Thread: Keyboard Ideas?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will never understand why people buy showy keyboards, it's so fucking pretentious. Just buy a mechanical keyboard with the kind of switches you want and lit keys if you game in the dark. All these Corsair, Logitech and Razer boards are just pieces of shit designed to look good enough to waste money on.

If you want a good keyboard get a Rosewill, Filco, Ducky, Leopold, Happy Hacking, Topre Realforce, Deck, WASD or Das Keyboard. You know, keyboards made by actual keyboard companies.

I've been using the Saitek Eclipse II for years and I absolutely love it. Cheap, reliable, great feedback, and well lit. The keys don't wear in the slightest, and it's comfortable. Not too loud either.

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Eclipse...eywords=saitek

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Black Widow by Razer. I loves it but it is crazy loud. I just bought my boyfriend the Logitech G710+. He loves it, the clicking of the buttons is not nearly loud as mine. It isn't very attractive (in my opinion) but it is an amazing keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heart my steelseries shift.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126087

I game in the dark so lit keys are needed. Those side buttons combined with a Naga are all my keybinds. I cannot play without em. Tried diff keyboard when I was building my rig, Failed miserably....

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    I cannot play without em.
    This is why I rarely recommend MMO mice or keyboards with macro keys, people use them as crutches, become dependent on them and then struggle (or fail completely) when they are without them for whatever reason (main equipment broke, playing somewhere else, etc).

OT: I use a ZOWIE Celeritas and I'm quite happy with it, although the old style Enter key can get a little frustrating when you switch often between a more standard keyboard and the Celeritas (I started taking mine to work because I couldn't get used to it).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-03-02 at 06:22 AM.

I dont have marco keys. I just put fireball on keyboard button g6 pyroblast on g5 and on the naga inferno blast on num 1 and living bomb on number 2 and dragon breath on num 3.. I dont have like 4 or 5 complex actions bound to one key. After a while ur fingers just naturally go there. pretty soon gonna get Nostromo then I will not even need keyboard except to type on here.

Got it on sale for 50 bux. So it was nice. I had he G15 from logitech with the screen on it but only had one row of buttons. I never looked at that screen anyways. So cleaning it I had broken one of the clip tabs on the space bar and I had to get a new one so I got this one with more buttons for 1/2 the price. And Naga was a present from my beloved.
    Last edited by Elmister; 2013-03-02 at 06:28 AM.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This is why I rarely recommend MMO mice or keyboards with macro keys, people use them as crutches, become dependent on them and then struggle (or fail completely) when they are without them for whatever reason (main equipment broke, playing somewhere else, etc).

OT: I use a ZOWIE Celeritas and I'm quite happy with it, although the old style Enter key can get a little frustrating when you switch often between a more standard keyboard and the Celeritas (I started taking mine to work because I couldn't get used to it).
    A mouse is not hard to take with you

When my Naga finally breaks down though, I will probebly try something else. Not because it was bad (It's already lasted me 2 years and still going strong with only 1 minor breakdown), but because I want to see the other side of the picture.

Deleted
    Or wait a little and get the K95

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got a razer now which I have had for 3-4 years now and it's been good to me but when the corsair k95 comes out I'm getting it.

microsoft sidewinder x4, relatively cheap and so far I have nothing to complain about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    I will never understand why people buy showy keyboards, it's so fucking pretentious. Just buy a mechanical keyboard with the kind of switches you want and lit keys if you game in the dark. All these Corsair, Logitech and Razer boards are just pieces of shit designed to look good enough to waste money on.

If you want a good keyboard get a Rosewill, Filco, Ducky, Leopold, Happy Hacking, Topre Realforce, Deck, WASD or Das Keyboard. You know, keyboards made by actual keyboard companies.
    Hahaha, don't be an elitist, those keyboards are mechanical too and a little bit showy to boot, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Neither Rosewill, Filco, WASD or Das Keyboard make their own keyboards though. Also Rosewill "makes" pretty much any part for a computer you can imagine so I have no clue why you even included them in the first place.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-03-02 at 03:00 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Noppoo Choc mini. F keys are directly above number keys. Can switch caps lock with Ctrl, Alt button is bigger, has Windows button lock, Fn key with media keys and also a numpad despite being a mini. Amazing keyboard. Would be the perfect keyboard actually if it just had a separate Numpad so it'd be easier to use with an MMO mouse. Can still use it though (I do). Comes in any switch. I have Reds which are really nice. I wanted functionality, that's why I went with this. I don't like how they make MMO keyboards and how they have a bunch of non-mechanical buttons over to the left which is just inconvenient. That's why I prefer the close and lined up F keys. Also, I think it's the only keyboard with full NKRO over USB, meaning you can press as many keys as you want at the same time and it will register them all.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-03-02 at 03:35 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I spend a lot of money on gaming mice, but I get cheap and very easy to clean keyboards that I replace two or three times a year. I honestly do not think a good keyboard is nearly as important as a good mouse.

Deleted
    Microsoft X4 (or X6) unless you want a mechanical keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I spend a lot of money on gaming mice, but I get cheap and very easy to clean keyboards that I replace two or three times a year. I honestly do not think a good keyboard is nearly as important as a good mouse.
    A mechanical keyboard is superior to a membrane one in feel/comfort, rollover, response time, and durability. Because of the n-key rollover and faster response time (lower debouncing thresholds), many professional gamers seem to express the opposite of your view. Obviously a good mouse is necessary for most games too, it's just that a quality mouse is actually pretty cheap compared to what most people seem to buy.

I'd really recommend looking into a mechanical keyboard. I don't know how cheap you're getting those membrane boards you burn through, but a good mechanical board should easily last 20 years which should result in significant savings at any price point. You'll have a more pleasant typing experience in that time, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Hahaha, don't be an elitist, those keyboards are mechanical too and a little bit showy to boot, nothing wrong with that.
    It's not elitist to not want to waste money on a shitty, flimsy, pure rice keyboard loaded with useless shit like LCD screens and backlighting.

People seem to throw the word "elitist" at anything they don't like these days -.-

I use a K90.

I like the aluminium backplate. I think it looks fantastic, and the LEDs in the keys reflecting off the panel give it a nice underglow. The volume barrel is awesome too. There is absolutely no flex to the keyboard itself, and it feels sturdy enough to use it as a cricket bat.

I do use the macro keys, I have them bound to keys that are normally out of reach.

Deleted

Saitek Eclipse.

Compleatly battered. WSAD and half the space bar "paint" and lettering have been worn away, And its still going strong after 7 years Not bad for £30. Have heard of Mechanical Keyboards costing tripple that breaking switches that are newer than mine.