Valor Reset When 5.2 Hits?

I haven't heard anything about it and I don't trust the people in trade on my realm to ask, but are our VP going to be reset whenever 5.2 hits? I don't wanna lose all of them and miss out on buying a few pieces of gear/upgrades before patch day.

Deleted
    no
    10 char

Only thing being reset is conquest points. Any conquest you have will be converted to honor. Any honor over 4000 will convert to gold.

Nope, and try to save some for 5.2, you can get 522 stuff from the shado-pan assault starting at neutral.
    Bleh

No valor reset, which seems pretty awkward.

'm not sure what to do. I have more than 2000 VP and I'm concerned that I won't have anything to buy in the first week and will lose valor. My gear is LFR and all the relevant 5.1 faction rewards (483 - 496) and I've already upgraded weapon and trinkets. Is there a "sweet spot" for valor so that one doesn't risk wasting any? What valor gear can one buy in the first week?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koqo View Post
    No valor reset, which seems pretty awkward.
    it's something new, but it's not awkward, actually it's only reasonable chocie. Previous we had resets but old valor gear was moved to justice vendor, so after conversion you didnt lose anything. If they change our valor to justice with leaving gear as it is, it would be like "fuck you" to playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    'm not sure what to do. I have more than 2000 VP and I'm concerned that I won't have anything to buy in the first week and will lose valor. My gear is LFR and all the relevant 5.1 faction rewards (483 - 496) and I've already upgraded weapon and trinkets. Is there a "sweet spot" for valor so that one doesn't risk wasting any? What valor gear can one buy in the first week?
    If you have capped for this week, and if patch is on 5th of March and you only do LFR, you will go a little over the cap. Lfr will be released a week AFTER release of patch(So 12th of march if 5.2 is on 5th of march) but that is only if you cap next week.

Forgot Neutral valor rewards, you mayb actually not go over the cap :-)

Its good that the valor isnt reset, if it does reset, we get JP for it = we can buy the items from VP (as of 5.1) as JP... altho that kinda fawks us over when it comes to get the weekly cap AND getting the newer items in 5.2.

"What valor gear can one buy in the first week?"
    I think neck n maybe rings n trinket (shado-pan assault rep)

Valor Points costs:
    Neutral: Amulets, 1250
    Friendly: Ring 1250, Trinket 1750, Wrist 1250
    Honored: Hands 1750, Legs 2250, Cape 1250
    Revered: Chest 2250, Waist 1750, and maybe Shoulders
    Exalted: Shado-Pan Assault Tabard and maybe Shoulders