Jesus christ, crysis 3 is a GPU killer... Everything maxed out I get 11-12 fps @ 1200 Mhz...

Yeah crysis 3 is nuts, right now I'm at the end of the game but it seems to crash for some reason when it goes in to the end cinematic and I don't know what is causing it lol. Appears others are having the same issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if quitting MSI Afterburner helps (if you're even using that). It was causing crashes for me, using PrecisionX now.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Put the blue low noise adapters on my CPU cooler today, kinda surprised at how much difference going from 1300 RPM to 900 RPM made. I was expecting it to be quieter, but perhaps not this much quieter. Hardly made a difference to P95 load temps too.

Not that I'm complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choo Choo. Flatrate.

Still no way to solve the problem with my Wii U, guess I'll just use it as a bookholder-thing.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Bah Crysis 3 is great and all but I've been trying to get vsync to work and it doesn't want to, I even tried the cfg file for the game. I have everything maxed but the AA with is 2xMSAA I believe and in single player I get anywhere from 50fps to 100 peaks and in multiplayer it's 80-120fps. Problem is I have a 60Hz monitor and the tearing gets annoying and even foricing it in CCC does nothing.

Quite honestly, no HAF X is ever going to approach silence. Ever. (unless you cover the entire inside of all mesh and all panels with noisedampening and don't use case-fans)
    A HAF X is loud. Always. Noise from the internal components leak and it will never come close to a quietness.
    Run the fans at 40%? Still makes noise.

Get Noctua's NF-F12 and you'll be hard pressed to find noise though, to be fair. I'm having trouble with the H100i's pump or the HD 7970's fans being more overpowering, though after some looking around I'm still undecided on which is the big sinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Quite honestly, no HAF X is ever going to approach silence. Ever. (unless you cover the entire inside of all mesh and all panels with noisedampening and don't use case-fans)
    A HAF X is loud. Always. Noise from the internal components leak and it will never come close to a quietness.
    Run the fans at 40%? Still makes noise.
    He's a drummer.

I'm not generalizing or anything, but I knew a jazz drummer IRL and he had a completely different standard to what is considered "quiet" or "loud" despite him usually wearing ear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Get Noctua's NF-F12 and you'll be hard pressed to find noise though, to be fair. I'm having trouble with the H100i's pump or the HD 7970's fans being more overpowering, though after some looking around I'm still undecided on which is the big sinner.
    I was having the same problem. I discovered that it was my PSU spinning up it's fans and the same day the AX860i was in the mail. I hate fan noise, it drives me insane :/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    He's a drummer.

I'm not generalizing or anything, but I knew a jazz drummer IRL and he had a completely different standard to what is considered "quiet" or "loud" despite him usually wearing ear protection.
    I can always hear my computer.

But good God, if I was so nitpicky that I couldn't stand the slightest of hums, I'd be about ready to kill myself, because I'm sorry but you're always going to hear noise, no matter where you go. If you don't, well, you have other issues, and not just the ones about being deaf - there was that one room where they took out all of the things that would produce noise and people were literally going insane.

Also, I need noise to sleep. I don't sleep in the same room as my computer, two floors up and on the other side of the house - what I am used to at night... is a fan's motor. Ceiling fan, to be specific. I was raised hearing noises whenever I slept, thus I need it.

So yes, I know my HAF X produces noise, but if you think a HAF X is loud, good God. What would you say about some garbage RaidMAX case with 3 80mm fans blazing at max? You surely know that would be several times louder than the HAF X.

Paaalease...

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 11:47 PM ----------

I swear. I'm going to record my computer with the Samson M15 mic (so we have something decent, and then record other noises, maybe record another computer - my parents' Gateway should do... and then there will be no more arguing.

In comparison to a fully sound-proofed Fractal case? No duh In comparison to almost everything else? It's quiet, barely noticeable. I've heard plenty of other things, computers and not computers, that are far louder than my computer.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If my PC was totally silent, I'd be paranoid that something had broken. I want at least a bit of noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you see, my HAF X is just about 2 dB louder than this. See? I told you it was quiet.

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I can always hear my computer.

But good God, if I was so nitpicky that I couldn't stand the slightest of hums, I'd be about ready to kill myself, because I'm sorry but you're always going to hear noise, no matter where you go. If you don't, well, you have other issues, and not just the ones about being deaf - there was that one room where they took out all of the things that would produce noise and people were literally going insane.

Also, I need noise to sleep. I don't sleep in the same room as my computer, two floors up and on the other side of the house - what I am used to at night... is a fan's motor. Ceiling fan, to be specific. I was raised hearing noises whenever I slept, thus I need it.

So yes, I know my HAF X produces noise, but if you think a HAF X is loud, good God. What would you say about some garbage RaidMAX case with 3 80mm fans blazing at max? You surely know that would be several times louder than the HAF X.

Paaalease...

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 11:47 PM ----------

I swear. I'm going to record my computer with the Samson M15 mic (so we have something decent, and then record other noises, maybe record another computer - my parents' Gateway should do... and then there will be no more arguing.

In comparison to a fully sound-proofed Fractal case? No duh In comparison to almost everything else? It's quiet, barely noticeable. I've heard plenty of other things, computers and not computers, that are far louder than my computer.
    It also depends on where you sit in relation to your PC. My PC sits on my desk literally ~2-3 feet from my face, sending vibration/noise through the desk. Yours sits on the floor at ground level (I think...) partly softened by the carpet and not touching your desk at all.

My computer sits 35cm from my face. I have to have it silent, a little hum is alright, it's what I call "good-sounds". If I eliminated all sound it would almost be like all the times my kid stops breathing during the night. I stop breathing too, anticipating his resumed breathing.

Main reason I want it as silent as possible is that me and the gf share an office in our house that is about 9sqM. It's tight and noise can quickly get annoying. I just started unpacking all her parts for a Fractal Define mini build and have installed MB with the H60 already. Getting ready for 45 minutes of building/cable management.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also depends on where you sit in relation to your PC. My PC sits on my desk literally ~2-3 feet from my face, sending vibration/noise through the desk. Yours sits on the floor at ground level (I think...) partly softened by the carpet and not touching your desk at all.
    God damn man. You've seen pics and videos of it where I've specifically said it's on a coffee table my great granddad built (very heavy solid wood) and you still forget! Sheesh, get that checked.

It's about 2 feet from my head.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Jesus christ, crysis 3 is a GPU killer... Everything maxed out I get 11-12 fps @ 1200 Mhz...
    Lol how? Are you running 6x 1600p monitors? :P

Computer is down . After troubleshooting I believe it is the Motherboard. The computer won't even start no matter what I try. PSU works fine and I tried shorting the two power pins to ensure the power button wasn't the culprit and still nothing. Weird thing is the Motherboard green led light is on so I know it's getting power. I'm going to try an RMA and hope that's the issue.

Just bought two MSI Lightning 680s and new 2400mhz ram and I can't even use them
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    6x 1600p monitors? :P
    Is that even possible o_O
    Won't the operating system fall into a singularity or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that even possible o_O
    Won't the operating system fall into a singularity or something...
    It is possible, even with a single 7850 last I remember :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory