Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    -I'm getting conflicting reports on 2 separate things about the BMAH: Firstly, that it is selling Heroic (535) versions of trash drops. Second, that is is also selling Thunderforged/Heroic Thunderforged items (528 and 541 respectively). Until we can ascertain the validity of these claims beyond any doubt, I'm operating under the assumption that they're false and have constructed BiS lists accordingly.
    Wait. What.

What.

This... this better not be serious. I will blow a freakin' gasket.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I assume that as a LFR Hero, running 2H Frost, that I'll want to replace Talisman of Rage with the new reputation trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Wait. What.

What.

This... this better not be serious. I will blow a freakin' gasket.
    I have bad news on this front: It's confirmed as occurring not only on the PTR but even on Live (proof being that the heroic version of the Paladin healing bracers from Heart of Fear recently showed up on our realm). The heroic version of the trash gear is just incredibly rare, since it's also competing with other boss loot spots. On the PTR, this extends to Thunderforged gear as well.

What does this mean for our BiS lists?
    Absolutely nothing. I am not altering the existing lists based on items that almost nobody will obtain due to how rare they are. We're all best off focusing our efforts towards gearing based off confirmed boss drops.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

I'm going to be working on redoing the lists with the Live version of Wowhead over the next few days. Hopefully we'll see Heroic Thunderforged IDs then. Please refer to the Elitist Jerk Unholy and Frost guides for analysis of stat weights, etc.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Deleted
    Am also working on a "vMagik BiS" for casual tards like me who won't see the majority of the heroic modes until sometime next tier ;-)

I'm tired of copy-pasting, but since enough people have asked here's an answer to something I've been asked a number of times:

There's been a great deal of confusion about items like Greatsword of Frozen Hells due to lack of knowledge about their sources. On the PTR, we had a Thunderforged normal (i.e. ilvl 528) version of the sword drop off trash, but assumed that heroic versions wouldn't be attainable since heroic versions of trash drops do not exist outside of the Black Market Auction House.

Now, however, we're getting reports of the sword being a rare shared loot drop off bosses, in the same style as certain items were in the Firelands raid. Thus, while it's entirely possible that Heroic/Heroic Thunderforged versions of it (and other such items) do exist, they are likely still too unreliable and rare as drops to seriously consider putting on an attainable loot table.
    If you happen to be fortunate enough to receive one, consider yourself lucky.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

just wanted to confirm that the sword drops off bosses. Last night, we had a thunderforged version drop off Tortos.

For 2H specs, the additional Ra-Den loot (boots, belt) does look like it's an upgrade after you skip all the hit gems that make sense based on socket bonuses, though it's a tiny increase: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...70;6:5:2:2:2:2

I wish I could get wowhead to consistently add comparisons to the same page so you could see them side by side...

But now I realize that the thunderforged versions of the loot in the OP will of course be better.
    Last edited by broodax; 2013-03-12 at 06:47 PM. Reason: remembered thunderforged ids not present yet

Wait... so the spark outweighs the feather I'm a little confused on this could someone explain?

These lists were constructed prior to the RPPM buffs/changes, not to mention prior to Simcraft's DK profiles getting the overhaul they needed. I might update them when possible, but ignore them for now.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

Moderators, I request that this thread be locked. I've stated my reasoning in the OP- there's really no point in continuing discussion here. I'm happy to discuss updated BiS lists (once the EJ guides have been updated) in a separate thread.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Moderators, I request that this thread be locked. I've stated my reasoning in the OP- there's really no point in continuing discussion here. I'm happy to discuss updated BiS lists (once the EJ guides have been updated) in a separate thread.
    Agreed. In the current state it'll just create confusion. Thus it's now locked.