Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Translation: "I am a hipster because I only like old things."
    No, due to nostalgia.

:/

I remember when it first aired here in the Netherlands, I was a kid, getting ready for school.

It.was.AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No, due to nostalgia.

:/
    Nostalgia is a sign of an unhealthy mental state.

Just saying.
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    Nostalgia is a sign of an unhealthy mental state.

Just saying.
    Wrong.

I simply don't care for the new generations.
    Then again, I stopped really caring for Pokemon when I was about 15-16 or so, but before that I played it quite avidly on the GBA.

Up until Ruby/Sapphire.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-27 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Wrong.

I simply don't care for the new generations.
    Then again, I stopped really caring for Pokemon when I was about 15-16 or so, but before that I played it quite avidly on the GBA.

Up until Ruby/Sapphire.
    If you simply not care about them then why do you need to write "THEY DON'T EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!" in an online forum? Well there's two possibilities.

1. You actually do care
    2. You're just a troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    If you simply not care about them then why do you need to write "THEY DON'T EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!" in an online forum? Well there's two possibilities.

1. You actually do care
    2. You're just a troll
    You never heard of a joke did you? -_-

It was written in a humorous way, but apparently people didn't get that.

Why are you so extremely serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never heard of a joke did you? -_-

It was written in a humorous way, but apparently people didn't get that.

Why are you so extremely serious.
    Years of people going to Pokemon fan sites/threads just to announce how they're some sort of "purist" who only aknowledges the first generation(s) and calls the others crap puts us on the defensive when it comes to that. Not saying it's what you intended, but you can see where he's coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Years of people going to Pokemon fan sites/threads just to announce how they're some sort of "purist" who only aknowledges the first generation(s) and calls the others crap puts us on the defensive when it comes to that. Not saying it's what you intended, but you can see where he's coming from.
    The intention was for somebody to say something like: they do exist.

Then I could segway into a : LALALALALALA *cover ears*

But honestly, why is the artwork not as it used to be.

There is a huge difference between generations. The newer ones look wacky most of the time.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-27 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But honestly, why is the artwork not as it used to be.

There is a huge difference between generations. The newer ones look wacky most of the time.
    I hate to use this old tired argument again, but... that's nostalgia at work.

When you look at it objectively and compare each generation side by side, you'll easily see that for the most part, old ones were just as wacky as new ones. People really like to look at Garbodor and go "LOL TRASH" while simultaneously ignoring Muk. That's just one example out of many that my brain just can't remember right now.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    I hate to use this old tired argument again, but... that's nostalgia at work.

When you look at it objectively and compare each generation side by side, you'll easily see that for the most part, old ones were just as wacky as new ones. People really like to look at Garbodor and go "LOL TRASH" while simultaneously ignoring Muk. That's just one example out of many that my brain just can't remember right now.
    Not that, I know old ones have wacky pokemon too, but then you look at articuno for example and zapdos and moltres. All serious legendaries.
    Old ones had wacky too, like Lickitung, but MOST of the new ones are wacky, I guess that's what I mean.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-02-27 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that, I know old ones have wacky pokemon too, but then you look at articuno for example and zapdos and moltres. All serious legendaries.
    Are you gonna tell me that Palkia and Dialga don't look like "serious" legendaries? Or motherfucking Zekrom?

I love me some Articuno (probably my favorite pokemon), but honestly, I put some recent pokemon up there in terms of coolness, some of them not even legendary.

It goes both ways. Older generations have wacky pokemon, serious pokemon, ugly ones, badass ones. They also have puny legendaries such as Mew or Celebi. Newer ones have wacky pokemon, serious ones, ugly, badass, and -wait for it- legendaries such as the lake trio that are pretty comparable to Mew (except in you know, power).

Anyway, can we please just kill this subject? It's been discussed to death already, and this thread isn't even 300 pages long
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-27 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Got me into the mood of playing Ruby again.. going to play it now!

1 pokemon to rule them all..and her name was volcarona.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    you spelled Jolteon wrong

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    /cast Stealth Rock

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you gonna tell me that Palkia and Dialga don't look like "serious" legendaries? Or motherfucking Zekrom?
    The only legendaries I like are Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. All other legendaries are lame, lookswise, to me.

Now I think that there are some awesome "normal" pokemon in the latest generations, but enough lame ones or ones with lame names. Not that Ekans or Arbok are very good names, though, but the icecream pokemon (Vanillish, Vanillite, Vannillux or something) and the gear pokemon (Klink, Klang and Klinklang) are so... stupid (both names and looks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Sometimes I feel like the only one who likes the icecream pokemon
    I don't mind them at all. They're not among my favorites, but they aren't that bad. And they're like 1000 times better than some of the gen 1 Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Sometimes I feel like the only one who likes the icecream pokemon
    If I remember correctly Ice isn't that great a type (except for an offensive team).

I like them but I'd like to find them in snowy areas instead of lush meadows though. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If I remember correctly Ice isn't that great a type (except for an offensive team).

I like them but I'd like to find them in snowy areas instead of lush meadows though. :3
    Last I checked you can only catch them in caves, or on route 6 when it's winter. So not really lush meadows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    One rock to faint them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    One rock to faint them all.
    Rock moves, the reason why I didn't keep using my Volcarona in my Black2 playthrough