Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Free Level 85 if you are NOT subbed on March 12

Just like last year, get a free level 85 if you are NOT subbed.
    Someone says the date is March 12.

Anyone heard anything about it?

nope, but interesting I want to come back in so if this means I can get 2nd lvl 85 and send my heirlooms to the server I want then heck yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to go against the arguments that will say "Oh GREAT more people who have no idea what they are doing."

If you have no idea what to do on a class and try to level 85-90 you will get your ass kicked, so they will most likely be somewhat competent by the time they hit 90.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

If this is true I hope they put a restriction for monks. If you want one, you should have to level it like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    If this is true I hope they put a restriction for monks. If you want one, you should have to level it like the rest of us.
    I kinda doubt this restriction will happen, they've already commented on how they want a higher representation of monks

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, if we're not subbed on March 12? How does that work when we go to retrieve an 85? Do you have to sub AFTER March 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Wait, if we're not subbed on March 12? How does that work when we go to retrieve an 85? Do you have to sub AFTER March 12th?
    Seriously.

@OP; Huh, what? Huh... what?

Wait, doesn't it require that you haven't been subbed for 90+ days?

wait sorry what? wheres this from? I know they did this before but I may hold off on a resub if this is the case. Does it come with a free transfer to?

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    You mean start at level 80.99? Cause that's how I did it, as did many others. If they didn't restrict RAF grant-a-levels to monks, I doubt they'd restrict scrolls of resurrection.

If this is true then quite a few will resub.

Deleted
    don't you have to be unsubbed for like a month or something to use this?

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 03:14 AM ----------

edit: second thoughts, i have no idea what the op is talking about. at first i thought it was something to do with scroll of resurection, but you can do that now i think. another anual pass style thing maybe?

I used Scroll to get a free 80 and it was quite overwhelming with all the abilities, you do learn by max level what to do though

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    don't you have to be unsubbed for like a month or something to use this?
    it used to be 4 months but they never changed the start date so the time period got longer and longer (that was to 80)

edit: second thoughts, i have no idea what the op is talking about. at first i thought it was something to do with scroll of resurection, but you can do that now i think. another anual pass style thing maybe?
    I think he's talking about an updated SoR with a new start date. This one leveling you to 85 instead of 80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    I think he's talking about an updated SoR with a new start date. This one leveling you to 85 instead of 80

oh i see, well then my original point, the SoR requires you to be unsubbed for a certain length of time, so unsubbing on the 11th and resubbing on the 12th won't get you a free 85

Is this just pure speculation or did blizzard actually say something about this.

oh i see, well then my original point, the SoR requires you to be unsubbed for a certain length of time, so unsubbing on the 11th and resubbing on the 12th won't get you a free 85
    Yes. But for people considering resubbing it might be a good reason to hold off if this is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Is this just pure speculation or did blizzard actually say something about this.
    This is what I'm wondering.

I haven't heard of anything even slightly resembling this news.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Surprised more people are not saying "YOU NEED TO LEVEL FROM 1 TO LEARN YOUR CLASS"

No you don't. Spend 5 minutes on Elitest jerks/ Icy Veins and you know your class

Free 85 is really not that enticing unless you want a Monk real fast, but Monks were a breeze to level for me anyways with the free exp. boost daily. I got an army of 85s back in Cataclysm, but due to the general alt. unfriendliness of MOP I cannot bother to level them all. Still I already got 6 90s, but I am already sick of the Pandaria questing.