's alot of AoE CC going on (a lá WMD, Godcomp/Shatter, Warr/Spriest/Rsham, etc) where the pet is stuck in shit like RoF or Psychic Screams half of the time, it's really not that easy to control your pet with the current pet management UI.

My point is anyways that the offensive parts of pets are very strong (being able to avoid LoS, and having a second constant auto attack on target), the weak sides are also very noticeable.

Deleted
    my pet usually dies on my hunter im not BM so its not as big an issue if i was, but mine tends to die quite easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill command while Bestial Wrathed, pop our reset, then Kill Command again.

Pets do like 4k damage or something like that normally.

hunter's PETS see? its plural the hunter obviously used stampede.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Kill command while Bestial Wrathed, pop our reset, then Kill Command again.

Pets do like 4k damage or something like that normally.
    Non Bm pets in cata hit harder than 4k....

10+ Year Old Account
    I regularly see "claw" for something stupid like 20-30k on full resil

Let us Hunters have our day, we've been needing it. Cata brought us up good in PvE. So hunters deserve to be good for a few (3) expansions. :P

in full Normal raid gear.. my hunters ilvl is 493. femaledwarf.com figures my DPS at 92k in BM, with my shot rotation, etc. 38k of that DPS is my pet.

In Survival, which is 89k DPS, my pets DPS is 11k of that.
    Fanboy (Fanboi): A Term used when someone disagrees with you on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate your counterpoint back so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming you into silence and thus them winning through dominance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I regularly see "claw" for something stupid like 20-30k on full resil
    yea thats what im saying, i have 61% res and i got "clawed" back to back for 38k each...